Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
83 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ALDC
Assembly Line Diagnostic Connection

The connection to the ECM/PCM of a computer controlled vehicle, in the case of the C4 Corvette, located under ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee 7/16/2016 Chat
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12375 Posts

Morning guys...slept in, I guess everyone else has too, or busy doing things.
Posted on: 2016/7/16 14:32

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: 7/16/2016 Chat
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12375 Posts

Not much on the agenda today. Take the grandsons shopping and a little work here at #1's house (finishing a little sheetrock)
Posted on: 2016/7/16 14:37

Resized Image

captmike13 Re: 7/16/2016 Chat
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2166 Posts

Good morning gang.

Hope you get electricity back soon Gris.

Staying at the campground this weekend. We went to Steely Dan concert last night. Opening act was Steve Winwood.

It was a fantastic show. Next up is Heart, Joan Jett and the black hearts, and Cheap Trick.

So how did GS#2 do on his driving Tom?

Today's word of the day is zoosemiotics.

Have a great day gang.
Posted on: 2016/7/16 15:34

captmike13@yahoo.com

GRIS Re: 7/16/2016 Chat
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7686 Posts

SUNNY, HOT, AND HUMID IN THE NATIONS. LIGHTS STILL OUT. DAMN!

Attach file:

jpg  bc.jpg (26.21 KB)
12496_578a784edb776.jpg 610X343 px
Posted on: 2016/7/16 18:09

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: 7/16/2016 Chat
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33776 Posts

I cut all the grass at the nurseries and home. Got in 10 minutes ago and cooling off from the heat when all of a sudden ............ Ring .......... Ring. Some guy is in from out of town and wants to buy some silver palms. I HATE DOING SALES ....... but I like making money. Sue's out of town till at least tonight. She's going to a combined b-day party for my BIL, sis and niece then driving home. At least that's the plan right now. Sears is out of stock on one tire sizes I need so it's back to the drawing board. No hurry, fortunately. I just want to get some new tires.
Posted on: 2016/7/16 18:40

Matatk Re: 7/16/2016 Chat
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Hey guys. Feeling tired after the past couple of weeks. Lots around the house, work, health, etc. Looking forward to some vacation time at the end of the month.
Posted on: 2016/7/17 0:47

teebee Re: 7/16/2016 Chat
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12375 Posts

Mike, he did real well. Tried to instruct him without being critical. Last night at supper #1 does a thing where they say what the best and worst part of the day was, When it came to him, he said the best part was being able to spend the day driving with me in the seat next to him. I guess he was listening to the lessons and not feeling critical of my instructions. We'll let him drive most of the way home.

Well, my day was quite busy. If you remember, when we redid #1's kitchen they ended up buying all new appliances. The 'old ones' weren't really that old and once #3 bought the new house, it had a new refrig (stainless steel) but older dishwasher, microwave and stove (white). The ones #1 took out were also Stainless, so she offered those three to #3 for the new house. We loaded them up and hauled them across town and I proceeded to remove the old stove, microwave and dishwasher and install the other pieces. The appliances now are all quality stainless steel in #3's house. Of course, beings there was a dishwasher involved that meant f*#king plumbing. The old one was plumbed with a 3/8" copper line 8' long and it was kinked in one place, no wonder it didn't clean very well. So I go purchase an 8' braided hose to replace the copper. All went well, for the most part. While reaching in to pull the braided hose up to the front, with my arm laying in some water from the drain hose, I touched something under there which shocked the piss out of me. In the process of trying to let go and pulling my hand out of the situation, I scraped the sh!t out of the back of my hand. Peeled the skin right back....I cussed a bit.

Later, the SIL was trying to cut the jungle they call the yard. Well, last night he just finished up repairing the drive belt on the lawn tractor (this SIL is NOT the most mechanically inclined, so this is a major undertaking). Any way he got to mowing (3/4 acre plot the house sits on) and he comes in and says the mower is broke again. Somehow he got the front wheel into a bind and pulled the pitman arm out of the socket and lost the steering. I popped it back together with a large waterpump pliers I had, but told him it wouldn't hold, more than likely. Within 20 feet he tried to turn sharply and it pulled off again. The repair place was already closed for the day, so I thought I would remove ball from the steering knuckle and press it together again, then use a punch to cinch the ball a little tighter on the ball. Luckily, (in retrospect not sure how lucky it really was) I had one of my small 3/8" socket sets with me, but couldn't find a 1/2" open or boxed end wrench, so used a cheap Taiwan 6" crescent wrench. The nut was a self-locking type and was coming off hard and in the process, the crescent wrench slipped off and the left hand slid off against the shroud slicing the back of my ring finger and knuckle. I decided it was time to quit for the day. Both hands have taken a hit and are wearing multiple bandaids.

Tomorrow will be a better day........ see you tomorrow.
Posted on: 2016/7/17 3:45

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.