Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
297 user(s) are online (239 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TH700R4 / 4L60
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 3.06
2nd Gear: 1.62
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.70

Reverse: 2.29

- Used in production GM model...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 1 MARCH 22
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7649 Posts

CONTRARY TO TRADITION, MARCH HAS COME IN LIKE A LAMB.
Posted on: 2022/3/1 13:56

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 1 MARCH 22
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7649 Posts

OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING---SUNNY, 45, SHOOTING FOR 72.
THE CHEROKEES ARE SMILING AND SO AM I.

DARLING WIFE'S BIRTHDAY, BIG DAUGHTER AND FAMILY COMING OVER TONIGHT. GETTING HER A NEW CELL PHONE TODAY.

WENT TO RESTOCK THE GIANT RAWHIDE BONES FOR TROUBLE YESTERDAY, AND OF COURSE THEY WERE OUT, ON ORDER THEY SAY. GOT A COUPLE OF ERRANDS TO RUN OVER IN MUSKOGEE.

MERRY MARCH, GURUS!
Posted on: 2022/3/1 14:20

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: 1 MARCH 22
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

March has come in with a bang here - it's instantly summer. Will be all week. Of course while I'm at work. When I'm off it'll cool back down and be raining.
For me February went super fast. and when Andy puts it like this, dang "because it is February.
And it's done... 1/6th of 2022 is done. wow." Talk about perspective.
it was nice yesterday too so I took the afternoon to myself and sat outside in some much needed peace and quiet. My house still needs cleaned but to heck with it, I needed some mental rest and "me" time. I got to the dentist at 8 yesterday for my crown, left out $520 lighter. Went across the street to the gym, then grabbed a vitamin smoothie (couldn't chew yet) and headed home to vegetate. I processed a beef tenderloin into 9 really nice thick steaks and bagged up scrap pieces for stew later and rolled the trash can out, made dinner for us and that was it. Not sure what work holds in store today but hopefully it'll be an easy day.
make the most of it
Posted on: 2022/3/1 15:34

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: 1 MARCH 22
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

No 72* here but upper 40s. I'm ready for Corvette weather.

Letty we got my wife's dental bill yesterday and the portion for her crown was right around the same amount. But what can you do?

I'm supposed to talk a shop owner today about some work on the car. Hopefully that transpires.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2022/3/1 17:06

Ultraman Re: 1 MARCH 22
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14740 Posts

We have this place in town that processes beef.... all new facility put in and run by a large family feedlot up north of town. They have a USDA inspector on hand and a walk in meat counter. For after hours they have vending machines that you pick what you want and put in your card and bingo you got steaks.

If I have mentioned this before I'm older now and forget if I posted this already. they also serve breakfast and lunch in their small dining area... if you buy a steak there they will cook it for you for 5 bucks.... all the beef is aged 14 days and processed at their location. They have folks out for a tour and a steak feed and on occasion and I went on one and was amazed at the money they have spent. They also send beef all over the world. We are talking corn fed Nebraska beef raised in their own lots..... maybe the best steak I ever had and I have had a few.

how did I get on that? oh...I stopped and got 2 Sirloins yesterday and it was 15 bucks a pound.... holy moly... but I would rather pay more to them then Walmart and the quality will be so much better.... have a day of wonder Guru's...

Sunshine and warm temps on store here..... better get the Harley out ya...
Posted on: 2022/3/1 17:17

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: 1 MARCH 22
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

We have a store here called Farm to Fork, they sell beef, lamb and other things that are local, grass-fed. Ground is $6/lb but if you buy "organic, grass-fed" at the box stores you pay about the same. I picked up an armload of stuff the other day for $108, and that includes a "splurge" tomahawk steak that was $52. Couldn't help myself when I saw it. I can get one similar at walmart for $35-40 but where's that beef coming from and what's it been fed? One of my docs sent me to the F2F store and said stuff I'm getting at other places "you're eating a sick cow".

Matt - we just pay the dentist on the way out and act happy about it. Dental fees and insurance annoy me, particularly the insurance. You pay a lot, it pays very little and only one or two major things a year and the biggest things you'd need it don't cover at all. Crappy. I mean they know there's a cap on the costs and it's very limited. Whereas health insurance pays way better and what if you had to have heart surgery at $200 grand? It pays. And it's covered. with dental, coverage is very limited and it's just a scam all around I feel like. I pay $42 a month for my BCBS dental policy and I end up paying most of my bills. And that one crown is just a start - I need $13,000 worth of them
Now if I made less and was on a gubmt check like a gal I know, I'd get a whole mouth full of implants - she just did. She's a lazy pillhead/drunk that chooses not to work and sees a doc that gets you a check easy somehow. I feel us working people deserve it more.
Posted on: 2022/3/1 19:02

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: 1 MARCH 22
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12365 Posts

Hey folks, up early and out the door to eye exam. Not enough change to do anything, but the beginnings of a cataract in each eye....Doc says probably 4-6 years I'll need surgery for them.

It was a cool start, but warmed up quickly into the mid 70s. Supposed to be similar the next few days.

After the eye appointment, We headed over to install a few cabinets at the one jobsite and installed doors and drawer fronts on them as well. Came home and started in on the countertops, solid butcherblock hickory. More on that tomorrow.

Will go back on Saturday to install the last cabinets and hopefully, the countertop I'm working on now ... pictures to come in the near future.
Posted on: 2022/3/2 2:49

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.