Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
221 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60
The automatic from 1992-1993. The same as the 700R4, just has a different name.

Either way, they are junk. There are some minor differences on a ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

85-500-horse Another C4Guru Newbie
Guru Newb
Venice, Florida
38 Posts

Just wanted to say hi to everyone here. Some may recognize my name from the "other", less important Forum. You know, the one that removes your postings because you dare to ask the seller why he's charging so much for an item. Bogus told me about this site, so I'm glad to be aboard.
Posted on: 2007/11/9 22:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CSS996 RE:Another C4Guru Newbie
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Welcome to the site!

But I have to say, if you don't like the price, don't buy it. If nobody bites, the seller will get the idea.
Posted on: 2007/11/9 22:26

brut RE:Another C4Guru Newbie
Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

Welcome aboard! Ahhh...I know what you mean about that over there. They want to be politically correct in every aspect of biz over there. Don't want to push any buttons for crying out loud.
Posted on: 2007/11/10 0:08

NC Kid RE:Another C4Guru Newbie
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Quote:
Welcome aboard! Ahhh...I know what you mean about that over there. They want to be politically correct in every aspect of biz over there. Don't want to push any buttons for crying out loud.

Posted on: 2007/11/10 0:17

bogus RE:Another C4Guru Newbie
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

They have reached a point where the lowest common denomenator isn't low enough.

Welcome! It's great to see you here!!
Posted on: 2007/11/10 0:25

red_johnny RE:Another C4Guru Newbie
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Welcome!!
Posted on: 2007/11/10 1:17

Touringmike Re: Another C4Guru Newbie
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

Quote:
..... You know, the one that removes your postings because you dare to ask ........

[IMG]

Hey,

It's amazing how posts disappear without any notification or warning.
It's a good thing in my old age, some of my memory remains.
Stir the pot too much, and POOF!!!!! Gone.

Here's a short walk down CF memory lane.
I posted this in two separate, but related threads. Received some misguided nasty PMs because of it, and one of the threads , well, GONE.

Resized Image
Posted on: 2007/11/10 3:03

Alcee1 RE:Another C4Guru Newbie
Guru Emeritus
Los Angeles
277 Posts

Well hello there.
Posted on: 2007/11/10 3:10
Edlebrock Heads, 2030 cam, X-ram w/EGR, 1.6 R/R, Bored TB´s, AFPR, Pro-built Tranny, Vigilantly 2600, Transgo, Dana 44 3.54, Hardened Pushrods & Head Bolts, Custom performance chip, K&N, Double roller timing chain, Aluminum radiator & flex hose, MS

85-500-horse RE:Another C4Guru Newbie
Guru Newb
Venice, Florida
38 Posts

Quote:
Welcome to the site!

But I have to say, if you don't like the price, don't buy it. If nobody bites, the seller will get the idea.

You couldn't be more correct. All I did was write a polite response asking him why I should purchase the item from him when I can get it elsewhere for the same money. I thought that if I brought to the seller's attention that we were price shopping and by explaining to him that his asking price was the same as everywhere else, he may actually reduce it. My posting could have brought him business had he decided to lower his price, but the ingenious powers to be over there handled my blatant, egregious rule violation by simply deleting my post. I'm surprised I wasn't permanently banned for such a malicious posting.

Their new rules are simply incredulous and if they remain steadfast on their current course, they are surely doomed to fail. What was once a great site, is probably gone forever. I have no doubt that in time, "C4Guru" can and will match and surpass what was once the other site's popularity and greatness.
Posted on: 2007/11/10 5:55

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

85-500 - Thank you for the kind words.

I agree, the rules over at CF are getting out of control. And slowly, we are perking up over here.

I did the math... there have been 1.5+/- Vettes made in the last 55 years. CF, DC and CAC might have, combined, 150k unique members. I think there is room for another great Corvette themed site.

C4 Guru is, in my opinion, only the beginning... but it will always be mine. I have a perverted fondness for these POS's. I really do... I find them utterly facinating. They changed SO much over their run... no two years are identical - even tho 1992/93 are the closest. Constant improvment and tech advancements.

I mean... if you put aftermarket rims on a 97, you won't be able to tell it's a 97 or a 2004. Seriously. At least with the C4, you can ID the years pretty quickly.
Posted on: 2007/11/10 6:23

toptechx6 RE:Another C4Guru Newbie
Senior Guru
south Florida
362 Posts

Welcome! You will find quite a few familiar names here, with any luck we can make it what the other site should be!
Posted on: 2007/11/10 9:04

CasetheCorvetteman RE:Another C4Guru Newbie
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:
You couldn't be more correct. All I did was write a polite response asking him why I should purchase the item from him when I can get it elsewhere for the same money. I thought that if I brought to the seller's attention that we were price shopping and by explaining to him that his asking price was the same as everywhere else, he may actually reduce it. My posting could have brought him business had he decided to lower his price, but the ingenious powers to be over there handled my blatant, egregious rule violation by simply deleting my post. I'm surprised I wasn't permanently banned for such a malicious posting.

Their new rules are simply incredulous and if they remain steadfast on their current course, they are surely doomed to fail. What was once a great site, is probably gone forever. I have no doubt that in time, "C4Guru" can and will match and surpass what was once the other site's popularity and greatness.

All i can say to you mate is this, after almost 3 years on the Corvette Forum, i never once saw you make a comment id consider to be in any way unreasonable (and you probably saw me make hundreds of them!!) And further more, i reckon the question you state you asked the seller was perfectly fair, and as i always say in situations like this "F**kem if they cant take a joke"

Welcome to the forum mate

Quote:

I agree, the rules over at CF are getting out of control. And slowly, we are perking up over here.

I did the math... there have been 1.5+/- Vettes made in the last 55 years. CF, DC and CAC might have, combined, 150k unique members. I think there is room for another great Corvette themed site.

C4 Guru is, in my opinion, only the beginning... but it will always be mine. I have a perverted fondness for these POS's. I really do... I find them utterly facinating. They changed SO much over their run... no two years are identical - even tho 1992/93 are the closest. Constant improvment and tech advancements.

I mean... if you put aftermarket rims on a 97, you won't be able to tell it's a 97 or a 2004. Seriously. At least with the C4, you can ID the years pretty quickly.

Youre dead right Mr Bogus, on all counts.

Quote:
Welcome! You will find quite a few familiar names here, with any luck we can make it what the other site should be!

We will mate yes, i dont go to the other site these days unless i get really bored and have nothing to do. (Youll see first hand why ive been busy in a couple weeks, hopefully will be all done by the time you get here so you can see the finished product!!)
Posted on: 2007/11/10 13:15

toptechx6 RE:Another C4Guru Newbie
Senior Guru
south Florida
362 Posts

We will mate yes, i dont go to the other site these days unless i get really bored and have nothing to do. (Youll see first hand why ive been busy in a couple weeks, hopefully will be all done by the time you get here so you can see the finished product!!)[/quote]

Ahhh, that would explain it! I thought something was up, look forward to meeting you soon. I think I will have something cool to post on here once I return from OZ too.
Posted on: 2007/11/10 13:31

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

You will indeed mate, and suffice to say the Milwaukee V28 cordless hammer drill got a fair workout the other night, and ive got alot of plaster dust to clean up in here....

Im really looking forward to your visit mate, its amazing how quick its come up!! very much looking forward to meeting you and your wife. Its the one thing keeping me going at the moment, itll no doubt be the best week of the year for me (and no matter how hard i work, nothing can buy me a mate as good as youve been)
Posted on: 2007/11/10 14:10

85-500-horse RE:Another C4Guru Newbie
Guru Newb
Venice, Florida
38 Posts

[quote="CasetheCorvetteman"]Quote:

All i can say to you mate is this, after almost 3 years on the Corvette Forum, i never once saw you make a comment id consider to be in any way unreasonable (and you probably saw me make hundreds of them!!) And further more, i reckon the question you state you asked the seller was perfectly fair, and as i always say in situations like this "F**kem if they cant take a joke"

Thank you for noticing. I make every attempt to be cordial, give praise when it's due and lash out when necessary. There were a few members "over there" who needed a good ass whoopin'. And through my words, I was able to give it. I couldn't believe that in those instances, my posts weren't deleted. And in the case above regarding the cost of an item, it was. It's like the new moderators over there are on something. In any event, thanks for your words. It does mean a lot to me.

Quote:

No, thank you for the invite here.

Quote:

We will mate yes, i dont go to the other site these days unless i get really bored and have nothing to do. (Youll see first hand why ive been busy in a couple weeks, hopefully will be all done by the time you get here so you can see the finished product!!)

I have no doubt that in time, it will be one of the best, if not the best Corvette Forums on the web.
Posted on: 2007/11/11 21:31

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

No worries mate
Posted on: 2007/11/11 22:47

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

[quote="85-500-horse"]Quote:
Quote:

Thank you for noticing. I make every attempt to be cordial, give praise when it's due and lash out when necessary. There were a few members "over there" who needed a good ass whoopin'. And through my words, I was able to give it. I couldn't believe that in those instances, my posts weren't deleted. And in the case above regarding the cost of an item, it was. It's like the new moderators over there are on something. In any event, thanks for your words. It does mean a lot to me.

Quote:

No, thank you for the invite here.

Quote:

I have no doubt that in time, it will be one of the best, if not the best Corvette Forums on the web.

No... it's not new mods, it's a rather anal admin staff that have to enforce every rule as it if was the 10 Commandments.

I sure hope this forum grows... I just don't want it to be a slave to vendors and special interests. I don't want to have to kiss their ass to keep this running.
Posted on: 2007/11/12 3:41

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.