Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
231 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Sheet Molded Compound
Also known as SMC.

This is the stuff that all C4 Corvettes are made of.

It’s similar to fiberglass, but much more durable.

The only issu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 07.22.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, I had the night off last night. Wifey went to work from 3-11:30 and Grandma had the baby, so it was bachelor night. Sounds exciting, huh? Exotic parties, loose women, beer-a-flowin? Not really. I did some laundry, cleaned the living room, did the dishes, and went to bed early. I'm a wild & crazy guy, I know.

Resized Image

So what's everyone else up to? My weekend is already planned out and somehow it's doing stuff for everyone but myself. Funny how that works out sometimes. Oh well.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/7/22 11:26

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 07.22.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33787 Posts

No need for me to comment on Matts night of excitement. I think he said it all. ed Actually, I have a full days schedule of domestic duties ahead. Pass the whip. Never a dull day.
Posted on: 2009/7/22 12:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 07.22.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Wow, that is a gangbuster night you had there, Matt!

We got in 3 holes last night before the monsoons came. Figures, I was playing halfway decent for a change and was ahead in my match. Naturally we were as far away from the clubhouse as possible. The good news is that my new weatherstripping finally got a good workout, and I can say that there are no leaks.
Posted on: 2009/7/22 12:16

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 07.22.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12380 Posts

Sounds about as exciting as mine. We went out to the county fair and walked around and I spent some time looking at embroidery machines for the wife. Today wife is working all day and I will have the grandsons. Supposed to be warmer, mid 90's, but the humidity has come back to more normal levels (25-30). I have a couple things to be working on in the shop and I need to start gathering a few tools to take this weekend to KC.
Posted on: 2009/7/22 12:43

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

CSS996 Re: Wednesday Chat 07.22.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

I have a shoot today at 11am. Probably an edit waiting for me when I get back.

I finished editing all the family movies yesterday. Learned two things:

1) Despite having over 12,000 tracks in my iTunes library, my collection of 50's music was really lacking.

2) 50's songs were freaking SHORT! I had to buy almost two whole albums worth of stuff I'll never listen to again, to cover all the video.

I got an interesting license plate for the Lincoln. Not personalized. Three numbers, three letters. The three letters are UFU. So I guess I am inviting drivers behind me to service themselves?

Thanks again to everyone who helped me out with my tune-up questions yesterday. That will be a huge help when I go get the parts. Hats off, my brothers!

Enjoy your hump.... Day.
Posted on: 2009/7/22 13:30

Epimax Re: Wednesday Chat 07.22.09
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Howdy!

Busy day at work today..
Got a few jobs on the side after work today/tomorrow, so it'll be a couple of L O N G days! That's ok, extra $$ helps pay da bills!

Last night our little girl slept in her 'big girl' bed...
all night long...looks like it's the end of the crib...
Man, where did the time go? Two years, just like that...dayum...makes me sad, ya know?

Y'all have a good day now
Posted on: 2009/7/22 14:38

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Plenty of happiness and sadness watching kids grow up. Knowing that I have about two weeks left of my oldest daughter living at home is a real mind job.

Seems like maybe five years ago my eighteen year old was born. Crazy.
Posted on: 2009/7/22 14:42

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12380 Posts

They do grow up fast. Chris, you do get used to them not being around all the time. Epimax, I'm at that stage too...only it's my 2 year old granddaughter who has move to the "big girl bed". Time flies, and it's just about time for me to think about going back to school. Man, where did this summer go?
Posted on: 2009/7/22 15:43

Resized Image

Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
Plenty of happiness and sadness watching kids grow up. Knowing that I have about two weeks left of my oldest daughter living at home is a real mind job.

Seems like maybe five years ago my eighteen year old was born. Crazy.

Wow Chris...I can't even begin to imagine the mixed emotions.. Man, I'll be 61 when KLB hits 18...I just pray I'm still around...Don't want to miss a second, because they seem to turn into years really fast..

Quote:

teebee wrote:
They do grow up fast. Chris, you do get used to them not being around all the time. Epimax, I'm at that stage too...only it's my 2 year old granddaughter who has move to the "big girl bed". Time flies, and it's just about time for me to think about going back to school. Man, where did this summer go?

Tom,
I suspect I'd be a major pushover for a grandchild

David
Posted on: 2009/7/22 16:26

Sweet90 Re: Wednesday Chat 07.22.09
Elite Guru
Edmonton, Alberta
1143 Posts

Quote:

Epimax wrote:
Tom,
I suspect I'd be a major pushover for a grandchild

David

You don't have any idea. My four year old granddaughter
has me wrapped around her little finger, though I won't
admit to it

Jim
Posted on: 2009/7/22 21:04

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 07.22.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

My old boss said if he'd known how much fun grandkids were, he'd have had them first. He also went in to get a vasectomy at age 26 - the doctor said, "Are you sure? You might want to have more children." My boss replied, "I've got 5!" The doc said, "Come on in!"
Posted on: 2009/7/22 22:48

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

And then there's poor Tommy...

Had one move out and move back in for a bit. That has to be rough. Once they get all independent and shit, I'm sure they don't want to come back and play by the same rules they did as when they were kids. Ask me how I know...

Did that for a little bit right after my daughter was born. Did I mention that was like, eighteen years ago?
Posted on: 2009/7/22 22:56

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12380 Posts

Just as tough on the parents, Chris. You want to give them their space, but, I still worried. Like the wife and I say "When they are out of the house, it's out of site-out of mind, but when they are home you worry like crazy."
Posted on: 2009/7/23 0:32

Resized Image

Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
Did I mention that was like, eighteen years ago?

Ya know, if I had known what it would be like, I wouldn't have been against having kids. For as long as I remember, I never wanted any, not even for a second did I consider it...
My wife knew this going into the relationship, although she was never as adamant about it as I was...

Just think, if I had had them ughhhh...20-25 yrs ago, I'd prolly be a 'hip' dad with his loud music, guitars, and vette Or, maybe not...

Guess I'll be really 'hip' when I'm 61, with my loud music, guitars, and vette! Lord, that child is gonna be so embarassed
Posted on: 2009/7/23 11:16

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 07.22.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33787 Posts

My son is still at home with us. His job applications are now getting him interviews. He is still unemployed but starting a part time job Sunday at Staples. My wife wants him out on his own yesterday. Even with him on his own again he's starting from scratch financially. He really brought this on himself by resigning from his last job without having something lined up. His last job was a pressure pit so in a way I can understand him wanting out. He just pickeed a really wierd time to do it, in a slack economy. Kids.......... Sheesh ........

He jumped out of the pressure pit and put ol' Dad in. It isn't the first time either. He's lucky that I love him or else .....
Posted on: 2009/7/23 12:19

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.