Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
337 user(s) are online (264 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  NCM
The mission of the National Corvette Museum is to celebrate the Corvette's invention, and preserve the legendary automobile's past, present, and futu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 07.26.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, had a busy day yesterday. Neighbor came over in the morning to do some work. He started working on the gate and I started tinkering with his van. Called the dealer which was a waste, but the "problem" wouldn't be covered under warranty. From checking the internet, appears the code is from either a faulty DPFE sensor or a TB clogged with carbon. I looked for 45 minutes for that damn sensor, couldn't find it. Turns out in 2006 they integrated that sensor in with another piece, no kidding I couldn't find it. Posted up on the ford-forums and I've gotten pretty good advice over there so far. Buttoned the car back up for now and we finished working on the gate. Janusz (neighbor) does construction for a living, so for him it was a piece of cake, a little cut here, a little cut there, voila. I'll take a pic later. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. As he's leaving, he goes, "hey is it hard to change a door lock on my van"? I said "why"? He said it stopped working over the winter and he needs a new one. So I opened up the door panel (work van so 4 screws lol) and shot some graphite in the cylinder and wd-40 on the outside. It was corroded. Had it working in about 2 minutes. I said "see, easy". He goes "maybe for you". He's been without a functioning door lock for months. I'm impressed by him building my gate from scratch, a real talent, and he's impressed by me shooting some wd40 on a door lock. Funny.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/7/26 14:14

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 07.26.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Sounds like you have a great deal cookin' there, Matt!

Looks like a beautiful day here, think I'll pop the top and take a spin. I have an empty honey-do list for a change, which I probably just jinxed by typing this.
Posted on: 2009/7/26 14:55

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bastet44 Re: Sunday Chat 07.26.09
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
I'm impressed by him building my gate from scratch, a real talent, and he's impressed by me shooting some wd40 on a door lock. Funny.

I love it!

Good morning, Gurus!

Gabbycat woke me early this morning, but then she decided to snuggle and let me sleep in til 9a. She's such a nice cat.

Got a bunch of little things done yesterday, gonna try and get some work done today, maybe. I also plan to watch the F1 race, even though I already know who won. I hate it when I see the headlines beforehand.

Happy Sunday!
Posted on: 2009/7/26 17:27

bastet44 Re: Sunday Chat 07.26.09
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Sunday, July 26, 2009

ineluctable
\in-ih-LUCK-tuh-buhl\, adjective:

Impossible to avoid or evade; inevitable.
Posted on: 2009/7/26 18:16

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 07.26.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Lots of people were suprised when Obama got elected. Many thought he was ineluctable.
Posted on: 2009/7/26 22:56

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 07.26.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12369 Posts

I have had a busy day at my daughters house. Building walls, so the plumber could finish up, doing some electrical stuff, so when we moved the washer/dryer they would be functional. It's hot out in that room but coming down out of the attic it felt like it was air conditioned in comparison. The plumber did get everything done and we moved the washer/dryer over and hooked them up, worked like a charm. I have a couple more trips up in the attic tomorrow before I will be done. I then have to frame up a pocket door.
Posted on: 2009/7/27 2:19

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 07.26.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
I have had a busy day at my daughters house. Building walls, so the plumber could finish up, doing some electrical stuff, so when we moved the washer/dryer they would be functional. It's hot out in that room but coming down out of the attic it felt like it was air conditioned in comparison. The plumber did get everything done and we moved the washer/dryer over and hooked them up, worked like a charm. I have a couple more trips up in the attic tomorrow before I will be done. I then have to frame up a pocket door.

You pretty well summed up what retirement will be like.
Posted on: 2009/7/27 4:04

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.