Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
269 user(s) are online (233 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

VtVette "GM Performance" Optispark?
Guru
Las Vegas, NV
357 Posts

Anyone heard of this? I've been searching around for replacement Opti options for my '93 and found this on Summitracing.com:

GM Performance 10457702 - GM Performance Parts Replacement Optispark Distributors

Description states:

"Replace your Optispark with new GM Performance Parts quality.

When it's time to replace your LT1's Optispark distributor, don't settle for a remanufactured unit when you can buy a brand new one. GM Performance Parts offers new replacement Optispark distributors that are guaranteed to fit and perform better than new".

Price: $399.95

So, is this just a stock, factory GM Opti with "Performance" added to the name?

Is it worth the extra $75.00 for the MSD unit?
Posted on: 2009/10/24 21:45

1993 triple black roadster 6 speed
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: "GM Performance" Optispark?
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

VtVette wrote:
Anyone heard of this? I've been searching around for replacement Opti options for my '93 and found this on Summitracing.com:

GM Performance 10457702 - GM Performance Parts Replacement Optispark Distributors

Description states:

"Replace your Optispark with new GM Performance Parts quality.

When it's time to replace your LT1's Optispark distributor, don't settle for a remanufactured unit when you can buy a brand new one. GM Performance Parts offers new replacement Optispark distributors that are guaranteed to fit and perform better than new".

Price: $399.95

So, is this just a stock, factory GM Opti with "Performance" added to the name?

Is it worth the extra $75.00 for the MSD unit?

Oh hell, yes.
Your 93's not vented. There's a vent kit available but that's more $$$. The MSD is vented.
The GM part is like the origional, paper gasket, etc. The MSD has an o-ring seal.
The MSD is just a better part, I put one in my 92 10k miles ago, works fine.
Posted on: 2009/10/24 21:49

VtVette Re: "GM Performance" Optispark?
Guru
Las Vegas, NV
357 Posts

Excellent Bill thanks for the great advice! As well as being vented I understand that the MSD unit uses a real bearing, one piece aluminum housing (never heard of an Opti housing being an issue but, can't hurt being a sturdier unit) and as you mentioned O-ring construction.

I'm looking more for reliability/durability than any performance gain.

I have been reading with interest the various opti-elimination kit's available but, I would like to keep my car as stock appearing as possible (at least for now).

I noticed thepartsladi has OEM AC/Delco Opti's for $290- but, as you mentioned my '93 is not vented and I realize the OE unit will not be vented either.

I wonder the difference between thepartsladi's $290 unit and the Summit "GM PERFORMANCE" part which is $100 more?

Thanks again Bill,
Posted on: 2009/10/24 22:08

biggrizzly Re: "GM Performance" Optispark?
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

I also replaced my Opti with a MSD unit about 7,000 miles ago and so far... so good. I don't know if it gave any performance increase but I'm hopeful that it will last the remaining life of the car, or at least until I do something different with it.
Posted on: 2009/10/25 0:10

bogus Re: "GM Performance" Optispark?
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I went DynaSpark... check my thread called "ignitions..."
Posted on: 2009/10/25 1:17

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

VtVette wrote:
Excellent Bill thanks for the great advice! As well as being vented I understand that the MSD unit uses a real bearing, one piece aluminum housing (never heard of an Opti housing being an issue but, can't hurt being a sturdier unit) and as you mentioned O-ring construction.

I'm looking more for reliability/durability than any performance gain.

I have been reading with interest the various opti-elimination kit's available but, I would like to keep my car as stock appearing as possible (at least for now).

I noticed thepartsladi has OEM AC/Delco Opti's for $290- but, as you mentioned my '93 is not vented and I realize the OE unit will not be vented either.

I wonder the difference between thepartsladi's $290 unit and the Summit "GM PERFORMANCE" part which is $100 more?

Thanks again Bill,

Everything I've read about thepartslady has been good but I've no experience with them.

I' be willing to bet that GM Pref. and AC/Delco is the same part. But I wouldn't buy one especially after taking my Delco apart.

I figured that since I plan on keeping the 92, I'd put in the MSD and be done with it.

If you get the MDS, take it a part and put threadlocker on all the screws.
And put the vent line on the bottom of the unit before you install it on the motor, it's a pain to get the clamp on when it's already installed.

Jon (Spectator) has had problems with the MSD but he's runing it at redline on every shift. For the street, it's a good product.

This is what a Delco looks like at 60k miles after a waterpump leak. The freakin' balls from the bearing fell out when I set it on the workbench. Note that there are no balls left in the bearing race. And the ring is bent to hell.

Attach file:

jpg  IMGP0539.jpg (0.00 KB)

jpg  IMGP0540.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2009/10/25 15:29

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

My 110k opti wasn't THAT bad, but the bearing sounded like it was made of sand paper.

I was NOT going to put it back on.

I went with the DynaSpark because I didn't need the rotor or cap. In that configuration, the opti gets a smooth aluminum cap, which is sealed with some form of RTV.

The DynaSpark is much nicer looking - at least from the outside, I assume the inside is as impressive! The units chassis is machined from a single piece of aluminum. The driveshaft is machined and integrated into the drive spindle and no longer a separate shaft (potential invasion point resolved). The bearings are all NTN (IIRC) and are larger in diameter than the OEM unit. Finally, the system is fully vented.

The venting does another thing, too. Heat control. The electronics are prone to heat soak over time and the venting helps keep the internals cooler.
Posted on: 2009/10/25 17:06

Steve40th Re: "GM Performance" Optispark?
Elite Guru
1114 Posts

This is my close to 6500 rpm GMPP Opti. Not GMs fault, but operator error and install error. Learn the hard way.
[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/Steve40th/DSCF0006.jpg[/IMG]
Posted on: 2009/10/25 17:49

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

The that opti exploded at a seen 3250 RPM.

How does install error cause that? If the unit was attached to the engine properly, what more is expected of the consumer on a presumably sealed unit?
Posted on: 2009/10/25 18:05

Elite Guru
1114 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
The that opti exploded at a seen 3250 RPM.

How does install error cause that? If the unit was attached to the engine properly, what more is expected of the consumer on a presumably sealed unit?

Too make a long story short, the hub wasnt all the way in, and the reluctor ring ( I have a 96 cover, so that little thing needed to be in there) was rattleing around caused vibration, casuing opti to explode. I had just floored it and was on my way to redline then, poof, it got real quite.
Posted on: 2009/10/25 18:35

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

that's wild. I didn't think that the opti would fit properly like that.
Posted on: 2009/10/25 21:29

Elite Guru
1114 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
that's wild. I didn't think that the opti would fit properly like that.

There was debris at the end of the hub, and it was enough, albiet very little.
Posted on: 2009/10/25 21:50

SpectatorRacing Re: "GM Performance" Optispark?
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Jon (Spectator) has had problems with the MSD but he's runing it at redline on every shift. For the street, it's a good product.

I wouldn't necessarily say I had problems with the MSD, just that it didn't perform any better than the stock replacements. The rotor itself is not more robust, and that's where I had my failures.

If you're handy with car stuff, I'd save the money and simply do the fixes to a stock opti. Loc tite the screws inside, and remove the two heat stakes that hold the metal part of the rotor to the plastic. Replace them with plastic screws.

It also appears that my Opti-destruction summer could have been caused by an engine vibration. There's no way to tell for sure, but if the balancer had come loose it might explain the series of failures. Regardless, the Delteq fixed that issue so there's no way to check a stock Opti now that the motor's rebuilt.
Posted on: 2009/10/26 16:21

VetteMed Re: "GM Performance" Optispark?
Guru Newb
Alachua, FL
37 Posts

A word of caution about purchasing from the Partsladi... I purchased a ZR-1 dual fuel pump assembly from them, supposedly a new AC Delco part. The item was Made in China, and it died 2 months and 150 miles after installation. Because I did not have the original box, they would not do a damned thing for me. I don't know how many of you save boxes for parts that are installed and appear to be operational, but this put a real bad taste in my mouth, and I will not give them any more business. I have spoken to folks in the know about ACDelco/Gm Parts issues, including a GM parts counterperson with 20+ years of experience, and it's BS. THe Box is not required for warranty returns, the Partsladi guys are simply not interested in providing warranty service for parts they sell.

Consider yourselves warned...
Posted on: 2009/10/26 21:16

Aboatguy Re: "GM Performance" Optispark?
Senior Guru
My Avatar was redistributed!
498 Posts

Quote:

VetteMed wrote:
A word of caution about purchasing from the Partsladi... I purchased a ZR-1 dual fuel pump assembly from them, supposedly a new AC Delco part. The item was Made in China, and it died 2 months and 150 miles after installation. Because I did not have the original box, they would not do a damned thing for me. I don't know how many of you save boxes for parts that are installed and appear to be operational, but this put a real bad taste in my mouth, and I will not give them any more business. I have spoken to folks in the know about ACDelco/Gm Parts issues, including a GM parts counterperson with 20+ years of experience, and it's BS. THe Box is not required for warranty returns, the Partsladi guys are simply not interested in providing warranty service for parts they sell.

Thanks for the warning...
I've been buying parts from the Partsladi for a couple of years now (I have not recieved a box labeled hecho en China)

But if I did I would have the box since it would be getting returned.

All the parts I've recieved have been GM or one of their subsidiaries

Once again thanks for the warning; however, I'll continue to order from them
Mike
Posted on: 2009/10/27 2:28

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

VetteMed wrote:

I have heard this before... it's the #1 reason why I avoid her.
Posted on: 2009/10/27 3:29

Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Come on, guys, seriously? Every one of the MSD parts I've ordered in the past year had "Made in China" stamped on the part. If everybody's favorite brand is Chinese made what makes you think the cheaper alternative isn't?

However, I don't know anything about thepartsladi, so her customer service is a separate topic.
Posted on: 2009/10/27 14:39

BrianCunningham Re: "GM Performance" Optispark?
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:
Come on, guys, seriously? Every one of the MSD parts I've ordered in the past year had "Made in China" stamped on the part. If everybody's favorite brand is Chinese made what makes you think the cheaper alternative isn't?

However, I don't know anything about thepartsladi, so her customer service is a separate topic.

I'll have to check mine when I get home.

When I was out there, I saw them making their products in house, but that was over 10 years ago.
Posted on: 2009/10/27 14:42

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:

Yea, the last LT1 ICM I bought in a ACDelco store was an ACDelco stamped "Made in Singapore".
Posted on: 2009/10/27 15:03

Elite Guru
1721 Posts

I replaced my MSD ignition coil last spring. Stamped on the old one (maybe 3 years old?) was "Made in USA." Stamped on the new one was "Made in China." I took pictures of this and posted back on the CF at the time...I was a bit annoyed, especially since the new MSD was bad out of the box, which sent me on a wild goose chase for a problem that wasn't there.

I replaced it with a differnt brand "China" part from Autozone and the car ran great...
Posted on: 2009/10/27 15:05

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

The whole "Made in China" thing has been overblown for years and years.

It's all about greed both from manufacturers and the public.

"We want cheap $25 brake rotors, Wah, Wah Wah" so someone gets them made in China and sells them for $25. Then you hear "These Chinese rotors are cheap crap"

Granted, there's a lot of inferior products coming out of China but that's because of greed not because the Chinese can't build quality parts.

Hell, my company has had factories in China for over 20 years building electronics.
The difference is that my company demanded "US" quality and that's what we got. We didn't have any problems with the product coming out of China.
Posted on: 2009/10/27 15:14

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

I've dealt with Chinese manufacturers, the only way to keep quality up is to have someone over there.

Otherwise they do one batch that's good quality to get your bid, and then pass the next batch off to someone else.

Had this just happen on some custom fasteners.
Posted on: 2009/10/27 15:29

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
I've dealt with Chinese manufacturers, the only way to keep quality up is to have someone over there.

True.
The plants we had there were join ventures with our people there all the time.
Posted on: 2009/10/27 16:45

Elite Guru
1721 Posts

The internet has created this issue in the aftermarket. Poeple call the local shop, get a recommendation, then search online for a cheaper price. Local shop goes out of business.

There's no money in being a specialist anymore, nobody is willing to pay a penny more for experience and local help. They buy the cheapest, then they get on forums and bitch when it fails. I hope the $5 saved was worth it.

That's one of the reasons I was so irritated by the Banski threads the other day. Tom is trying to be there for us, in our own time zone, for a product with a piss-poor market and even less profit margin. And he gets crucified for it. I'd pay more for the ability to call him if I had an issue...

i can't single handedly save small businesses, but I can do my part.
Posted on: 2009/10/27 17:12

Senior Guru
498 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:
The internet has created this issue in the aftermarket. Poeple call the local shop, get a recommendation, then search online for a cheaper price. Local shop goes out of business.

There's no money in being a specialist anymore, nobody is willing to pay a penny more for experience and local help. They buy the cheapest, then they get on forums and bitch when it fails. I hope the $5 saved was worth it.

That's one of the reasons I was so irritated by the Banski threads the other day. Tom is trying to be there for us, in our time own zone, for a product with a piss-poor market and even less profit margin. And he gets crucified for it. I'd pay more for the ability to call him if I had an issue...

I agree with you...However, I go out of my way to support local/US businesses...

Last week I had to jam my impala back together (I pulled the heads IOT fix an exhaust leak and instead of going to Auto zone or the JEG/SUMMIT add your favorite internet company for the gaskets. However, I had the machinist the removed all the broken bolts provide the gaskets.....long story short...price wasn't bad and I ended up with all Victor Rienz made in USA gaskets...
I had to jam the car back together since I had an unscheduled trip (had to fly out on Sunday) and a probable unscheduled deployment...Otherwise I would have installed some aluminum heads and a cam(AI)

I'd keep the 160K factory opti no matter what...however, I have a spare opti (recent parts ladi opti) on the shelf in case the old one ever gives out and it is not from asia....I believe its hecho en mexico just like the GM wipers from my local chevy dealer. The parts ladi is actually not a Ladi but a GM dealer....

Oh I actually looked into LTCC and Delteq for my Vette back when I first started modding and two different tuners told me to stick with the GM OPTI.....
Mike
Posted on: 2009/10/29 23:16

CasetheCorvetteman Re: "GM Performance" Optispark?
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Mike i got told the same thing about staying with the optispark, as you know i didnt have an issue with mine either, and it went a shade over 170,000 miles before i put in the MSD i had sitting there for about 18 months. I opened up the factory original optispark and it was prettymuch perfectly fine. The car ran no different with the MSD.

I think the vast majority of the parts i bought for my Corvettes over the 11 years i had them were either made in Mexico, or made in China. I ended up buying some new O2 sensors here in Australia cause no one in America could get the genuine US made ones anymore. My MSD distributor was made in the USA so it said on the box, MSD Blaster coil was made in China, it replaced a Chinese made AC Delco that was still working fine and went in the spares box.

I didnt think you could buy an AC Delco part still made in the USA....
Posted on: 2009/11/6 12:47

Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Welcome back, Casey. If you are back, that is
Posted on: 2009/11/6 13:25

Senior Guru
498 Posts

Casey ,I didn't get US part it was hecho en Mexico
Posted on: 2009/11/7 0:51

Matatk Re: "GM Performance" Optispark?
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

Not entirely true. Being a specialist and being reasonable is one thing. Try to go to the "corvette" shops around here and you'll pay 3 times as much for service and 2 times as much for parts, just because they work on corvettes. That's bs. If I find a good, reasonable shop I'll support it. Other than that if you gouge prices you deserve to go out of business.

Last GM relay I bought last week was from the GM dealer and said "Made in China - Mainland".

Matthew

PS - welcome back, Casey!
Posted on: 2009/11/7 2:39

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:
Welcome back, Casey. If you are back, that is

Thanks mate Im not back really, this is just a recording. Just here to say gday while i still can do so.
Quote:

Aboatguy wrote:
Casey ,I didn't get US part it was hecho en Mexico

Me either in terms of AC Delco
Quote:

Matak Wrote
PS - welcome back, Casey!

Cheers mate, but im only here to say gday, i wont be here long. May not have the internet much longer.
Posted on: 2009/11/7 10:38

Guru
Las Vegas, NV
357 Posts

Hi Case it's great to hear from you, even if just in passing!!!
Posted on: 2009/11/7 18:53

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

"We want cheap $25 brake rotors, Wah, Wah Wah" so someone gets them made in China and sells them for $25. Then you hear "These Chinese rotors are cheap crap"

Granted, there's a lot of inferior products coming out of China but that's because of greed not because the Chinese can't build quality parts.

Hell, my company has had factories in China for over 20 years building electronics.
The difference is that my company demanded "US" quality and that's what we got. We didn't have any problems with the product coming out of China.

you are reading my mind. That has been my contention for years. The Chinese are not entirely the fault; the problem is the foreign companies that don't want to spend jack on the product. China has let this happen; and it has about ruined their reputation. It will take years to recover from this.
Posted on: 2009/11/7 19:36

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:

That's one of the reasons I was so irritated by the Banski threads the other day. Tom is trying to be there for us, in our own time zone, for a product with a piss-poor market and even less profit margin. And he gets crucified for it. I'd pay more for the ability to call him if I had an issue...

Several years back, a co-worker needed a new car. He went to the local Honda dealer and they were a one-price only place. My research told me their one price was actually pretty damned good.

I told him as much, but he had to negociate. He spends a month dicking between the local dealer and two others 40 miles away... drives... phone calls... all to save - get this - $200.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate people at times...
Posted on: 2009/11/7 19:39

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

Aboatguy wrote:

I agree with you...However, I go out of my way to support local/US businesses...

Last week I had to jam my impala back together (I pulled the heads IOT fix an exhaust leak and instead of going to Auto zone or the JEG/SUMMIT add your favorite internet company for the gaskets. However, I had the machinist the removed all the broken bolts provide the gaskets.....long story short...price wasn't bad and I ended up with all Victor Rienz made in USA gaskets...
I had to jam the car back together since I had an unscheduled trip (had to fly out on Sunday) and a probable unscheduled deployment...Otherwise I would have installed some aluminum heads and a cam(AI)

I'd keep the 160K factory opti no matter what...however, I have a spare opti (recent parts ladi opti) on the shelf in case the old one ever gives out and it is not from asia....I believe its hecho en mexico just like the GM wipers from my local chevy dealer. The parts ladi is actually not a Ladi but a GM dealer....

Oh I actually looked into LTCC and Delteq for my Vette back when I first started modding and two different tuners told me to stick with the GM OPTI.....
Mike

I support locals, too. No question.

When I bought my digital camera last year, I could have saved $50 on it by buying from 42nd street photo in NYC, but went to a local place... I can get easy service if required.

However, I would like to know the tuners reason for avoiding the LTCC? Is it based on fact or a lack of understanding? I have LTCC and have had it for 6 years... no issues.
Posted on: 2009/11/7 19:42

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
Mike i got told the same thing about staying with the optispark, as you know i didnt have an issue with mine either, and it went a shade over 170,000 miles before i put in the MSD i had sitting there for about 18 months. I opened up the factory original optispark and it was prettymuch perfectly fine. The car ran no different with the MSD.

I think the vast majority of the parts i bought for my Corvettes over the 11 years i had them were either made in Mexico, or made in China. I ended up buying some new O2 sensors here in Australia cause no one in America could get the genuine US made ones anymore. My MSD distributor was made in the USA so it said on the box, MSD Blaster coil was made in China, it replaced a Chinese made AC Delco that was still working fine and went in the spares box.

I didnt think you could buy an AC Delco part still made in the USA....

I was buying Bosch O2s, made in Mexico... I replaced them with Denso, made in Japan. The Bosch lasted 2 months... the Densos are still in there. Over a year later.

Mexico has had problems growing into the factory for the Americas... VW learned it first... the Mexican folks are nice, but not super motivated or well educated. It was an up hill battle for VW. One I don't think they have fully crested.

One of the big Taiwanese memory makers tried to build a memory factory in Mexico... they gave up after a years worth of attempts to make a good run that didn't parity error!

I have worked with a lot of Mexican nations here. As far has hard work, they will do it. Just keep it simple for the common man.
Posted on: 2009/11/7 19:47

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

you are reading my mind. That has been my contention for years. The Chinese are not entirely the fault; the problem is the foreign companies that don't want to spend jack on the product. China has let this happen; and it has about ruined their reputation. It will take years to recover from this.

I've been around long enough to remember "Jap Crap". That didn't last all that long, relitively. The Chinese chit won't last that long either.
Then people will be bitchin' about how crappy the $25 rotors are that they got from Africa,etc.
Posted on: 2009/11/7 20:47

Guru
Las Vegas, NV
357 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

I've been around long enough to remember "Jap Crap". That didn't last all that long, relitively. The Chinese chit won't last that long either.
Then people will be bitchin' about how crappy the $25 rotors are that they got from Africa,etc.

In regards to the "Jap Crap" image being turned around much of the thanks goes to one man - an America: William Edwards Deming.

With the Chinese economy improving (in some areas) now the Chinese are farming work out to the Vietnamese due to cheaper labor costs!
Posted on: 2009/11/7 21:08

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:

VtVette wrote:
Hi Case it's great to hear from you, even if just in passing!!!

Cheers mate!! Its been a while since i talked to you all
Posted on: 2009/11/8 2:04

Senior Guru
498 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
Quote:

Aboatguy wrote:

Mike

However, I would like to know the tuners reason for avoiding the LTCC? Is it based on fact or a lack of understanding? I have LTCC and have had it for 6 years... no issues.
To summarise the responses Neither bad mouthed either product . I asked if installing an aftermarket ignition would help (I specifically mentioned the LTCC and Deltec multiple coil systems) and they reqemended I save my money for parts that provide an improvement over stock...

Kicker is they both are well known tuners (I bought tunes from both) and they knew I'd be spinning the engine pretty high....and in hindsight they were right my stock OPTI has handled lots of high rpm excursions and a occasional hits on the limiter (set at 7005 rpm)

I'll admit I've broken parts....some where very expensive however, I have not experienced an opti failure yet.
Mike
Posted on: 2009/11/21 15:32

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Interesting...

my take would be a little different. I don't expect performance improvements. I expect improvements in durability and reliability.
Posted on: 2009/11/21 18:54

Senior Guru
498 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
Interesting...

my take would be a little different. I don't expect performance improvements. I expect improvements in durability and reliability.

Let us know when it hits 160,000 miles when it will be tied with the current mileage on the opti on my Impala and I'll post the then current mileage on the OPTI in the Impala.

Cheers

Resized Image
Posted on: 2009/11/21 20:41

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

The LTCC has been in there since oct 2003. It has 60k on it or so.

The old Opti had 110k on it and was toast. The bearings were shit.

The high voltage died in 2003 after a flooding due to a heavy rain, so the LTCC extended the life of that opti another 6 years.
Posted on: 2009/11/21 22:59

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:

Aboatguy wrote:

Let us know when it hits 160,000 miles when it will be tied with the current mileage on the opti on my Impala and I'll post the then current mileage on the OPTI in the Impala.

Cheers

Resized Image

Cheers to you to my friend [IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/emoticons/cheers2.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Coopers.jpg[/IMG]

P.S mate i did have a stout somewhere here for ya....
Posted on: 2009/11/23 8:57

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Here it is, knew i had one here ;)

[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/coopers-1.jpg[/IMG]
Posted on: 2009/11/23 8:59

Senior Guru
498 Posts

Quote:

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
Here it is, knew i had one here ;)

[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/coopers-1.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks Mate here's one for you.

[IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a342/aboatguy/johnny_walker_king_george_v_edition.jpg[/IMG]
Posted on: 2009/11/23 17:12

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

Quote:

Aboatguy wrote:

Resized Image

That could be painful
Posted on: 2009/11/23 18:03

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:

Aboatguy wrote:

Thanks Mate here's one for you.

[IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a342/aboatguy/johnny_walker_king_george_v_edition.jpg[/IMG]

Bloody marvelous mate, thankyou!!
Posted on: 2009/11/24 11:47

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.