Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
291 user(s) are online (231 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  MAP
Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor. A sensor used to meter air flow into the intake indirectly by measuring plenum pressure. This sensor is not as pre...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 12.08.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, we had a little more snow overnight and we're supposed to get a few inches this afternoon. Some parts of IL are 6-12 inches, but we're safe (and I'm glad!). I have to leave a little earlier today, my drive to work gets to be a real PIA when it snows, as I was reminded of yesterday.

On a positive note, I got to play with the vette yesterday to drown my sorrows. Got a new-to-me (used) head unit and I wanted to swap it out. Upgraded from a base type pioneer to a high end unit pioneer. Very nice model and the sound is better, too. I still have to replace my front speakers, but I have been putting it off since I want to save my budget for the engine build. I'll get to it eventually. It was nice to play with the car for a while since I'm having winter withdrawals.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/12/8 12:23

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 12.08.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

We, too, have had snow...enough so that they have canceled school for today. I can now go out and work on some of that trim I need to do for that job I am working on. We have the oldest grandson here as he stayed with us after getting home from his b-ball game last night. He had a double double...19 points and 14 rebounds in the game and they won 44-37.
Posted on: 2009/12/8 13:10

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 12.08.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Excellent game for your grandson, teebee!!

Snow coming here today, too - supposed to be about an inch today, with lots more tomorrow and high winds. Gee, I can't wait :-P
Posted on: 2009/12/8 14:07

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 12.08.09
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

The snow you guys ar going to get just came thru here. I got 20 inches in the driveway, ain't normal. We got 36 inches up on the mountain in one day which is pretty normal.
Another big one coming on Thursday.
At least the snow we get is powder.

I did my driveway with my usual effort, ran back & forth with the P/U to make 2 nice 2 foot wide ruts. It's amasing that a one wheel drive pickup can go thru 20 inches.
And I've been too lazy to put in my SureTrax water bladder in the P/U bed to add weight on the rear wheels.

I still refuse to pick up a shovel though.
Posted on: 2009/12/8 14:49

DreamRide Re: Tuesday Chat 12.08.09
Senior Guru
Springfield, TN
226 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
The snow you guys ar going to get just came thru here. I got 20 inches in the driveway, ain't normal. We got 36 inches up on the mountain in one day which is pretty normal.
Another big one coming on Thursday.
At least the snow we get is powder.

Damn global warming.

We're not getting snow so far, but buckets of rain. Sure cuts down on the fishing.
Posted on: 2009/12/8 15:40

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 12.08.09
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Big snow in Nebraska! I have a blade on my Honda 4 trax and I have pushed snow 3 times today to keep up. We have a fire in the fireplace and had soup and grilled cheese for supper which went down well. The C4 is tucked away in the garage waiting for me to tackle the new sound system I hope to get for Christmas. Stay warm! M
Posted on: 2009/12/9 3:46

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 12.08.09
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

Bill - 20 InCHES OF SNOW IN YOUR DRIVEWAY?????

How the heck you get out the front door? And here I whine about three inches of snow here! I still hate the crap.. and one of yous jinxed me and we're getting it Friday.

Might as well - been a strange day. I mentioned to my publisher being a smart-aeleck about they'd probably issue Christmas bonuses and a holiday party after my group is already gone. My last day is 12/16 and wouldn't you know - an invitation on my desk this morning for a party the very next day! I was told it was not a mistake that all of us actually are invited and our dinners will be paid for. Reckon I should go and sucker them out of one more free meal? (sarcasm)
Then the publisher from Mississippi sent me two more jobs today that are not supposed to be coming to me for the last two months. wonder what he'll do when I'm gone? (without...)
And, if that's not the icing on the cake - they can't keep me and pay my meager salary but they hired me for an 80-page book today on a freelance basis - three times what they pay me at the office. Now, what kind of sense does that make?
And, now, instead of my 12-week severance in bi-weekly direct deposits, (which would keep me in line finance wise) I will now get a lump sum Dec. 24th.
Well, at least I won't have to take down that 12-foot tree, all those lights and that 100-foot hallway full of garland I had to put up hehe....
Posted on: 2009/12/9 3:51

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 12.08.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

I got some work done today. Would be nice to get another day tomorrow, but that would be asking too much.
Posted on: 2009/12/9 4:15

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 12.08.09
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Bill - 20 InCHES OF SNOW IN YOUR DRIVEWAY?????

How the heck you get out the front door? And here I whine about three inches of snow here! I still hate the crap.. and one of yous jinxed me and we're getting it Friday.

Yea, people who ski here would call this a minor irritation.
Usually here, we get 6 in. and it goes away in one day but up on the mountain thay can get 650 inches in a year. That's a bunch.

Maybe you should freelance full time.
Posted on: 2009/12/9 14:45

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 12.08.09
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

650 inches of snow??? In one spot????
DAAANNNNGGGGG! Man a snowball I could make of that and I know just who to throw it at hehe

On the freelancing - I will do as much as I can, but want to go back to school, but one of the top editors today who knows of my previous experience told me if he had an editor's spot open I'd be in it pronto. That made me feel good. he said he has no idea what he's gonna do when he needs covers for things and stuff. The dude he has now sucks he says.. I told im. 'find a reason to can him and call me or do without or pay me at home... your option" and I smiled really big
he told me that he can always make room on his pages for 'extra feature writing..." ok, depends on what he pays for it
Posted on: 2009/12/10 6:31

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.