Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
265 user(s) are online (225 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Dana 36
This references the rear differential.

The Dana 36 was the smaller unit. It was used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes thru 1996...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 12.21.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, it's Monday. But my Friday To celebrate, my buddy and I are going to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch (ok, not really a celebration, just an excuse). Got a few household chores to take care of later, but nothing too extreme.

Baby slept until 6:30 this morning then fell back asleep without a bottle, so that was good. Hopefully she'll get back into her pattern of sleep.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/12/21 12:38

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 12.21.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

That's good news, Matt - hard to feel like you've gotten any sleep yourself when the baby isn't staying put.

Just another day at the grindstone here, trying to erase the memory of the Vikings' putrid performance last night.

Have a good one!
Posted on: 2009/12/21 14:02

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 12.21.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Just woke up. After 26 hours of traveling then catching 5 hours of sleep, I'm afraid coffee is just not going to be enough. I see a nap in my future....... maybe two .... When I get my wits about me I'm sure I'll have a few things to add.
Posted on: 2009/12/21 14:27

teebee Re: Monday Chat 12.21.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

I'm not doing much yet today. I have to go to the Dr. office and have a test for pulmonary function, they are thinking that I may have asthma. With all the wood dust, spray residue and environmental dust that I am subjected to, it's not all that surprising.

I have a couple small jobs to do in the next couple of days. Tomorrow, I am helping my wife as she is in charge of our counties' "food pantry' and we are handing out Christmas baskets for the needy. That is always a wonderful experience.

The weather has been fantastic here the last 4 days (including today), but changes are on the horizon, they are predicting a winter storm watch Wednesday afternoon and into Thursday. Is going to make travel a bit rough. Hopefully Christmas morning the roads will be clear enough for us to make the trek to the in-laws without issue.
Posted on: 2009/12/21 14:54

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Monday Chat 12.21.09
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

Glad the baby's giving you a rest, Matt.
Teebee - that Pulmonary Test is a whole load of fun... That booth thingie creeped me out and all they told me I had was 'minor restrictive airway disease'. WTF is that? Didn't give me anything for it except an inhaler that I've really not had to use.
Anywho - it's nice to stay up late as I want and sleep till noon, have things to do though but no motivation. Had some issues with the ex the other night, looks like it's gonna be a Merry Effin Christmas this year...
Posted on: 2009/12/21 19:17

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Vetron87 Re: Monday Chat 12.21.09
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
I'm not doing much yet today. I have to go to the Dr. office and have a test for pulmonary function, they are thinking that I may have asthma. With all the wood dust, spray residue and environmental dust that I am subjected to, it's not all that surprising.

I have a couple small jobs to do in the next couple of days. Tomorrow, I am helping my wife as she is in charge of our counties' "food pantry' and we are handing out Christmas baskets for the needy. That is always a wonderful experience.

The weather has been fantastic here the last 4 days (including today), but changes are on the horizon, they are predicting a winter storm watch Wednesday afternoon and into Thursday. Is going to make travel a bit rough. Hopefully Christmas morning the roads will be clear enough for us to make the trek to the in-laws without issue.

Tom: I had a Dr.Appt. two weeks ago complete with chest x-rays. After years of wood dust, auto shop and welding fumes I've developed a asthma like reaction to environmental dust. Lungs are fine, I never smoked but my immune system is rebeling against the dust. Retirement is 5 months away. Have a great Christmas break! Ron
Posted on: 2009/12/21 23:01

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Ron, pretty sure mine is the same. They called about two hours after the test and said that I needed 2 different inhalers, one is a long lasting, one puff every 12 hours and the other is for if I need something quick to relieve shortness of breath.

My immune system, is pretty much in the dumpster too. In the last 5 years I've developed psoriasis, and it manifests itself on the palms of my hands. It makes working with wood, tools or anything tough at times.

98 days for me Ron, but who's counting? ........ME. I've got one kid whose job it is each day to subtract one from the number on the board. When we go back January 4 it'll read 98.
Posted on: 2009/12/21 23:16

Resized Image

Vetron87 Re: Monday Chat 12.21.09
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Tom: The State of Indiana is cutting the education budget by 300 million$ it looks like all vocational welding and auto will go and my wood shop will probably be history anyway. My wife has been retired from teaching for 3 years and its travel time in the Vette. Thinking Rt66 road trip. BTW my Dr. has given me a pill to help with my breathing. Had a skin condition in Oct. its was bacterial in natural caused by oak bacteria getting into small cuts on my hands.
Posted on: 2009/12/21 23:25

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

I think $300 million sounds about what Kansas is cutting. That relates to about $350,000 cut to our small district. I actually talked to our Supt about double dipping, I actually told them that I would consider teaching 4 hours in the morning. Not sure he was too receptive, but if he's not, it's no skin off my nose. My wife has at least 3 years before she can retire. But we get our health insurance through her work, so she will probably continue working for a while anyway. By teaching in the mornings I would have the same schedule as her and then we could make long weekends all the time.
Posted on: 2009/12/22 0:03

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 12.21.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Get your kicks on Route 66.
Posted on: 2009/12/22 1:52

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.