Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
235 user(s) are online (194 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 02.08.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, it's back to work
I'm sure more than a few people are taking the day off today. Apparently there was some big party or tv show on last night. I'm not quite sure.

And congratulations to you guys who were rooting for the Saints, apparently they had a pretty good game? I didn't watch it so I can't comment, but the buzz is on the front page of all the internet sites.

I have to run to HD tonight (again) to get the last of the base shoe and then I can throw that in and caulk everything. Then put this saga to a rest. I'm ready.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/2/8 12:34

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 02.08.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33763 Posts

Went down to the Keys to watch the Big Game. Ended up fishing for 4 hours in the afternoon before game time. Had a few pools going. I took home a grand total of zero. The people I know, the ones that invited us down, took home 2000,1250,1000,and 250 widgets.(4 couples). I'm happy for them. We had a big pot luck dinner with 3 TV's for the game. We had a good time. Today ....... My wife and I go see our doctors. My wife will be heading for more surgery and I'm going for the semi-annual smackdown about smoking from my heart doctor. Hope you have a productive day.
Posted on: 2010/2/8 13:09
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Epimax Re: Monday Chat 02.08.10
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Good Morning!

What a game! What a game!!

Attach file:

jpg  sbc.jpg (157.89 KB)
1871_4b70100336276.jpg 500X500 px
Posted on: 2010/2/8 13:22

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 02.08.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Congrats to your Saints, David! My wife had crappy numbers on her board, so she took home $0, also. The game was certainly a tale of two halves. The Saints took some chances and they paid off, and played great defense.

I'll bet you're looking forward to moving on to the next item on your honey-do list, Matt ;-)

Had a lovely 1-hour commute (normally 20 minutes) today - the snow is coming down sideways. Supposed to be a total of 10-12 inches over the next 2 days - not as bad as out east, but I hate it anyway. I am soooooooooooooooooooo sick of winter. Less than 2 weeks until beach time, though, so I'll just grit my teeth.
Posted on: 2010/2/8 14:05

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Monday Chat 02.08.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

Well, I guess the Saints won. I worked a while yesterday and then watched HGTV. Sorry guys I just can't get into the Pro-Football thing.

The weather system just glanced off us last night and this morning. We are hosting a regional 'Scholars Bowl' today here at the high school, so we have a short day...students excused at noon. I'm not helping so I have all afternoon to fill. I brought some of my detailing stuff, so I'm going to clean up my pickup some.

Hope you all have a great day.
Posted on: 2010/2/8 14:33

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

BillH Re: Monday Chat 02.08.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Well, I guess the Saints won. I worked a while yesterday and then watched HGTV. Sorry guys I just can't get into the Pro-Football thing.

I watch a lot of football but, never care who wins.
I thought the game was really boring and the commercials even worse. I turned it off with 3 min to go.

The Who had a nice lightshow though.
Posted on: 2010/2/8 15:06

CSS996 Re: Monday Chat 02.08.10
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

I was just approached today to shoot a free PSA for a teen "Street Survival" driving course.

Looks like a very cool opportunity for new drivers to be safer and more confidant behind the wheel. Lord knows there's plenty of mouth-breathers on the roads these days.

Street Survival

I should be able to at least get some free track time at PPIR outta the deal. I'm going to see if they do any performance driving schools.

Could be fun...
Posted on: 2010/2/8 19:44

BillH Re: Monday Chat 02.08.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
I was just approached today to shoot a free PSA for a teen "Street Survival" driving course.

Looks like a very cool opportunity for new drivers to be safer and more confidant behind the wheel. Lord knows there's plenty of mouth-breathers on the roads these days.

Street Survival

I should be able to at least get some free track time at PPIR outta the deal. I'm going to see if they do any performance driving schools.

Could be fun...

Chris, This is the school I teach in. It's very, very good.
It does take about half the day for the teenagers to get motivated though.
One of the best things about it is the cost ($60 here in Reno) so, it's not much of a burden on the parents. The $60 also gets them a year's membership in SCCA.

If they let the parents take a ride with their kids on the final run of the day, they usually have some interesting comments like "I can't do that".
Posted on: 2010/2/8 22:04

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.