Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
266 user(s) are online (220 user(s) are browsing Forums)

teebee, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Courtesy Timer
With the doors closed and the key off - the windows should still go up/down and the radio plays (1990-1996)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone You've gotta be kidding me ...... Part IV .... Possibly (NWS)
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

In case you need further proof that the human race is doomed because of stupidity, here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods.

On a Sears hairdryer: Do not use while sleeping. (darn, and that's the only time I have to work on my hair).

On a bag of Fritos: You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside. (the shoplifter special?)

On a bar of Dial soap: "Directions: Use like regular soap." (and that would be how???...) On some Swanson frozen dinners: "Serving suggestion: Defrost." (but, it's "just" a suggestion).

On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom): "Do not turn upside down." (well...duh, a bit late, huh)! On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding: "Product will be hot after heating." (...and you thought????..)

On packaging for a Rowenta iron: "Do not iron clothes on body." (but wouldn't this save me more time?)

On Boot's Children Cough Medicine:"Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication." (We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5-year-olds with head-colds off those forklifts.)

On Nytol Sleep Aid: "Warning: May cause drowsiness." (and...I'm taking this because???.....)

On a Japanese food processor: "Not to be used for the other use." (now, somebody out there, help me on this. I'm a bit curious.) On Sunsbury's peanuts: "Warning: contains nuts." (talk about a news flash!)

On an American Airlines packet of nuts: "Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts." (Step 3: maybe, uh...fly Delta?)

On a child's superman costume: "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly."

On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals." (..was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)
Posted on: 2010/2/20 17:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: You've gotta be kidding me ...... Part IV
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

How do you keep a moron in suspense?

I'll tell you tomorrow!
Posted on: 2010/2/20 17:22

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Attach file:

jpg  stupid_kids.jpg (232.72 KB)
852_4b801b60d50f6.jpg 346X576 px
Posted on: 2010/2/20 17:27

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2010/2/20 17:36

BillH Re: You've gotta be kidding me ...... Part IV .... Possibly (NWS)
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
In case you need further proof that the human race is doomed because of stupidity,they still heve their lawyers to protect them thru class action lawsuits and mandates to provide consumer awareness labels on all packaging.

Now, if we could just teach them to read.......
Posted on: 2010/2/20 19:29

bogus Re: You've gotta be kidding me ...... Part IV .... Possibly (NWS)
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

My personal favourites (and real occurances!!!):

I bought some Christmas lights... I swear, the box read "For indoor or outdoor use only." If you can tell me what other options there are, I would REALLY like to know.

Or the coupon we found a few weeks back for a new local restaurant... the coupon was good for "eat in and take out only." Again, what is the third option?

These are real things that we have seen, not something I read on the web with vague references to first person. I can probably find the boxes/coupons in question if pressed.
Posted on: 2010/2/20 22:12

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Matatk Re: You've gotta be kidding me ...... Part IV .... Possibly (NWS)
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:

These are real things that we have seen, not something I read on the web with vague references to first person. I can probably find the boxes/coupons in question if pressed.

Haven't you seen the new warning label I put at the bottom of the homepage:

Corvette-Guru: for indoor and outdoor use only.
Posted on: 2010/2/20 23:07

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

On a Sears hairdryer: Do not use while sleeping. (darn, and that's the only time I have to work on my hair).

I want to see the people who tried this and forced Sears to put that on the label.

Attach file:

jpg  cebina.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/2/20 23:50

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

1. On a blanket from Taiwan -
NOT TO BE USED AS PROTECTION FROM A TORNADO.

2. On a helmet mounted mirror used by US cyclists -
REMEMBER, OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE ACTUALLY BEHIND YOU.

3. On a Taiwanese shampoo -
USE REPEATEDLY FOR SEVERE DAMAGE.

4. On the bottle-top of a (UK) flavoured milk drink -
AFTER OPENING, KEEP UPRIGHT.

5. On a New Zealand insect spray -
THIS PRODUCT NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS.

6. In a US guide to setting up a new computer -
TO AVOID CONDENSATION FORMING, ALLOW THE BOXES TO WARM UP TO
ROOM TEMPERATURE
BEFORE OPENING.
(Sensible, but the instruction was INSIDE the box.)

7. On a Japanese product used to relieve painful hemorrhoids -
LIE DOWN ON BED AND INSERT POSCOOL SLOWLY UP TO THE PROJECTED
PORTION LIKE
A SWORD-GUARD INTO ANAL DUCT. WHILE INSERTING POSCOOL FOR
APPROXIMATELY 5
MINUTES, KEEP QUIET.
Posted on: 2010/2/20 23:54

TommyT-Bone Re: You've gotta be kidding me ...... Part IV .... Possibly (NWS)
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Tool Talk

DRILL PRESS:
A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, denting the freshly-painted project which you had carefully set in the corner where nothing could get to it.

WIRE WHEEL:
Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprints and hard-earned calluses from fingers in about the time it takes you to say, "Oh, ****!"

SKILL SAW:
A portable cutting tool used to make studs too short.

PLIERS:
Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters.

BELT SANDER:
An electric sanding tool commonly used to convert minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs.

HACKSAW:
One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle... It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

VISE-GRIPS:
Generally used after pliers to completely round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

OXYACETYLENE TORCH:
Used almost entirely for lighting various flammable objects in your shop on fire. Also handy for igniting the grease inside the wheel hub out of which you want to remove a bearing race..

TABLE SAW:
A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch wood projectiles for testing wall integrity.

HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK:
Used for lowering an automobile to the ground after you have installed your new brake shoes, trapping the jack handle firmly under the bumper.

BAND SAW:
A large stationary power saw primarily used by most shops to cut good aluminum sheet into smaller pieces that more easily fit into the trash can after you cut on the inside of the line instead of the outside edge.

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST:
A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER:
Normally used to stab the vacuum seals under lids or for opening old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and splashing oil on your shirt; but can also be used, as the name implies, to strip out Phillips screw heads.

STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER:
A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common slotted screws into non-removable screws and butchering your palms.

PRY BAR:
A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50 cent part.

HOSE CUTTER:
A tool used to make hoses too short.

HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the object we are trying to hit.

UTILITY KNIFE:
Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons delivered to your front door; works particularly well on contents such as seats, vinyl records, liquids in plastic bottles, collector magazines, refund checks, and rubber or plastic parts. Especially useful for slicing work clothes, but only while in use.

Son of a b*tch TOOL:
Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling "Son of a bitch" at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need.
Posted on: 2010/2/23 4:03

vetteblondie Re: You've gotta be kidding me ...... Part IV .... Possibly (NWS)
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

I have lots of those last ones....they always end up causing me to buy new ones to fix what I tore up throwing the other ones.
Posted on: 2010/2/23 5:02

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

KPotter Re: You've gotta be kidding me ...... Part IV .... Possibly (NWS)
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

I always thought a Phillips Screwdriver was Milk of Magnesia and Vodka.
Posted on: 2010/2/23 15:47

Curtis1974 Re: You've gotta be kidding me ...... Part IV .... Possibly (NWS)
Elite Guru
Bolingbrook, IL
1070 Posts

Only a person in West Virginia could think of this.

From the county where drunk driving is considered a sport, comes this true story. Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a bar in Clarksburg , WV after last call the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so apparently intoxicated that he could barely walk.

The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the officer quietly observing. After what seemed an eternity in which he tried his keys on five different vehicles, the man managed to find his car and fall into it.

He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off.

Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off--it was a fine, dry summer night--, flicked the blinkers on and off a couple of times, honked the horn and then switched on the lights.

He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other patrons' vehicles left.

At last, when his was the only car left in the parking lot, he pulled out and drove slowly down the road.

The police officer, having waited patiently all this time, now started up his patrol car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over and administered abreathalyzer test.

To his amazement, the breathalyzer indicated no evidence that the man had consumed any alcohol at all!

Dumbfounded, the officer said, I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station.

This breathalyzer equipment must be broken.'

'I doubt it,' said the truly proud Redneck. 'Tonight I'm the designated decoy.'
Posted on: 2010/2/24 0:47

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Vetteblondie was in town on a shopping trip. She began her day finding the most perfect shoes in the first shop and a beautiful dress on sale in the second. In the third, everything had just been reduced by 50 percent, when her mobile phone rang. It was a female doctor notifying her that her ex-husband had just been in a terrible car accident and was in critical condition and in the ICU. The woman told the doctor to inform her ex-husband where she was and that she'd be there as soon as possible. As she hung up she realized she was leaving what was shaping up to be her best day ever in the boutiques... She decided to get in a couple of more shops before heading to the hospital.

She ended up shopping the rest of the morning, finishing her trip with a cup of coffee and a beautiful chocolate cake slice, compliments of the last shop. She was jubilant.Then she remembered her ex-husband. Feeling guilty, she dashes to the hospital.

She saw the doctor in the corridor and asked about her ex's condition. The lady doctor glared at her and shouted, "You went ahead and finished your shopping trip didn't you! I hope you're proud of yourself! While you were out for the past four hours enjoying yourself in town, your ex-husband has been languishing in the Intensive Care Unit! It's just as well you went ahead and finished, because it will more than likely be the last shopping trip you ever take! For the rest of his life he will require round-the-clock care. And he will now be your career!"
The woman was feeling so guilty she broke down and sobbed.
The lady doctor then chuckled and said, "I'm just pulling your leg. He's dead. Show me what you bought."
Posted on: 2010/2/24 13:43

vetteblondie Re: You've gotta be kidding me ...... Part IV .... Possibly (NWS)
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

BWWAAHHHHAAAAAAHHHHAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on: 2010/2/24 18:50

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Curtis1974 Re: You've gotta be kidding me ...... Part IV .... Possibly (NWS)
Elite Guru
Bolingbrook, IL
1070 Posts

> A man feared his wife wasn't hearing as well
>
>
>
>
>
> as she used to and he thought she might need ahearing
> aid.
>
> Not quite sure how to approach her on the subject,
>
> he called the family doctor to discuss the problem.
>
>
> The Doctor told him there is a simple informal
> test the husband could perform to give the doctor
> a
> better idea about her hearing loss.
>
> Here's what you do," said the Doctor,
> "stand about 40 feet away from her, and say
> something in a
> normal conversational speaking tone see if she hears
> you.
> If not, go to 30 feet, then 20 feet,
> and so on until you get a response."
>
> That evening, the wife is in the kitchen cooking
> dinner, and he was in the den. He says to
> himself,
> "I'm about 40 feet away, let's see what
> happens."
> Then in a normal tone he asks,
> 'Honey, what's for dinner?"
>
> No response.
>
> So the husband moves closer to the kitchen,
> about 30 feet from his wife and repeats,
> "Honey, what's for dinner?"
>
> Still no response.
>
> Next he moves into the dining room where he is
> about 20 feet from his wife and asks,
>
> Again he gets no response.
>
> So, he walks up to the kitchen door, about 10
> feet away. "Honey, what's for dinner?"
>
> Again there is no response.
> So he walks right up behind her.
>
>
> (I just love this)
>
>
> "Ralph!, for the FIFTH time, it's
> CHICKEN!"
Posted on: 2010/2/25 4:34

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

TWO OLD MEN DECIDE THEY ARE CLOSE TO THEIR LAST DAYS AND DECIDE TO HAVE A LAST NIGHT ON THE TOWN.

AFTER A FEW DRINKS, THEY END UP AT THE LOCAL BROTHEL

THE MADAM TAKES ONE LOOK AT THE TWO OLD GEEZERS AND WHISPERS TO HER MANAGER, 'GO UP TO THE FIRST TWO BEDROOMS AND PUT AN INFLATED DOLL IN EACH BED.

THESE TWO ARE SO OLD AND DRUNK, I'M NOT WASTING TWO OF MY GIRLS ON THEM. THEY WON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.'

THE MANAGER DOES AS HE IS TOLD AND THE TWO OLD MEN GO UPSTAIRS AND TAKE CARE OF THEIR BUSINESS. AS THEY ARE WALKING HOME THE FIRST MAN SAYS,

'YOU KNOW, I THINK MY GIRL WAS DEAD!'

'DEAD?' SAYS HIS FRIEND, 'WHY DO YOU SAY THAT?'

'WELL, SHE NEVER MOVED OR MADE A SOUND ALL THE TIME I WAS LOVING HER.' HIS FRIEND SAYS, 'COULD BE WORSE I THINK MINE WAS A WITCH.'

'A WITCH ??. . WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SAY THAT?'

'WELL, I WAS MAKING LOVE TO HER, KISSING HER ON THE NECK, AND I GAVE HER A LITTLE BITE, THEN SHE FARTED AND FLEW OUT THE WINDOW..... TOOK MY TEETH WITH HER!
Posted on: 2010/2/25 13:04

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.