Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
206 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4+3
This is the manual transmission from 1984-1988.

It’s a Borg-Warner Super T-10 with a planetary overdrive attached to the tail shaft housing.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 03.10.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

I'm happy the baby had another successful night sleeping in her room. Didn't get up until 6:15 when I tried to cover her back up after she kicked the blankets off. Oh well. Fell back asleep like a rock.

Selling off some more junk from the basement. Got some weight racks and whatnot to get rid of. Some guy wants one of them, so I'll get that out of the way. I'll be a rich man with an empty basement pretty soon!

We also went to HD last night and picked up some primer & paint for the entertainment center. Looking forward to getting it done.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/3/10 12:41

Vetron87 Re: Wednesday Chat 03.10.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

High today of 60 and rain. Snow is gone. Snow plows removed 6 of my sprinklers heads by the road. Wood shop students are finishing up the last of the 82 frames for the school. Next we build a record board for the swimming pool. I was asked this morning if I would postpone my retirement from teaching one more year. Having problems finding a teacher with an industrial arts degree. I really have to think about this offer. I'm counting down the days now. Maybe teebee would like the job Have a great day gurus.
Posted on: 2010/3/10 13:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 03.10.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Signed up for a cruise in today with the PCA to Muscle Car City. I've been wanting to go and this is a great opportunity to do it with some people we know. Should be fun to see all those Porsches in the muscle car parking lot. If you like cars, you like cars. A guy who works at the local Chevy dealership called my wife to let us know he was selling his 2002 Corvette Z06. Only 18000 miles on it and it has a Borla exhaust system. He was wanting $25,000 for it which is a little to rich for my blood but he had my gears spinning. Actually thought about selling both the C4s and picking up the Z for a few short minutes. Thought about the depreciation and money thrown away too. We have no debt and the the C4s aren't going down much anymore. Although autocossing a 425 hp Z and taking it to the drag strip has it's allure. Keep on dreaming gurus. Sometimes dreams can come true.
Posted on: 2010/3/10 13:52

biggrizzly Re: Wednesday Chat 03.10.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning too!

I'm still stoked this morning about last night's trip down Corvette History Lane. I have been Googling all night and just can't get enough of this stuff.

Tommy - I have been and am still soooo close to pulling the trigger on a C5 Z06, but I keep getting reality checks and the thought of another car payment is not very appealing.
Most of my buddies have newer C5 and C6 Corvettes that they race, and its has been hard to resist buying a newer car. Plus I have so much time and energy in my current Vette that I would find it hard to part with her for the chump change I know I'd get. Its probably only worth $8,000 to a buyer but worth $$$$$$$$$$$$ to me.
Posted on: 2010/3/10 14:14

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 03.10.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I could've left the Vette in storage another week for all I've accomplished. It's been raining the past few days, lots of salt and crud all over the roads. The rain is chipping away at the snow, but there's still plenty left.

The Z sounds like a nice car, glad I don't have such a temptation in front of me.

Great to have the little one sleeping through the night, Matt - a step toward regaining some sanity ;-)

Have a great day, all!
Posted on: 2010/3/10 14:18

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

bogus Re: Wednesday Chat 03.10.10
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Well... I took the laptop apart last night in a vain search for a problem with the wireless.

All I can say is this - if you want to take a Toshiba laptop apart, it's not hard, but it is a commitment... it is APART. It took about 90 minutes. I figure it will take that to reassemble.
Posted on: 2010/3/10 15:15

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

bastet44 Re: Wednesday Chat 03.10.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Greetings, Gurus!

I'm off to help out with a training again today. But what's nice is that I don't have to do any organizing - just go in and do my bit for the simulation exercise part of the training.

Went to the same training yesterday, and got stuck for 20 minutes in surface street traffic due to road construction. That really sucked. I'll have to plan a different route to the freeway today.

Have a great Wednesday!
Posted on: 2010/3/10 18:48

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Wednesday, March 10, 2010

phantasmagoria
\fan-taz-muh-GOR-ee-uh\, noun:

1. A shifting series or succession of things seen or imagined, as in a dream.
2. Any constantly changing scene.
Posted on: 2010/3/10 18:48

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 03.10.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Ron, I don't think I want to move up there to the kind of winters you guys had this year. I think my school is running into the same issue, but the principal still says "I want to find a full time person, who will coach." OK have at it, is all I can say. 54 contract days!

C5Z...sounds like a very nice car. A friend of mine just bought one....I don't think he paid that much for his and it only has about 24K on the clock.

I love taking the computers apart, most times it way more PITA to get them back together.
Posted on: 2010/3/10 20:09

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
C5Z...sounds like a very nice car. A friend of mine just bought one....I don't think he paid that much for his and it only has about 24K on the clock.

KBB is $19,400 Edmunds is even lower. He's not going to get 25K unless somebody has lots af cash and just has to have it. That someone is not me.
Posted on: 2010/3/10 20:30

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:
Word of the Day for Wednesday, March 10, 2010

phantasmagoria
\fan-taz-muh-GOR-ee-uh\, noun:

1. A shifting series or succession of things seen or imagined, as in a dream.
2. Any constantly changing scene.

Phantasmagoria than some of the horror movies I've seen.

Posted on: 2010/3/10 20:50

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 03.10.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

I think that is more in line with what my buddy paid.
Posted on: 2010/3/10 21:00

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

I had an ice cold can of Coca Cola Classic today. It was fantastic. I don't drink soda that often, and Coke is my fave. It was very yummy!
Posted on: 2010/3/11 2:29

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.