Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
285 user(s) are online (256 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Dana 36
This references the rear differential.

The Dana 36 was the smaller unit. It was used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes thru 1996...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 04.06.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

So I made a call yesterday to one of the builders I was considering. Talked to the owner on the phone and ended up stopping by last night. He gave me a tour of the shop and he showed me some of the motors they are doing. Insane. He's building some crazy blocks right now, a 632, some 565s, etc. He showed me some dyno results of some of their builds, 1000 hp on pump gas. He was telling me one of his customers has an 800 hp pump gas motor that he drives 12000 miles a year and it idles at 800 rpm. Wow. Almost seems like the guy is out of my league! Lol. But he took the time to sit down with me and chat. Prices were market, not too high, not too low. And he really knows his stuff. I told him I'll try to get the block there as soon as I can to get started. Looks like I'm in business.

Couple blurbs about him. Company is Midwest Engine Tech and the owner's name is Scott Fulkerson:

(FLP Heads)
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/ ... der_head_guide/index.html

http://www.vetteweb.com/features/vemp ... 1_corvette_z06/index.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/perfo ... -down-results-inside.html

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/4/6 11:28

Curtis1974 Re: Tuesday Chat 04.06.10
Elite Guru
Bolingbrook, IL
1070 Posts

Just dropped my '74 off at my mechanics shop. He's the best old school tuner in town and it needs it bad. Can't wait to see how it runs after he gets his hands on it.........
Posted on: 2010/4/6 12:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 04.06.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I'm thinking you need one of those docile 800hp numbers, Matt ;-)

Supposed to rain today - I hope it does, as that will help justify why I didn't bother washing the Vette this weekend. We could use some, anyway.

Good game last night, right down to the buzzer. Too bad that last shot wouldn't drop for Butler.

Have a great day, all!
Posted on: 2010/4/6 12:27

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 04.06.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys. Matt, how carried away are you going to get? Curtis, I hope that he makes a huge difference for you. Brad, we need rain too, but it's not unusual for us to be dry.

I got the other shed painted last night, now all I have to do on them is paint the trim. I have my meeting today with the financial adviser, and my lumber should be showing up sometime today. Lots of activities at school today as well.
Posted on: 2010/4/6 12:54

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

biggrizzly Re: Tuesday Chat 04.06.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Matt, Sounds like fun to me. Personally, I'd go as much HP as your driveline and wallet can afford. I couldn't do that, but I love when other people do!!

We are having some of the most beautiful weather here these days. Although, we could use some rain now, as things are drying up from all the snow last month. The pollen is also starting to blanket everything too.

You guys are making me ache to get my car out!!
Posted on: 2010/4/6 13:07

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 04.06.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I have to wonder about a guy that tears stuff down with no signs of wear. For me it would be a serious wear and tear on my wallet.

Mulched the yard this morning. I'm still waiting for my injectors to show up. The mechanic is waiting for me to show up. It's been a strange week for me and retailers. Lots of weird stuff going on. Seems like I've been having some of Murphys' luck lately. Oh well .....
Posted on: 2010/4/6 16:10

bastet44 Re: Tuesday Chat 04.06.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Greetings, Gurus!

Well, I was up late doing some work stuff, and was able to sleep in a little this morning. Gotta go get ready for a meeting.

Have a great day!
Posted on: 2010/4/6 17:19

bastet44 Re: Tuesday Chat 04.06.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Tuesday, April 6, 2010

land of Nod
\land-uhv-NOD\, noun:

A mythical land of sleep.
Posted on: 2010/4/6 17:20

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Fuel injector story continued.

So I've been waiting for my injectors. I called FIC, our Guru fuel injector connection. They gave me a tracking number that showed the package was delivered Saturday at 11:00 AM. Usually I would have been here but I had to run my spouse around due to her inability to drive. I was home around 3:00 PM. I checked the mail in the hopes that I at least had a notice of attempted delivery. Nope, just mail. Monday came, I checked the mail. I should have had it in 2 days. Nope, just mail. Today when I didn't get them I started getting antsy. WTF, where are my injectors. I tracked down my letter carrier. She's really nice, concientious and helpful. She had been off the past week and a half. If it she was working I would have got my package. I went by the Post Office to see if it was on the rack and mis-scanned as delivered. Nope. Talked to a postal supervisor about my issue. We all know how that turned out. Laughable. When I call tomorrow to talk to the delivery supervisor I'm sure I'll get the, Maybe a squirrel took it and used it to build a nest or Is it possible it was in your mailbox and you just didn't see it? or Are you sure they sent it to the right address? Anything but have a good answer for me. I worked for the USPS for almost 30 years. I know what I know. Thanks to Jon and Bill at FIC. They're going to send me a second set with the hopes the first set shows up either to me or back to them. They are the bright spot in this potentially agrivating situation. As many have said before, they are more than helpful and go out of their way to provide a top notch service. I'll give you an update when all is said and done. Luckily, my blood pressure is starting to settle down a bit.
Posted on: 2010/4/6 18:13

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 04.06.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Frustrating at best Tommy. I hope that you can find them soon or that your second bunch shows up quickly. Jon and FIC are top notch.
Posted on: 2010/4/6 18:20

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:
Word of the Day for Tuesday, April 6, 2010

land of Nod
\land-uhv-NOD\, noun:

A mythical land of sleep.

It's not mythical. I've been there.
Posted on: 2010/4/6 18:24

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.