Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
305 user(s) are online (259 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Transverse Leaf Spring
(TLS) A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it functions similarly to two ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

biggrizzly Saturday Chat 05.22.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Since I'm up and getting ready to leave for Grantville, PA NCCC Car Show I thought I'd say good morning to you all.

I have no idea what to expect today except it is supposed to be a seven sanction all East Region NCCC event with 7 sanctions. I guess this means they will get a lot of participation from the points chasers among the NCCC guys. I'm going to promote my June 5th Show

I'm taking my camera so I hope to get some good photos. I'm crossing my fingers we have good weather and lots of nice cars.

Take Care and have a good day!!
Posted on: 2010/5/22 10:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 05.22.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Happy early morning to you, Don! I hope that the show goes well! How far of a drive is it for you? I'm looking forward to the pics.

The weather has been really goofy here the past few days. Right now it's bright but cloudy out, with a lot of evidence of rain. I don't think it's supposed to rain again today. High of around 79, tomorrow 89. Wow...I'm not ready for that!

Got to tinker with the car last night and the wife didn't even complain...lol. Maybe she realizes once it's done, I won't be out there as much (until the next project!). My goal tonight after work is to put the accessory brackets back on if I can.

What's everyone else up to this weekend?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/5/22 11:30

Livin_the_dream Re: Saturday Chat 05.22.10
Senior Guru
robesonia , pa
516 Posts

Don you're going to be about 30 miles from my house!

Matt After the brackets how much work do you have left until you fire it up? I always love the first time you fire up a motor!

Got a wedding to go to this afternoon so it cuts my garage time to a minimum. Trying to box the frame on the hot rod. Long slow process but it will be worth it in the end. I should have my motor mounted in my car by 6/6. Waiting on my radiator until I finish weld the motor mounts

Hope everyone has a good day!
Posted on: 2010/5/22 11:53

PeteK Re: Saturday Chat 05.22.10
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

Good morning gang.
Sitting in a hotel room waiting to be picked by by the local sales rep.
Have to spend today witnessing a few guys do a forensic examination of a flooring failure in Daytona Beach. Bor-ing.
Hope everyone makes it a great day.
Posted on: 2010/5/22 12:35

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 05.22.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12369 Posts

Morning guys....We have some friends coming in this morning for HS graduation this afternoon. So I am going golfing with him, while the wife stays and entertains the lady. Then we will go get a bite before heading off to graduation. I get to march in with the rest of the faculty before the grads and then march out after.

Weather right now is absolutely beautiful. 55* already and a very light breeze. But as Kansas is known the wind is to pick up this afternoon and blow like a banshee.

Better get going so I'm ready when they get here. You guys have a great day.
Posted on: 2010/5/22 12:38

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Saturday Chat 05.22.10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4653 Posts

Morning all,
lots to do around here, I still don't feel good. Need to wash vette inside and out, truck is dirty now too, house is a mess, yard is a foot tall, it never ends.
Finally managed to get the rims on the vette painted. Was gonna do at body shop myself and him paint, but what a PITA! I think he saw my distress and rescued me LOL. Many, many, many, many thanks to Don for it all!!!
I'd like to get new ones, but with just buying a truck and it needs tires/wheels also, kinda hard to feed two teenagers so to speak, so painted the vette ones. They were really too bad to redo IMHO.

Attach file:

jpg  rims painted.jpg (130.50 KB)
619_4bf7f1834d6ac.jpg 1200X704 px
Posted on: 2010/5/22 15:00

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 05.22.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Those came out very cool, Letty! Funny, I was just thinking about picking up a set of used sawblades with a similar thought, but a polished rim instead.

Lazy day here, a few odd chores and then off to a friend's surprise birthday party later this afternoon. I hope the unexpected rain that is currently pelting us goes away before the festivities begin.
Posted on: 2010/5/22 16:40

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 05.22.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12369 Posts

Those turned out pretty nice VB. Well, the nice day went away pretty fast. It's 91* now and the wind is blowing about 40mph. Electricity has been going off and on now for the last hour. The class has graduated and I've hit the parties I intended...ate too much. I think I'll just veg this evening.
Posted on: 2010/5/22 22:07

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.