Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
216 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  A4
Generic reference to an automatic equipped C4. All are 4-speed overdrive units....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Josh Thanks Mseven
Guru
Raleigh, NC
666 Posts

All-

In my post about my new best, I forgot to point out that I'm using an Mseven tune. I just want to say that without his help, the car never would have come together.

He's been my guiding light on the tune from nearly day one. Back when my car was the fastest stock TPI car on the forum, his advice was invaluable. I tuned the car on a dyno myself, but without him on the phone walking me through certain aspects of it, the 12.8's the car was running never would have been possible. Then, when it was a converted LT1 intake car, he took over the tuning responsibilities entirely without missing a beat. The car has been through several versions of itself, and having such a solid tuner on your side makes the idea of extensively modding the car so much easier to deal with it's impossible to describe. Tuning is a jungle, there is as much bad information as good, and there are more hack tuners than quality without a doubt. Most shops that I've been around don't even have the gear to do a chip tune, nearly everyone is playing in the LSX sandbox now, and a quality chip tuner was tough for me to find. Alleviating yourself from the responsibility of the tune is a huge weight off anyones shoulders, and it frees you up to worry about the important stuff; heads, cam, bore, stroke, hookers, blow, etc... Relieving the stress of worrying about the tune is immeasurable, thanks man.

More than plugging his small tuning business, I just want to thank someone who has become a very good friend. He's infintely more knowledgeable than I am on nearly all things automotive (nitrous aside) and has had no qualms sharing what he knows with me.

I just want to publicly thank him for his countless hours and help over the past 5 years.

Thanks man, next time we're in the same state, beers are on me.

Mick-

Check out the Nascar schedule, let me know the next time there is a race in Charlotte and you think you can get the time to come down. I'll pull what little strings I have and get us some tickets.
Posted on: 2010/10/25 21:06

bogus Re: Thanks Mseven
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Mick is the man! He has helped so many folks with tunes and tuning, it isn't even funny.

for Mick!
Posted on: 2010/10/25 21:51

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Thanks Mseven
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

I have to agree! I'm running one of Mick's tunes as well. And not only is Mick a great tuner, he is very knowledgeable about car troubleshooting in general! So he's a great choice and very helpful in getting your car set up right.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/10/25 22:27

WW7 Re: Thanks Mseven
Senior Guru
Almost Heaven WV
268 Posts

And here I thought my car was the only one he was working on... Im trying to talk Mick into coming to Corvettes at Carisle next year to hang out with Pete K, Mike V and myself.. If he does alot of us can meet him in person..What do you say Mick, are you up for it??..Wayne..
Posted on: 2010/10/25 23:39

cuisinartvette Re: Thanks Mseven
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Hes got a round of drinks coming from Cali when he makes it out this way. Hes been a huge help here and a good friend also to boot for years.
Posted on: 2010/10/26 15:27

tpi421vett Re: Thanks Mseven
Registered Vendor
Salt Lake City Utah
125 Posts

Your in good hands having Mick doing your tuning.
Posted on: 2010/10/26 17:54
450ci now with AFR 235...

mseven Re: Thanks Mseven
Senior Guru
Motor City Madhouse
247 Posts

holy crap..Josh you are quite welcome, for the most part I'm at a loss for words. All I can say is I really appreciate reading your post. Thanks !!

Over the last few years I have become friends with all you guys and if someone would have told me a few years back that some of my best friends I would have met from a forum, I would have not believed it. Since we share the same passion, talking hot rods with these guys has always been great and it is something I enjoy.

btw..Josh the beers are on you sounds good to me...and for all the info in putting mine on the hose.
Wayne, Thanks for the invite. I think that meetimg up with you guys at Carlisle next year sounds good..should be fun.

Thanks again ...Mick
wipe out 24..not forgotten
Posted on: 2010/10/26 22:36

bogus Re: Thanks Mseven
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Mick - sounds like you have drinks waiting for you all over the country! Shall we schedule the worlds biggest pub crawl?

Oh, add me to it, too. I have learned tons from reading your posts.
Posted on: 2010/10/27 17:25

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

sliding Re: Thanks Mseven
Senior Guru
Zagreb, Croatia
326 Posts

Mick have also helped me a lot and he sure can
count on a beer from me.
Only problem is that I live "a little bit" too far!
Posted on: 2010/10/27 19:07

mseven Re: Thanks Mseven
Senior Guru
Motor City Madhouse
247 Posts

Quote:
bogus wrote:
Mick - sounds like you have drinks waiting for you all over the country! Shall we schedule the worlds biggest pub crawl?
Oh, add me to it, too. I have learned tons from reading your posts.

Thanks Andy,
I haven't been out in awhile, the largest pub crawl sounds good. I metioned to Ron before that when I do make it out there I wanted to get together with you and Kevin. It would be great to get together with everyone.
Mick
Posted on: 2010/10/28 12:39

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.