Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
296 user(s) are online (248 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TH2004R
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 2.74
2nd Gear: 1.57
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.67

Reverse: 2.06

- Used in production GM model...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

vettegrl76 Is it true about ecklers and Summit Racing
Guru Newb
3 Posts

I heard that Summitt bought out Ecklers . Does anyone know if this is true? I was wondering because I have some parts that need to be returned and I don't want to get screwed out of getting my money back.
Posted on: 2011/5/20 20:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: Is it true about ecklers and Summit Racing
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Nothing about that shows up in a web search. But, who knows?
Posted on: 2011/5/20 21:11

bogus Re: Is it true about ecklers and Summit Racing
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I would expect that if this IS true, it would not effect their day-to-day functions for some time.

Meaning, if you have parts to return to Ecklers, then by all means, get the RA and return them.

These kind of take overs can take years to fully integrate.
Posted on: 2011/5/20 21:25

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Durango_Boy Re: Is it true about ecklers and Summit Racing
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

I'm actually happy to hear that if it's true.

I have had nothing but horrible luck with Eckler's. Quite the opposite for Summit. Maybe some new management is all Eckler's needed.
Posted on: 2011/5/21 11:43

BillH Re: Is it true about ecklers and Summit Racing
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Durango_Boy wrote:

I have had nothing but horrible luck with Eckler's. Quite the opposite for Summit. Maybe some new management is all Eckler's needed.

Yep
Posted on: 2011/5/21 12:09

TommyT-Bone Re: Is it true about ecklers and Summit Racing
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I've had good luck with Ecklers. There just up the road mid state. They have actually expanded into other lines (Trucks and Foreign). That's probably part of the problem. Trying to support a much wider product base. The nature of the business beast today is to create a market monster. If you need something .... we have it .... If we don't have it .... oh well ..... Companies go from doing one thing really well to doing many things not so well. It's all about the Benjamins.
Posted on: 2011/5/21 12:20

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Whatever the case, I did some internet searching and found nothing. So this is urban legend until a press release is issued.

As for Ecklers, I have had very good luck with them... both on the customer service level and on part satisfaction. Actually, better with Ecklers than with Summit!

Ecklers has a unique position in the parts biz, they actually own many of the old GM tooling for these parts. That's why they have the GM Restoration badge on them. As I understand it (and this is info I heard long before I owned a Vette, so it may also be urban legend, but at the same time, I have never heard anything to dispell it), when GM phased out a model, Ecklers bought out the molds. This was after GM made the necessary 10-year post model end parts supply.

Then Ecklers held onto the molds until the part supply ran out and then started remaking the parts! Pretty clever. And pretty damned close to GM spec, if not better in some cases.

And at the limited production they need to make them, the molds should last nearly forever.

As for expanding into other realms, no biggie, you are just a distributor of other companies crap. Print a catalog and create a pipeline. A company like Ecklers should be able to handle that.

For Summit to buy Eckler's sounds off to me... too market specific for my liking.
Posted on: 2011/5/21 15:36

vettegrl76 Re: Is it true about ecklers and Summit Racing
Guru Newb
3 Posts

That is true for me too. I have had many problems with them. I think I am actually glad to hear it. I did call them today and sort of asked them in a round about way when i was inquiring about my return. The customer service girl just said it would be a good idea to send the parts back as soon as possible. ( hint hint)
Posted on: 2011/5/23 15:23

WW7 Re: Is it true about ecklers and Summit Racing
Senior Guru
Almost Heaven WV
268 Posts

Quote:

Durango_Boy wrote:

I couldn't agree more...WW
Posted on: 2011/5/23 16:01

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

vettegrl76 wrote:
That is true for me too. I have had many problems with them. I think I am actually glad to hear it. I did call them today and sort of asked them in a round about way when i was inquiring about my return. The customer service girl just said it would be a good idea to send the parts back as soon as possible. ( hint hint)

Still means nothing to me. Soon as possible means "before your 30 day exchange is up."

If Summit DID buy up Ecklers, they would be legally bound to honor all Ecklers warrantees.

To be honest, I would expect them to run Ecklers independently for some time. Integrating those two companies would be ugly. It will take time and damned good planning and training to make it work right.

Trust me, new software and processes don't get learned overnight.
Posted on: 2011/5/23 22:53

vettegrl76 Re: Is it true about ecklers and Summit Racing
Guru Newb
3 Posts

what I heard on another chat board ( Not naming names) but they didn't say that the company was merging, but that Summit bought out Ecklers. Wouldnt that mean the parts now belong to Summitt. That is what I was wondering. Anyway I returned my parts, should be getting a credit soon. I am glad because Ecklers has horrible customer service and I like Summitt better for my Vette, and my boyfriend gets his stuff from Summitt anyway. Thanks for the replies.
Posted on: 2011/5/23 23:12

ecklersindustries Re: Is it true about ecklers and Summit Racing
Guru Newb
1 Posts

It is true, the transition will begin in less than one year, but the deal is done. Only the product will be transferred to the Summit main warehouse in Ohio. Should be an easy transition as Summit is well-equipped in handling parts for many many various different categories of vehicles.
Posted on: 2011/5/23 23:49

Ultraman Re: Is it true about ecklers and Summit Racing
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14750 Posts

Thanks Vettegirl, hope you can hang around with us more often. Got any pics of your car?
Posted on: 2011/5/23 23:58

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

ecklersindustries wrote:
It is true, the transition will begin in less than one year, but the deal is done. Only the product will be transferred to the Summit main warehouse in Ohio. Should be an easy transition as Summit is well-equipped in handling parts for many many various different categories of vehicles.

I don't believe this post. It seems odd that ecklers would bother doing this using a throw-away email from gmail.

Sorry, I am going to research this and get the truth sorted out.

As for returns and such, there seems to be a total lack of how big business works. When there is a take over, merger, acquistion, whatever you want to call it, there are responsibilities that have to be kept. Those of creditors, customers and suppliers.

This means, when Company A takes over Company B, they still have to honour their warrantees. It's that simple.

This is not like buying a house where you just move in, this more like a marriage where each spouse brings kids to the equation... this is a merging of cultures and no matter how you cut it, it's not easy.

Oh, and the fact that there hasn't been any press releases or announcements?

Allow me to be skeptical.
Posted on: 2011/5/24 1:58

Matatk Re: Is it true about ecklers and Summit Racing
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

ecklersindustries wrote:

If your email was actually legitimate this might sound reasonable. But your email is fake, so why should we believe this post? Feel free to PM me with your extension and email address at ecklers and I'll confirm it.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/5/24 11:33

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.