Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
323 user(s) are online (262 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  SuperRam Intake System
Originally designed by John Lingenfelter at LPE and manufactured by Accell, the SuperRam was the 1st aftermarket intake to improve upon the stock lon...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

jonszr1 very cool xmas present to your car and you
Senior Guru
Lone Pine, CA
453 Posts

a great stocking stuffer that you can have the wife get you . is one of bill boudreaus short shifters . best darn shifter out there .i just got one and i have tried them all . neat thing is it looks stock .just a little shorter . and has throws as short as the b and m but this one works great .i can t believe how positive it is . just thought id share with you guys when an exceptional product comes along for us . his number is 602 319 6575 .he also is the fella that came up with the beam plates and blueprints the zf tranny . most of you know him and his work is absolutely amazing .
Posted on: 2011/11/18 16:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

djxib Re: very cool xmas present to your car and you
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Quote:

jonszr1 wrote:
a great stocking stuffer that you can have the wife get you . is one of bill boudreaus short shifters . best darn shifter out there .i just got one and i have tried them all . neat thing is it looks stock .just a little shorter . and has throws as short as the b and m but this one works great .i can t believe how positive it is . just thought id share with you guys when an exceptional product comes along for us . his number is 602 319 6575 .he also is the fella that came up with the beam plates and blueprints the zf tranny . most of you know him and his work is absolutely amazing .

After trying to fast-shift my B&M shifter (5000 miles in the car) at the strip last weekend, definitely looking for something less notchy and cleaner. This is on my list!
Posted on: 2011/11/18 17:04

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

flyboy Re: very cool xmas present to your car and you
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

...oops.
Posted on: 2011/11/18 17:52

bogus Re: very cool xmas present to your car and you
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I have the Hurst and love it... at least when my damned car is running... sigh...
Posted on: 2011/11/18 21:05

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Matatk Re: very cool xmas present to your car and you
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

No ZF here. I'd like the beam plates, but can't justify paying the price
Posted on: 2011/11/19 0:56

jonszr1 Re: very cool xmas present to your car and you
Senior Guru
Lone Pine, CA
453 Posts

i will share that bill only make 25 bucks on each set of beam plates . i had the hurst in my car before getting bills. the hurst is decent no doubt .but the little difference in bill shifter makes that 2 to 3 shift at the strip almost impossible to miss . i would have to let you drive my car so you would know what i mean . i agree about the b and m shifter . its next to impossible to shift fast at all .. do you guys know that b and m bought hurst a while back ????just want to share and save the wonder full guys on this forum that if you are in the market for a better shifter give real thought to bills .the cost is 180 for the crash through and 250 for the lift ring. i bought the crash through as i am never going to be speed shifting 6th gear that would be way to fast for this old fella .lol
Posted on: 2011/11/19 4:28
i have a blast playing with my 4 babies 2 zr1s and 2 mustangs 68 coupe with a jon bennit 408 art car fully rollered c4 with a gearvendors over drive .88 mustang built by my kids with a ported lt5 and a bill boudreau blue printed zf 6 spd. with these 4 ...

bogus Re: very cool xmas present to your car and you
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I have the beam plates... and I find them great!

If only in how much easier they make installing the c-beam! One time and their value is apparent!!

However, they do seem to tame that nasty right rear kickout during hard acceleration. The car just tracks straighter. The theory is that the place better distribute the torque vector that comes off the rotational force of the engine.

In short, the motor rotates in a given direction, that is amplified as the power it transferred through the rear end... the beam plates help contain that imbalance (so to speak).
Posted on: 2011/11/19 16:37

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

pianoguy Re: very cool xmas present to your car and you
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

If I didn't already have the Hurst shifter, I'd be all over one of those. Who knows, maybe someday I'll get one anyway. I do have the beam plates, and they are very slick. And if I ever need my transmission rebuilt, I'll be sending it off to him.
Posted on: 2011/11/19 19:07

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.