Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
295 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C3
Abbreviation for the 3rd generation of Corvettes built from 1968-1982....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Chat for Sunday the eleventh day of December in the year two thousand and eleven
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Guess what's coming fast. (25-11) Ahh, mmm, Two weeks till Christmas. Normalcy returns in about three and a half weeks.
(or what appears to be normal)
Posted on: 2011/12/11 12:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

biggrizzly Re: Chat for Sunday the eleventh day of December in the year two thousand and eleven
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Bah Humbug! I'm really doing bad for this holiday! We still have not done a damn thing except hung a wreath on the front door! I really don't want to go down the basement and pull all of that crap out again for just a few days...

We plan to go to my parent's house for Christmas day anyway. Perhaps I just need those three spirits to come visit me on Christmas Eve!

I need to flush my heater core. I have had no heat for two seasons now. Every now and then I get a whiff of coolant but no drips or wet carpet, so I'm hoping I can get away with just flushing it. I need to look a the FSM to see the best way to get to the hoses without losing a lot of coolant. I'd like to plug the lines going to the radiator and block and isolate the heater core without losing all my coolant from the block and radiator.

Anyhow... that's my deal today I guess. Maybe the Redskins will win... maybe they won't!
Posted on: 2011/12/11 13:16

BillH Re: Chat for Sunday the eleventh day of December in the year two thousand and eleven
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

I need to look a the FSM to see the best way to get to the hoses without losing a lot of coolant. I'd like to plug the lines going to the radiator and block and isolate the heater core without losing all my coolant from the block and radiator.

You have to partially drain the rad to get the water level lower than the surge tank & heater core, no way around it.

And, it's easier to drain at the rad than anywhere else.
Posted on: 2011/12/11 14:13

BillH Re: Chat for Sunday the eleventh day of December in the year two thousand and eleven
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Normalcy returns in about three and a half weeks.

Yea, right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the election's comin'.
Posted on: 2011/12/11 14:14

TommyT-Bone Re: Chat for Sunday the eleventh day of December in the year two thousand and eleven
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Normalcy returns in about three and a half weeks.

Yea, right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the election's comin'.

Note to self. Ignore pre election banter.
Posted on: 2011/12/11 14:22

Ultraman Re: Chat for Sunday the eleventh day of December in the year two thousand and eleven
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

Yeah only two weeks......no presents bought for anyone else.....there are several boxes from Mid America setting in my room though........

We have not got a lot done either Don so don't feel bad....I think we are still burned out from the wedding. We just like to sit a stare a lot.....

We will get stuff done later today but it's cold and windy out so it will be inside stuff.

Have a nice day off Guru's....
Posted on: 2011/12/11 14:42

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Chat for Sunday the eleventh day of December in the year two thousand and eleven
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Yo! Nice day on tap here, should be sunny and close to 40. Of course that will be followed by freezing drizzle and more snow tomorrow. But 6 months from now it will be warm out, so I have that to look forward to. Still not quite done shopping, so I'd better get cracking on that. Gonna watch the Viqueens add another notch to the loss column today.

Have a good one, yawlz!
Posted on: 2011/12/11 15:48

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Found a cracked windshield washer pump housing. Nothing that JB Weld won't fix. Buut I have to warm up the JB in hot water so it'll flow.

While my neighbor loads up his golf clubs to go DNBFS.
Posted on: 2011/12/11 17:14

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Posted on: 2011/12/11 17:21

vetteblondie Re: Chat for Sunday the eleventh day of December in the year two thousand and eleven
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

I have a ton to do today but stayed up too late in front of the TV last night. Just got up but at least it's pretty outside and about 40 or so here. Might just take the vette for a spin and call it a day...
Yeah, think I'll do that....
Posted on: 2011/12/11 18:16

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I looked at my washer pump, it was cracked more than I thought, beyond JB Weld.

Sooo, I go into O-Riley Autoparts and say to the young guy behind the counter "I need an Anco 61-18 windshield washer pump.".
He says OK, and walks back and picks one up!!!!!
No computer, no what size is the engine, blow me away.
Posted on: 2011/12/11 19:52

teebee Re: Chat for Sunday the eleventh day of December in the year two thousand and eleven
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Afternoon guys...I overslept this morning and was late to our mens group project. We did a money maker of making beirrocks (runzas for our northern neighbors). We made about 160 dozen. They were very good too. I just got all of mine delivered or in the freezer for delivery tomorrow. it was colder than cr@p when I headed out the door this morning, 17. A little later on the wind picked up and warmed things up some, 41 now.

The reason for oversleeping, the wife and I bought a movie yesterday and at 10pm we decided to watch it. It was one of those Christmas classics (It's a Wonderful Life), I love Jimmy Stewart in that one. This was the colorized version, very well done.

Bill, hard to believe that they didn't ask all that sh!t, they always do.

I need to head home. I'll check in later.
Posted on: 2011/12/11 20:59

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Chat for Sunday the eleventh day of December in the year two thousand and eleven
Huskerland
14739 Posts

Mmmmmmm....Runzas.....nothing better on a cold winter night..
Posted on: 2011/12/11 22:41

pianoguy Re: Chat for Sunday the eleventh day of December in the year two thousand and eleven
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Mmmmmm, those sound pretty tasty! We got together with some friends to make French meat pies a few years back, gotta do that again.
Posted on: 2011/12/11 23:21

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Chat for Sunday the eleventh day of December in the year two thousand and eleven
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Runzas.....nothing better on a cold winter night..

Oh no! Not the runzas!
Posted on: 2011/12/12 1:32

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

I could think of some better stuff.
But first I'd haveta know WTF runzas are.
Posted on: 2011/12/12 1:55

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Grandma is eighty-eight years old and still drives her own car. She writes:

Dear Grand-daughter,

The other day I went up to our local Christian book store and saw a 'Honk if you love Jesus' bumper sticker .

I was feeling particularly sassy that day because I had just come from a thrilling choir performance, followed by a thunderous prayer meeting..

So, I bought the sticker and put it on my bumper.

Boy, am I glad I did; what an uplifting experience that followed.

I was stopped at a red light at a busy intersection, just lost in thought about the Lord and how good he is, and I didn't notice that the light had changed.

It is a good thing someone else loves Jesus because if he hadn't honked, I'd never have noticed.

I found that lots of people love Jesus!

While I was sitting there, the guy behind started honking like crazy, and then he leaned out of his window and screamed, 'For the love of God!'

'Go! Go! Go! Jesus Christ, GO!'

What an exuberant cheerleader he was for Jesus!

Everyone started honking!

I just leaned out my window and started waving and smiling at all those loving people.

I even honked my horn a few times to share in the love!

There must have been a man from Florida back there because I heard him yelling something about a sunny beach..

I saw another guy waving in a funny way with only his middle finger stuck up in the air.

I asked my young teenage grandson in the back seat what that meant.

He said it was probably a Hawaiian good luck sign or something.

Well, I have never met anyone from Hawaii , so I leaned out the window and gave him the good luck sign right back.

My grandson burst out laughing.

Why even he was enjoying this religious experience!!

A couple of the people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that they got out of their cars and started walking towards me.

I bet they wanted to pray or ask what church I attended, but this is when I noticed the light had changed.

So, grinning, I waved at all my brothers and sisters, and drove on through the intersection.

I noticed that I was the only car that got through the intersection before the light changed again and felt kind of sad that I had to leave them after all the love we had shared.

So I slowed the car down, leaned out the window and gave them all the Hawaiian good luck sign one last time as I drove away. Praise the Lord for such wonderful folks!!

Will write again soon,

Love, Grandma
Posted on: 2011/12/12 2:02

Huskerland
14739 Posts

LOL!
Posted on: 2011/12/12 2:06

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

It runza like a top.

Runza Recipe

Ingredients
2 cups warm water
2 packages dry yeast
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/4 cup margarine - melted and cooled
6 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup onion - chopped
3 cups cabbage - shredded
salt and pepper to taste
tabasco to taste

Directions
Dissolve together in the water the dry yeast, sugar and salt. Stir until dissolved. Then add the egg, margarine and flour. Knead until smooth and then refrigerate for four hours. Brown the ground beef and drain. Add the onion, cabbage and seasonings to the ground beef and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Cool. Roll the dough out onto a floured surface and then cut approximately 15 squares that are 6x6 from the dough. Fill with each one with meat mixture, seal and place seam side down on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
Posted on: 2011/12/12 2:08

teebee Re: Chat for Sunday the eleventh day of December in the year two thousand and eleven
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Don't know what runzas are? Well, I can't describe them too well.

Hamburger, cabbage, onions cooked up and then wrapped up in dough and baked, about the size of a Big Mac.
Posted on: 2011/12/12 2:11

Resized Image

Huskerland
14739 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

I could think of some better stuff.
But first I'd haveta know WTF runzas are.

They are hamburger and onion and cabbage all cooked up and put inside a dough cover and baked that way.....we have a chain of resturants call Runza that originated in Nebraska....

http://www.runza.com/

Very good stuff..... I would put their burgers and fries up against anybodys....In and Out Burger included....
Posted on: 2011/12/12 2:13

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Good description Marcus.
Posted on: 2011/12/12 2:23

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Chat for Sunday the eleventh day of December in the year two thousand and eleven
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

But what's a French Meat Pie?

I didn't get to get the vette out. Got busy planting the monkey grass and some bulbs I had, repotted a plant, took down the screen house gazebo the two snows we had clobbered. I need about three parts and it'll be good as new. Attempted to go to the store and misplaced they keys, they'd been outside all day on the railing by the car. I even looked in the fridge, the trash and everything for over an hour and gave up. Neighbor lady that looks after me came over and went right to them. Shit, it's strange when people know you that well but I"m glad. Got the dishes and laundry done and had a beer and nice warm bowl of chili.
Posted on: 2011/12/12 3:38

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Very good stuff..... I would put their burgers and fries up against anybodys....In and Out Burger included....

I don't get In and Out at all, don't think their burgers are worth all the hub bub.

I'm supprised that that someone from rural Pa. never heard of a runza.
Posted on: 2011/12/12 12:58

Huskerland
14739 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

I don't get In and Out at all, don't think their burgers are worth all the hub bub.

I am glad you said that because I never have understood that either. They are good but it's like the California State food or something.....the fries are average to me. Strange......now Wahoo's Fish Taco's....those work for me.
Posted on: 2011/12/12 13:57

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.