Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
314 user(s) are online (252 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  CFI
Cross Fire Injection. Method of fuel delivery in the L82 motor. The 1984 is the only C4 to use the L82. This is the same engine used in the 1982 C3. ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

bogus I hate morons...
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

http://www.dailybreeze.com/latestnews ... lflower-when-car-hits-suv

They give us Corvette owners such a bad name.
Posted on: 2012/3/10 19:33

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

EngineDoctor Re: I hate morons...
Master Guru
La Habra Ca.
791 Posts

But of course, cant blame the driver can ya ??? let me guess... car too powerful?
Posted on: 2012/3/10 19:38

1Fast04Vert Re: I hate morons...
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Quote:

engineholic wrote:
But of course, cant blame the driver can ya ??? let me guess... car too powerful?

Drinks too powerful and IQ too low.
Posted on: 2012/3/10 20:07

TommyT-Bone Re: I hate morons...
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Drunks drive eveything. This bonehead just so happened to be in a Corvette. I wonder if the ejected passenger was wearing a seat belt.
Posted on: 2012/3/10 21:04

EngineDoctor Re: I hate morons...
Master Guru
La Habra Ca.
791 Posts

Yup, It hit a nerve when I saw this....I was nailed while I was stopped at a red light, by a drunk driver ,in my 84 Vette in the same damn area. He slammed into a tree after he hit me, then I cornered him with the vette till the authorities got there.He had no insurance either.least he didn't get away
Posted on: 2012/3/10 22:39

Matatk Re: I hate morons...
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

We had a couple of kids die here the other night drag racing a mustang and a truck...no corvette necessary. Just alcohol and stupidity. Worthless deaths and a real shame. Just like this one above.
Posted on: 2012/3/11 6:06

TommyT-Bone Re: I hate morons...
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

The problem is lots of drinkers believe they can drive. How many times have you driven just a little bit tipsy. If you have, wether you were ticketed or not, you were DUI. Remember that this stuff happens to good people too. One little mistake and "the other guy" could be you. Don't drink and drive, text and drive, and drive, read a book and drive or a host of other distracting behaviors behind the wheel. I always mumble to innattentive drivers; "How about driving when you're driving?"
Posted on: 2012/3/11 11:49

BillH Re: I hate morons...
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I do like Matthew, one beer max. when you're out on the town.

As far as the article - What? you expect newspapers, news reporters not to sensationalize everything?
This was a Corvette AND a SUV so the newsies got a double flame.

Yea - the seatbelt thing.
Posted on: 2012/3/11 14:16

Matatk Re: I hate morons...
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

This happened here:

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/new ... n-new-lenox-township.html

They don't mention the alcohol in the paper article, but witnesses on the news said they had just left a bar and decided to drag race.
Posted on: 2012/3/11 16:17

bogus Re: I hate morons...
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I actually have a remote control for my stereo so I can adjust without really changing my position behind the wheel. I only use it on the freeway, because I have enough stoplights on the side streets as to no fret about it.

I have DUI'd... I admit it freely. Statue of limitations is way up on those stupid offenses. And somehow, through the grace of God, I never got stopped, never encountered a checkpoint, never had a wreck... About 6 years ago, I reassessed all of that and realized that I was pushing my luck way beyond any logical boundary and decided to stop drinking... that and my stomach just wasn't liking the shit anymore. So I am a one beer kinda guy anymore.

That's it. Period. Ask anyone.

I respect my self and loved ones too much to want to put them through that heartache, and, well, my insurance rates are really cheap. And I want to keep it that way.

A lesson to anyone: Don't do it. I got lucky; not everyone does.

The fines are killer and the embarrassment isn't any better, I suspect. Loss of license for 90 days? Explaining it to folks? yea. I don't want to go though that, EVER.

Too many innocent people are hurt by it, and I don't want nothing to do with it.
Posted on: 2012/3/11 18:52

biggrizzly Re: I hate morons...
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Andy... Been there, done that, have that T-shirt too. Not proud of it and like you, now understand the consequences of poor decisions. I was lucky as well that I never hurt anyone with the antics we pulled when I was in my early twenties. I wish there was some way to inject that experience into young people's brains and they would have an epiphany. Anyhow, I guess growth comes with experience, good or bad.
Posted on: 2012/3/11 19:26

bogus Re: I hate morons...
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

You got it... and sometimes, one must experience it to understand it.

I firmly believe, short of medical reasons, that everyone should be drunk once. That is a lifes experience. Get so trashed they are puking to the porcelain goddess and when they wake the next morning, the mother of headaches is pounding down. Great tool for discouraging it, I think.

Posted on: 2012/3/12 19:40

BillH Re: I hate morons...
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:

I firmly believe, short of medical reasons, that everyone should be drunk once. That is a lifes experience. Get so trashed they are puking to the porcelain goddess and when they wake the next morning, the mother of headaches is pounding down.

I think I did that.......at quite a few Indy 500's and a bunch of Formula 1 races.

At least I think so, really don't remember it that well.
Posted on: 2012/3/12 20:10

95Vert Re: I hate morons...
Senior Guru
Aiken, SC
440 Posts

I never did get into drinking all that much but when I joined the military, we were in an anti-alcohol mode Air Force wide and prosecuted any number of kids with DUI on base or when received off base, they usually were up for some administrative action. As a JAG who prosecuted DUI's, it was certainly something I did not want to be on the wrong side of. Besides, it was a career killer.

As a JAG, its something you could not even consider. It wasn't a big deal for me as the O'Club was never a big draw but a friend of mine got nailed for drunk driving by the German police, received the Article 15 and eventually had to go into the reserves.

I was at someone's house for dinner the other night and they were going pretty good into the champagne and then wine. Its easy to refuse based on my USAF experience now. No issue. They were also partners from a friends law firm, so there was no way I was going to drink anything and risk something embarrassing. Not that those guys didn't like to argue anything anyway!
Posted on: 2012/3/15 14:27

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.