Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
156 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60E
1994-1996, the 4L60 with Electronic Control. From what I have seen, it seems a bit more durable....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Oaklands Things everyone should know
Senior Guru
Morristown, TN
480 Posts

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee. (Hardly seems worth it.) If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb. (Now that's more like it !) The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet. (O.M.G.!) A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes. (In my next life, I want to be a pig.) A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves t O death. (Creepy.) (I'm still not over the pig.) Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories a hour ( Don't try this at home, maybe at work) The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off. (Honey, I'm home. What the...?!) The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field. (30 minutes..lucky pig! Can you imagine?) The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds. (What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?) Some lions mate over 50 times a day. (I still want to be a pig in my next life...quality over quantity) Butterflies taste with their feet. (Something I always wanted to know.) The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue. (Hmmmmmm.) Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people. (If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?) Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump .(Okay, so that would be a good thing) A cat's urine glows under a black light. (I wonder who was paid to figure that out?) An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain. ( I know some people like that.) Starfish have no brains (I know some people like that too.) Polar bears are left-handed. (If they switch, they'll live a lot longer) Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure. (What about that pig??) Now that you've smiled at least once, it's your turn to spread these crazy facts and send this to someone you want to bring a smile to, maybe even a chuckle. In other words, send it to everyone ! (and God love that pig!)
Posted on: 2008/1/9 5:38
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

cuisinartvette RE:Things everyone should know
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Quote:
If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb

Im going to try this.
Posted on: 2008/1/9 5:46

red_johnny RE:Things everyone should know
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Lucky pigs...I want some bacon.
Posted on: 2008/1/9 22:04

CSS996 RE:Things everyone should know
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Quote:

Im going to try this.

It's been done. My house is fookin' RUINED mate!
Posted on: 2008/1/9 22:11

DaleD RE:Things everyone should know
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:
flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field.

Ummmm, if the average person is 6 feet tall, the math doesn't work. 6 feet = 2 yards. 350 times 2 yards is 700 yards. A football field is 100 yards. Even if you use 5 feet for a human's body length it's 1.67 yards, and 350 x 1.67 = 584.5 yards.

Sorry, it's the nerd in me.
Posted on: 2008/1/9 22:16

CSS996 RE:Things everyone should know
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

This dude jumped 100 yards. On a dirt bike. New world record.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NikiU447Fhw[/url]
Posted on: 2008/1/9 22:19

red_johnny RE:Things everyone should know
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field.

Ummmm, if the average person is 6 feet tall, the math doesn't work. 6 feet = 2 yards. 350 times 2 yards is 700 yards. A football field is 100 yards. Even if you use 5 feet for a human's body length it's 1.67 yards, and 350 x 1.67 = 584.5 yards.

Maybe it meant to say 6 football fields
Posted on: 2008/1/9 22:33

Alcee1 RE:Things everyone should know
Guru Emeritus
Los Angeles
277 Posts

I think i'll be a lion that has orgasms like pigs :tongue:

Lets see 50 times a day times 30 min each, boy howdy!!!!

Sounds like a 24 hour orgasm........ :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
Posted on: 2008/1/9 22:59
Edlebrock Heads, 2030 cam, X-ram w/EGR, 1.6 R/R, Bored TB´s, AFPR, Pro-built Tranny, Vigilantly 2600, Transgo, Dana 44 3.54, Hardened Pushrods & Head Bolts, Custom performance chip, K&N, Double roller timing chain, Aluminum radiator & flex hose, MS

runner140 RE:Things everyone should know
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb

Im going to try this.

I think I have a head start. I've been farting for years. (consistently)
Posted on: 2008/1/9 23:57

94z07 RE:Things everyone should know
Guru
94 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Length != height.

If the average human is one foot long then the football field is 300 body lenghts. I don't think size 12 shoes are the norm though. If, however, the average shoe size is 10-10 1/2 then the math works out.
Posted on: 2008/1/10 22:02

DaleD RE:Things everyone should know
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

Length != height.

If the average human is one foot long then the football field is 300 body lenghts. I don't think size 12 shoes are the norm though. If, however, the average shoe size is 10-10 1/2 then the math works out.

Ugh. That's silly. When discussing the length of an animal, it's common practice to use the long dimension. If I lie down, is my length still 1 foot? Is a rattle snake 4" long, (cross section)?
Either the statement is misleading, or flat out wrong, either isn't good.

But it's still an entertaining article.
Posted on: 2008/1/10 22:15

94z07 RE:Things everyone should know
Guru
94 Posts

Do a lot of jumping while reclined?

You can have the last word. I'm out.
Posted on: 2008/1/10 22:27

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.