Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
198 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

teebee Chat it up Sat. 9-14-2014
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys....I wonder where everyone is?
Posted on: 2014/9/13 12:51

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Chat it up Sat. 9-14-2014
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

I slept in a little bit. It's chilly this morning, but not as cold as yesterday, 40 right now, but clear. I didn't go to the game last night, didn't really feel like driving 2 hours to get there and sit in the cold stands, then drive back. So I took the #2 daughters car up to school to put new brakes on her car. Something was sounding terrible, so I bought new pads and rotors all round. Got it up on the lift and pulled all four tires off and decided to start on the fronts. Pulled the caliper off and it looks like new pads and rotors! So I put that one back together and decide to go to the back. Pull the caliper and find no pad at all....metal on metal. AHHHHHH, there's my grinding sound. So my brake job got quite a bit easier.

Other than that mot much going on. I have work to do in the shop and brake parts to return, so I better get to it.
Posted on: 2014/9/13 12:59

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Chat it up Sat. 9-14-2014
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7647 Posts

THAT KANSAS COOL HAS DRIFTED DOWN INTO THE NATIONS. 54 DEGREES THIS MORNING. LOOKS TO ME LIKE SUMMER IS OVER ALREADY. THAT'S OK BY ME, I WAS GETTING BORED WITH IT :-)
Posted on: 2014/9/13 13:48

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Chat it up Sat. 9-14-2014
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

Holy Cow it was 36 degrees this AM when I let the dog out and got the paper. That will get your attention...didn't seem to do any damage to the plants though...it takes 3 or 4 hours at 27 degrees to be a killing frost...

The Huskers game isn't until 9:30 Central tonight...like I'm going to make it all the way through that one without nodding off in the big chair....but you never know.....it is the Huskers....they play at Fresno State out in California....after last week I have no predictions...

I see Adrian Peterson from the Vikings was arrested for child abuse for using a switch to give a spanking to one of his kids.....ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME.....Hell we would have gladly traded off a switch for the old man's belt he would spank us with. I can still remember the sound of it whipping off his pants as he swated us on the butt with it....used on the buns and not viciously it was and still is a deterent to not doing the right thing. I probably only got two spankings when I was young but I know I didn't like them and did what I had to do not get another....geez...WTF....

Have a safe day Guru's.....
Posted on: 2014/9/13 14:18

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Chat it up Sat. 9-14-2014
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Endless summer here in the deep south. The rain gave rise to the water table so the pond guy can't set the pvc pipes till it drops or maybe he'll do it on he side, let it dry, then drop it in. Going to an 80 year olds b-day party tonight. Seeing some folks we haven't seen in years. Today I'm going to putter around the house. There is stuff that needs to be done and maybe I'll do some of it. Enough chooting the chit. I can be doing something .......... or not.
Posted on: 2014/9/13 14:23

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

I know what you mean Marcus. When we heard that sound, we knew we were in for it. And, like you, I didn't enjoy the spanking, so I toed the line (most of the time ).
Posted on: 2014/9/13 14:32

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

I see Adrian Peterson from the Vikings was arrested for child abuse for using a switch to give a spanking to one of his kids.....ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME.....Hell we would have gladly traded off a switch for the old man's belt he would spank us with. I can still remember the sound of it whipping off his pants as he swated us on the butt with it....used on the buns and not viciously it was and still is a deterent to not doing the right thing. I probably only got two spankings when I was young but I know I didn't like them and did what I had to to now get another....geez...WTF....

Kids today need love, understanding and positive reinforcement. Time outs, taking away the three year olds i-phone and video game systems often produces positive results for at least 10 minutes. Another solid form of punishment is that you threaten to assign them chores.
Posted on: 2014/9/13 14:32

GRIS Re: Chat it up Sat. 9-14-2014
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7647 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
I see Adrian Peterson from the Vikings was arrested for child abuse for using a switch to give a spanking to one of his kids.....ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME.....Hell we would have gladly traded off a switch for the old man's belt

BELTS SEEM TO BE A PATERNAL PREFERENCE. DOUBLED UP THEY MAKE A MORE IMPRESSIVE NOISE AND LESS PAIN. THE LATTER GOES UNNOTICED BY THE RECIPIENT. MY MATERNAL GRANDMOTHER, WHO HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY ARCHETYPE OF FEMALE VIRTUE, PREFERRED A HACKBERRY SWITCH. HAVING REARED SIX SONS SHE KNEW JUST WHAT A LITTLE BOY NEEDED TO STAY ON THE STRAIGHT AND NARROW :-)
Posted on: 2014/9/13 16:36

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Just hope she didn't hack the berries.
Posted on: 2014/9/13 16:55

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Just hope she didn't hack the berries.

Posted on: 2014/9/13 16:59

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Chat it up Sat. 9-14-2014
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Been busy since the git-go, with work-related stuff. I have plenty of other junk to get done around here, too. Meanwhile, the Vikings never seem to be short on drama.

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2014/9/13 18:13

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

vetteblondie Re: Chat it up Sat. 9-14-2014
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Crabapple tree switches, extension cords, scrap pieces of wood, wooden spoons.. Whatever my mamma got her hands on usually is what she chased me with. I learned to hide underneath the house with the dog quite early ... Was told if get fleas.. I said if they were ok for the dog to have then they were fine for me
Posted on: 2014/9/14 2:47

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

It's been a busy day. Worked in the shop a while then at the daughters "new: house. Then went to the "city" to get some more things for her house, then back for church and then back over to her house for more little "projects". I'm tired and grumpy....yes, a grumpy old man.
Posted on: 2014/9/14 4:09

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
I'm tired and grumpy....yes, a grumpy old man.

Crabapple ............ Good morning Mr.Crabtree.
Posted on: 2014/9/14 13:33

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.