Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
256 user(s) are online (206 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Transverse Leaf Spring
(TLS) A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it functions similarly to two ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Notorious Wake up everyone, grab a cup of coffee.....
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Or if you prefer, cappuccino like I'm drinking. It's a beautiful but chilly morning, 35 degrees here. I'll go out and get a fire going in the shop in a little bit. Before long it'll be nice in there and I'll get a couple of things done on the Vette. Who knows, I might even clean up the place a little. But in the meantime, lets enjoy our java and chat. :thumbleft:
Posted on: 2008/1/27 14:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

red_johnny RE:Wake up everyone, grab a cup of coffee.....
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Twas cold here too. Woke up to frost covering everything out side. You know, my vette runs like poo on a cold morning. Partly cause of the carb and the other part is my shifter, dont like to shift right in the cold. Once it gets warmed up it shifts like a wet dream though.
Posted on: 2008/1/27 14:26

Notorious RE:Wake up everyone, grab a cup of coffee.....
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:
Twas cold here too. Woke up to frost covering everything out side. You know, my vette runs like poo on a cold morning. Partly cause of the carb and the other part is my shifter, dont like to shift right in the cold. Once it gets warmed up it shifts like a wet dream though.

Mine's still injected so no worries there. Of course I wouldn't romp it until the oil's nice and warm. But it gets a head start. I have an oil pan heater that I plug in and is on a timer. It comes on about 2:00 AM. I want to add a coolant heater too.
Posted on: 2008/1/27 14:35

Alcee1 RE:Wake up everyone, grab a cup of coffee.....
Guru Emeritus
Los Angeles
277 Posts

Its been raining like crazy here, but im up, got my coffee and heres my 2 bits. Its sunday and like every other sunday im going to church, I sing on the praise team so thats what i'll be doing this morning. When I get home i'll spend some time in the garage. Every since I fixed that short and a few other things with the C4 its been running great (im loving it). Havent been driving the C5 much but I plan on putting it in the shop soon for some custom body work and graphics, got to get it ready for the next car show season. Heres a thought, wouldn't be something for the patriots to win all season and loose the superbowl they probably won't but wouldn't be something. Enjoy your java. :thumbright:
Posted on: 2008/1/27 14:44
Edlebrock Heads, 2030 cam, X-ram w/EGR, 1.6 R/R, Bored TB´s, AFPR, Pro-built Tranny, Vigilantly 2600, Transgo, Dana 44 3.54, Hardened Pushrods & Head Bolts, Custom performance chip, K&N, Double roller timing chain, Aluminum radiator & flex hose, MS

cuisinartvette RE:Wake up everyone, grab a cup of coffee.....
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Been up having coffee since 5:30..Guess its going to be too wet to work so its out to the garage to try and finish up a few things and try and get the body back on the 67.
Posted on: 2008/1/27 14:57

Notorious RE:Wake up everyone, grab a cup of coffee.....
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Well Alcee, put in a good word for all of us pagans. I'd love to see the Giants beat the Pats, but I doubt it too.

Ron, is that the perpetual El Camino project you're talking about? So where's it stand overall? I love those things.
Posted on: 2008/1/27 15:11

biggrizzly RE:Wake up everyone, grab a cup of coffee.....
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Sunny Sunday morning here in the Nation's Capitol - Feels like 40-45 degrees. Nice day. I'm heading to Northern VA to help my sister move into a new house. The Navy already moved the heavy stuff so, I get to sit on the couch and watch TV with my BrotherInLaw and Dad while the gals arrange the kitchen stuff! :tongue:
Posted on: 2008/1/27 15:30

jsup RE:Wake up everyone, grab a cup of coffee.....
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Cold here, hoping to get my fuel lines off today. The garage is insulated and attached to the house, covered on all but one side. I have a heater. It's not bad at all.
Posted on: 2008/1/27 15:34

CasetheCorvetteman RE:Wake up everyone, grab a cup of coffee.....
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Its after 1:30am, its hot, and im grabbing a beer...
Posted on: 2008/1/27 15:35

pianoguy RE:Wake up everyone, grab a cup of coffee.....
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I slept in good today, just finished my first cup. Gonna be a balmy 40 here today, but it isn't going to last. Projected high for Wednesday is 2

3 more weeks until we escape this crap for sunny Puerto Vallarta, and then only a couple weeks after we get back, I'm bringing the Vette home to start on all my projects.
Posted on: 2008/1/27 15:40

Touringmike RE:Wake up everyone, grab a cup of coffee.....
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

We'll get the warmer weather tomorrow.
Sunny and 10 degrees right now. Supposed to get up to 35.

Gonna change the oil and grease the fittings on the family truckster and the daughter's car today.
Might wash some of the salt off, if it does warm up.
Posted on: 2008/1/27 16:04

smooth RE:Wake up everyone, grab a cup of coffee.....
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

Its around 20 after 11 here in eastern Pennsylvania a and its still 25 degrees. Wish Casey could share some of that southern hemisphere heat!I'm about 4 cups into this day and need to get moving. The South Jersey and southeastern Pa guys from that other forum are meeting for lunch at one of the member's pizza joints in Nj. Its supposed to be a" Take your Wife to lunch" thing but I can't get Patti to budge out of the Warm robe sitting next to the fireplace. Might have to go myself unless I get guilted into helping with the house work.....I really need to do the c5 brake conversion. I have all of the parts.....the garage is effin' cold though.

Have a great day folks
Posted on: 2008/1/27 16:31

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.