Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
236 user(s) are online (196 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TH350
Automatic Transmission - 3 Speed

1st Gear: 2.52
2nd Gear: 1.52
3rd Gear: 1.00

- Used in production GM models from 1969 thru 1979.
- 13 Bolt ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 07.26.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Had a nice little BBQ yesterday with the family. Both sets of grandparents were over so the kids got to see everyone. Spent a good 2 hours in the pool with the kids and my dad got in with them as well which was nice. After that a ton of food off the grill, then some coffee and desserts. Couldn't ask for a better day.

Looks like it will be some nice weather today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/7/26 10:50

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 07.26.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys....It was hot yesterday and through most of the night. We went over to the next town (where the car show and parade were) as they had a big fireworks display. This was all an "After Harvest Celebration" Sat out on the school's lawn and watched the fireworks with some friends. It was hot and muggy.

Today not much planned. I do have some work that I could do in the shop, but I'm trying to wean myself from working weekends and evenings, so I won't burn myself out. Before retirement, I had to do that in order to keep up. I have to train myself that I will have the time now.

Supposed to be hot again today and tomorrow, but then a little break for a few days.
Posted on: 2015/7/26 13:57

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 07.26.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! We have to venture into enemy territory today - heading over to Wisconsin for a baptism. Once we are safely behind enemy lines, I plan to procure a couple cases of Spotted Cow - they don't sell New Glarus beer outside of Wisconsin. Maybe I'll nab some cheese curds while I'm over there, too.

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2015/7/26 14:23

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 07.26.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14737 Posts

geez Brad I hope you wear good camouflage......like some yellow and green and hope you guys have cheeseheads......I have heard what they do to folks from other lands.......not pretty.....one time we sent a bunch of guys up there to fight it out with a bunch of their guys.....and they whipped our asses in front of everyone....it was horrible to watch.......be careful......

Got back from the family gathering.....everyone just keeps getting older and their kids bigger.....I don't get it.....we always look like we are in our 30's....

the car ran perfect and the door is working like new........and the new parts are not even in yet......hmmmm......I shot in some WD-40 in to the latch mechanism and a couple of days later it works great......we will see if it lasts......I think I will cancel the parts....that will be the true test.

real summer hot here, we had a picnic by a lake around noon today and it was still nice and cool in the shade.......its nice to hang with the family every now and then......

I feel a nap coming on..........stay focused on having fun Guru's.....

Posted on: 2015/7/26 21:15

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

rklessdriver Re: Sunday Chat 07.26.15
Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

Started the day off good. Took Elsie to breakfast at the VFW in the 72. On the way home get chased down by a guy that wanted to tell us how bad ass he thought the 72 was.

I thought I was just going to relax today but my next door neighbor was trying to fix some wiring on his 66 427 by him self.

Now the last time he did something to it the wiring harness caught fire.... hence why it was broken... of course he left it outside parked on the street for like a year... I finally convinced him that he's a criminal for doing so and he cleaned up one side of his garage a few weeks ago. Then goes to start the car and battery is junk...he puts in a new battery and burns the harness up.....

So I crawled around under it and found that the positive battery cable had shorted out burning the main interior harness power wire near the starter. Cut it off and put a new ring terminal on it, new battery cables along with a little bit of rerouting of the harness. Shrink tubing on all the terminals. Cleaned everything up real nice.

Got it running and sure enough carb is slightly screwed up from sitting so long. Accelerator pump not working. Going to order a kit and fix the carb when it comes in.

I did pick up the water pump gasket for my 92 but after fixing the 66 on top of every thing else, I'm too tired to work on it. Maybe one night this week after work.

It's been a tough weekend. I'm looking forward to the relaxation of regular work.
Will
Posted on: 2015/7/26 23:19

1972 Corvette. LS5 454 BBC with M20 4 speed.
Best Pass - Doing good to just pass a gas station.

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 07.26.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14737 Posts

......He left a 66 BB Corvette out on the street for a year and nobody stole it??? Do we need a Corvette intervention here? A rescue perhaps.....how much does he want for it.....??

.....just wondering.......
Posted on: 2015/7/27 0:57

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: Sunday Chat 07.26.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

THE SUN IS GOING DOWN ON THE NATIONS, HOT, STILL TOO HUMID BUT THE GROUND IS DRYING OUT SOME.

DAY TWO AT THE SHOW WAS PRETTY MUCH A REPLAY OF DAY ONE, ALTHOUGH I DID SELL THE PPK #1 GRANDDAUGHTER REJECTED. CAME HOME WITH MORE MONEY THAN I WENT WITH, AN UNUSUAL OCCURRENCE FOR ME :-)
Posted on: 2015/7/27 1:08

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
......He left a 66 BB Corvette out on the street for a year and nobody stole it??? Do we need a Corvette intervention here? A rescue perhaps.....how much does he want for it.....??

Thinking the same thing, Marcus.
Posted on: 2015/7/27 2:56

Resized Image

rklessdriver Re: Sunday Chat 07.26.15
Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Yes he did and no one stole it.... Milano Maroon 66 427 425hp 4spd.... Roadster.

He did put one of those $25 Wal-Mart covers over it.

Won't ever sell it. A family member left it to him. He doesn't really have a clue what it is or what its worth other than it's old rare Corvette.

He's a great guy. Just doesn't know that much about cars. Now he knows better than this and he knows he needs to keep it inside... he just need the garage space for other stuff and kinda let it go on for too long. I finally badgered him enough about it and got him back on track.

He also has a 76 Corvette that has a front pump seal leaking like crazy in the transmission.... someday when I have time I have to help him get the tranny out so I can take it to my builder.
Will
Posted on: 2015/7/27 13:00

1972 Corvette. LS5 454 BBC with M20 4 speed.
Best Pass - Doing good to just pass a gas station.

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Other than the color, it is my dream Corvette. Jeeeez.
Posted on: 2015/7/28 3:51

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.