Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
261 user(s) are online (224 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ASR
Automatic Slip Regulation; ie traction control.

Standard on all C4s starting in 1992....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Friday Chat 04.08.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Wanted to drive the Vette to work today but the forecast is cold with rain and possible snow. Bummer. It's April, so I'm wondering where the spring weather is? It's about 33* out right now. Not very "springy".

Kids had a wonderful time on Wednesday. We visited the Jelly Belly factory in the morning and they got to go on a little train ride tour. After that was the jelly bean store and they had some samples and we bought a few baggies of goodies. Then we drove over to the water park and checked in. Kids swam for hours and hours. They both liked the tube slide quite a bit. We took a few breaks here and there to rest and eat, and our room was three doors down from the entrance to the pool so it was perfect. They really enjoyed themselves and it wore them out.

Yesterday my buddy brought over his brand new 2016 M3 4 door. He bought the BMW lower chin spoiler and some carbon fiber splitters to install. It involves the drilling of about 20 holes in the bumper and cutting the lower air shields. He doesn't have all the tools necessary and wanted some help. I was glad to cut up a brand new BMW! Actually, it was a nice compliment that he trusted me enough to do so. Aside from some spotty instructions, it went well and looks great.

photo 20160407_134119.jpg

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2016/4/8 11:40

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 04.08.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! Glad it's Friday, I'm ready. Cold and dreary again, same old, same old. The forecast for Monday (when I'll be going to the Twins game in the afternoon) is calling for a high of 41. But at least it will be breezy.

Great job, Matt!

Hope everyone has smooth sailing into the weekend!
Posted on: 2016/4/8 12:22

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Friday Chat 04.08.16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12369 Posts

Morning guys...The trip to KC was basically uneventful. Not a lot this morning, but have the Woodworking show this afternoon, and a swim meet this evening (#1 GD).

Nice ride Matt, that's a pretty penny's worth. Enjoy the game Brad, 41 and breezy....sounds delightful!
Posted on: 2016/4/8 13:00

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 04.08.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14747 Posts

...never could understand why they didn't build a dome over the new baseball field.....

Nice work Matt.....I'd trust you with my cars......and would keep busy looking at all your tools......while you did all the work...

Today we must also work...right now the wind is not blowing so it should not be as miserable as it was yesterday.......holy moly it was miserable outside....

Have a safe and sound day Guru's.......
Posted on: 2016/4/8 13:13

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: Friday Chat 04.08.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7661 Posts

SUNNY, CALM, AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, A GOOD DAY TO PIDDLE AROUND IN THE YARD. NEED TO TRIM UP SOME BUSHES, BUT THE GAS TRIMMER PLAYS HELL WITH MY ARTHRITIC SHOULDERS. OH WELL, GOTTA BE DONE :-(
Posted on: 2016/4/8 13:48

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Resized Image
Posted on: 2016/4/8 14:23

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 04.08.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Yard clean up continues. It's a 1 week plus thing that gets done twice a year. I like to have everything under control before summer gets here. That way all I have to do is mow and weed whack. Front yard is getting there on day 2.
Posted on: 2016/4/8 17:13

Huskerland
14747 Posts

My local dealer called me and said they had a brand new 2015 C7 Z51 7M Daytona Sunrise Orange 2LT Black interior with Competition seats.....Chrome Wheels......nice car I have seen it......don't know about the competition seats though for touring......stickers at $71K they will take $51K for it........that's 20 grand off......... Just passing along the info.........I am staying where I'm at for now.........

Posted on: 2016/4/8 20:28

GRIS Re: Friday Chat 04.08.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7661 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
My local dealer called me and said they had a brand new 2015 C7 Z51 7M Daytona Sunrise Orange 2LT Black interior with Competition seats.....Chrome Wheels......nice car I have seen it......don't know about the competition seats though for touring......stickers at $71K they will take $51K for it........that's 20 grand off......... Just passing along the info.........I am staying where I'm at for now.........

I'D RUSH RIGHT UP AND BUY IT, BUT THEN I'D HAVE TO STAY UP THERE AND LIVE WITH YOU ALL. YOU'D LOAN ME THE MONEY FOR THE LAWYER, RIGHT?--- HELL, SHE'D PROBABLY GET THE CAR IN THE DIVORCE---JUST FORGET IT---

I GOT DONE BEFORE THE TRIMMING GOT DONE THIS AFTERNOON. THERE'S ALWAYS ANOTHER DAY :-/
Posted on: 2016/4/9 0:37

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Matatk Re: Friday Chat 04.08.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Terrible day here weather-wise...changed from sun to cloud to sun to snow to rain back to sun....multiple times throughout the day and in the course of minutes in some cases. Unreal. Did get the vette outthis evening after work and went to visit mom and dad.

Marcus, sounds like a decent price....I think that might be your new color!
Posted on: 2016/4/9 1:43

Huskerland
14747 Posts

....Matt, I would not be the shining example of common sense and conservatism that my wife thinks I am if I showed up back here with a new Corvette............now a new Harley that may be a different story............because we all know that Ladies love outlaws.....and there is one more thing.....I got the pink slip Daddy....comen off the line when the light turns green.....hmmmm hmmmm.....sing it with me now....well she blows em outa the water like you never seen.......I get pushed outa shape and it gets hard to steer when I catch rubber in all 4 gears......you know the rest.......that's my GS......Nice!

Posted on: 2016/4/9 2:17

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I'm pretty sure Marcus should get that Vette, and then order up that wagon hatch from Callaway.
Posted on: 2016/4/9 3:05

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Who doesn't like to save 20K? You can buy it, bring it home and say. Honey, I just saved us a ton of money.
Posted on: 2016/4/9 14:17

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

By the way, it's not the 51 k that bugs me. It's the taxes and after-charges that really piss me off. My state would get another $3500+ in taxes, then there is tag , title, dealer fees. That 51K goes up real fast.
Posted on: 2016/4/9 14:20

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

By the way, it's not the 51 k that bugs me. It's the taxes and after-charges that really piss me off. My state would get another $3500+ in taxes, then there is tag , title, dealer fees. That 51K goes up real fast.

Agreed. Last time I was toying with the idea of getting a much newer one, I decided I much prefer paying the state $50 a year for license plates for the old one to handing them thousands for a newer one.
Posted on: 2016/4/9 14:40

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.