Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
285 user(s) are online (245 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Ultraman, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  National Corvette Museum
The mission of the National Corvette Museum is to celebrate the Corvette's invention, and preserve the legendary automobile's past, present, and futu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Friday Chat 04.22.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Haven't been around much lately. Early this week dad's mental state started slipping a bit. We had to admit him to the hospital on Sunday to get him checked out. They are trying to manage his meds to get him stable. After that he might be in a nursing home short term. Don't know yet. I'd like to get him home as soon as possible with some home healthcare to assist. So between that and work and family, it's been a rough week. Hopefully once he gets on track with the correct meds and he's good to go, things will settle down a bit.

I'll go see him today to check in. Other than that we have a busy weekend planned.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2016/4/22 12:02

teebee TGIFriday Chat 04.22.2016
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Morning guys...It's Friday! Going to the 'city' this morning. Rosie has an appointment and I need to pick up some trim that matches the door I built so I can stain it the same time as the door.

Looks to be a sunny day here again and they are predicting upper 70's and little wind again.

Have a great day!
Posted on: 2016/4/22 12:03

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: TGIFriday Chat 04.22.2016
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Happy Friday! Glad it is here, it's been a long week. Or at least the days have seemed to fly by at a slower pace.

Hope the Gurus have clear sailing into the weekend!
Posted on: 2016/4/22 12:23

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: TGIFriday Chat 04.22.2016
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14747 Posts

a beauteous day here on the Great Plains......as the work kicks into overdrive.....I am keeping busy......it's real difficult to get out of bed in the morning.....is that normal? Just wondering.....

I have not even looked at the GS for about 2 weeks or longer.....I better start paying it some attention......

Have a gratuitos day my fellow Guru's......
Posted on: 2016/4/22 13:02

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: Friday Chat 04.22.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7661 Posts

SUNNY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, PREDICTED HIGH OF 76. THE CHEROKEES APPROVE OF THAT.

AS SOME MAY HAVE GUESSED, THE WEED-EATING LOST OUT YESTERDAY TO A TRIP TO THE RANGE. GOT THE RIFLE ON LINE FOR WINDAGE BUT COULDN'T GET ELEVATION RIGHT. HAD TO COME HOME AND DO SOME STOCK SURGERY.

TODAY DARLING WIFE AND I WILL MAKE A RUN DOWN OLD HW66 TO OKC IN THE BUMBLEBEE. THEN I'LL GO ON TO ALTUS TO SEE AN OLD FRIEND VISITING FROM OUT OF STATE, WHILE SHE VISITS BABY DAUGHTER.
Posted on: 2016/4/22 14:03

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: TGIFriday Chat 04.22.2016
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

GMCG's

Skin cancer doc says all looks good. See them again in 6 months. Got most of the floor in place in the shed. Have a couple of end pieces to cut, add some more screws and fix an overcut I made. I put down 3/4" p/t plytanium. They sure make 3/4" plywood sheets a lot heavier than they did 35 years ago .... or so it would appear. I wanted to do T1-11 but even painted that stuff doesn't survive well in this tropical climate. Think I'm gonna do the exterior walls in p/t plywood then mold and paint it. It will last longer and still look pretty after painting. Wifey's upset because I won't let her help me. We're not partners and other . I told her we can do different things still working together toward the common goal. It's not that she doesn't have plenty of other things to do. Of course, she spots EVERY mistake. Asks me "Why don't you do this? and "Why don't you do that?" "Why don't you put the A/C over here?" FIL and MIL ask me Why don't you put a bathroom in it? Aunt asked "Why don't you have your son help you build it?" THE REASON IS BECAUSE I WANT TO DO IT ALONE, THE WAY I WANT TO DO IT, WITHOUT PEOPLE TELLING ME WHAT THEY THINK I SHOULD DO. I have MY plan, thank you very much. It's a project, like a hobby, where I can escape and get lost in what I'm doing WITHOUT outside interference. This may sound selfish, and it probably is. Guess that's why they call it "me time". It's all about me .

PS I don't want to rent it out to Europeans on holiday, I don't want to take in family members and give them a place to live, I just want to build a place to store some antiques. Get it. Got it. Good!
Posted on: 2016/4/22 14:21

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 04.22.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Tommy, I think it should have a wet bar and a big screen TV and a urinal.

Mojo for your dad, Matt.
Posted on: 2016/4/22 14:31

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 04.22.16
Huskerland
14747 Posts

I do know what you are going through with your Dad Matt...it's ongoing with my Mom and Step Dad....there are not a lot of self help books or You Tube vids on the subject because every situation is different.....and always changing......Mojo and prayers for your Dad and you and yours......
Posted on: 2016/4/22 14:37

Huskerland
14747 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

You can call it the office.....where you going Tommy? Out to the office to do some work.....
Posted on: 2016/4/22 14:40

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 04.22.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

I like how you both think. Maybe a nice surround sound system with a c/d dvd player. Now THAT'S a GREAT suggestion. Maybe I could start drinking again ........ Maybe not .....
Posted on: 2016/4/22 14:41

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 04.22.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Sorry to hear of your father's current health issues, Matt. I hope for the best.
Posted on: 2016/4/22 14:45

Huskerland
14747 Posts

Got the mowing done......took me forever......had to do it myself is why....all the help was busy.......have to plan better.......
Posted on: 2016/4/23 0:00

teebee Re: Friday Chat 04.22.16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Got back from the 'city' and went right to work. Got things stained and then decided that the pickup needed to be washed (it was filthy). Spent about two hours cleaning it up. Then came in to watch the Royals kick the O's.

While in the 'city', I went by to look at stereo upgrades for the pickup. Never would have thought about it except they (SiriusXM) shut off the service. It's been working since I bought the truck and I've never paid for it. I thought it must have been a lifetime commitment from the previous owner. Last Friday, I was working and drove home for lunch and when I went back to work after lunch the radio (XM) was shut off. Anyway, I figured I may as well upgrade the radio to more modern technology. I think I decided on a Pioneer unit (kind of split between two models). Going to have it installed this week.
Posted on: 2016/4/23 3:43

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.