Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
267 user(s) are online (240 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

GRIS SUNNY SUNDAY 24 APR 16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7661 Posts

SUNNY,COOL & BREEZY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. THE CHEROKEES ARE SLEEPING IN, JUST LIKE THE GURUS.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER THAT THIS YEAR MARKS THE 500TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE "REINHEITSGBOT" GUARANTEEING THE PURITY OF GERMAN BEER.

"He who has no beer, has nothing to drink."
Martin Luther
Posted on: 2016/4/24 13:20

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: SUNNY SUNDAY 24 APR 16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12369 Posts

Morning guys....Yea, sleeping in. It is sunny here too. looks like a carbon copy of yesterday. I'm going out to the shop to spray some finish.
Posted on: 2016/4/24 13:29

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: SUNNY SUNDAY 24 APR 16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14747 Posts

Not sunny here...and looks like the potential to have some big storms brewing......Uwoman wants me to plant some trees with her this afternoon......I told her I would check my schedule......she said I got your schedule right here as she made a fist.....oh...look a cancellation at 2 o'clock how fortunate......

I got a new bottle of Rejex yesterday so one of these days I should put it to use......still debating coming out of retirement on car shows for our big church car show in May......we shall see....

Have a ponderous day Guru's.......I did have a pathetic attempt at sleeping in today, I must double my efforts.......
Posted on: 2016/4/24 13:57

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: SUNNY SUNDAY 24 APR 16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! Today also marks Mrs. Pianoguy's and my completion of 40 laps around the sun together. Last night my oldest son and his girlfriend took us out to dinner. When we got back, the house was full of friends and family - they pulled off a great surprise. We had a wonderful evening, lots of laughs.

Enjoy the day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2016/4/24 15:35

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: SUNNY SUNDAY 24 APR 16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Congrats on 40 years of marital bliss. A milestone indeed.

The other I day Sue and I went to the theater to see Criminal. It was OK. Not great, not terrible. I walked up and looked at the ticket cost, $9.75, and asked for two tickets. Gave the girl a twenty and got $6.50 change. Hhmmm. Looked at the tickets and found she gave us the seniors discount for both me AND Sue. That's nice but the senior discount is for age 65 and older. That made it a thing to go "Hhhmmmmm" being that I'm 60 and Sue is 54. Thank you young lady ......... I think .......
Posted on: 2016/4/24 16:48

GRIS Re: SUNNY SUNDAY 24 APR 16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7661 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Hidey-ho! Today also marks Mrs. Pianoguy's and my completion of 40 laps around the sun together. Last night my oldest son and his girlfriend took us out to dinner. When we got back, the house was full of friends and family - they pulled off a great surprise. We had a wonderful evening, lots of laughs.

Enjoy the day, Gurus!

CONGRATULATIONS.

AIN'T IT GREAT WHEN KIDS IMPROVE WITH AGE? :-)
Posted on: 2016/4/24 19:07

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Huskerland
14747 Posts

Very cool Brad.....what a great gift to you guys......congrats on 40 years and I am rising a cold Busch N/A in your direction to the next 40.....very nice!
Posted on: 2016/4/24 19:15

Huskerland
14747 Posts

Tommy...its the don't ask don't tell thing......just smile and put the change in your pocket then go get a small popcorn and a medium diet cola for ten bucks........yikes!.......
Posted on: 2016/4/24 19:17

vetteblondie Re: SUNNY SUNDAY 24 APR 16
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4653 Posts

Congrats on the anniversary! I admire people that can do that. Body shop owner and his wife just had I think their 42nd..
That's almost as long as I've been alive. Damn.
We took the weekend off again - or tried to. Drove to a nearby lake I used to camp at a lot yesterday and drove all of it and then some. Greers Ferry Lake and Little Red River. The campsites I remember were still closed till mid May but I plan to find them. I have a "summer home" tent, I think it's a 17x17 or so, front half of it makes a screened room, back half you can put a queen bed in each side with a divider and still have room for walking and junk. Has a 4x4 zippered attaching shower house, I have a shower bag and a portable fold up potty too. Have a fold up picnic table and my air bed is on a fold up riser thingy so it looks like a regular bed. I don't mess around when camping lol. We plan to figure out how to board 5 dogs and take a long weekend and rent a pontoon or find a cheap one to buy sometime - if we ever find me a truck....
Happy Sunday everyone.
Posted on: 2016/4/25 0:48

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: SUNNY SUNDAY 24 APR 16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Thanks, everyone! We went to Manny's tonight - they say "If the martinis don't knock you over, the bill will." It was fabulous - if you're ever in Minneapolis, be sure to go:

http://www.mannyssteakhouse.com/index.php

Letty, that sounds like our kind of camping - we haven't been in years, but we always took all the comforts of home. The Taj maPianoguy is up on a shelf in the garage somewhere.
Posted on: 2016/4/25 0:54

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

j3studio Re: SUNNY SUNDAY 24 APR 16
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Congratulations, Brad!

Posted on: 2016/4/25 1:17

TommyT-Bone Re: SUNNY SUNDAY 24 APR 16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

The closest I get to camping nowadays is a Holiday Inn. The hike is to the closest Denny's, IHOP or Cracker Barrel to get a skillet breakfast.
Posted on: 2016/4/25 4:27

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.