Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
292 user(s) are online (279 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Friday Chat 04.29.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Does anyone have the number to a plumber? Apparently TB is having some issues

Weather turned to crap here. 80 and sunny went to 50s and rain. Saaaaahweet. I just want some consistency and a little sun.

Tomorrow is the big day for RR#1. She is making her first communion in the morning. After that we are having a shin-dig at an Italian restaurant with about 45-50 people. It will be a good time. We picked that place because the food is fantastic. Family coming in from out of town and everything.

Went and visited dad for a couple of hours yesterday. He did know it was me so that's a good thing, but was in his own world for a bit. The staff seems to take good care of the residents, though, so that is reassuring. I spoke to several of the aides while I was there and they all seemed genuine and helpful. I like that. Makes it easier for us mentally/emotionally.

Hope everyone has a great day! Happy Friday!

Matthew
Posted on: 2016/4/29 11:43

GRIS Re: Friday Chat 04.29.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7643 Posts

GLAD TO SEE OUR SITE BACK UP. RAIN, THUNDER, LIGHTNING AM GRISHEIM AT THE MOMENT. HAD SOME DOOZY HAIL STORMS IN SW OKLAHOMA, BASEBALL TO GRAPEFRUIT SIZE. :-0. NOT GOOD FOR YOUR PAINT JOB, THAT.

Posted on: 2016/4/29 23:36

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 04.29.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

Hey the Guru is back.......where did it go?

Big doings in your world matt......enjoy the family.....and I also know about the peace of mind when your people are being well tended to....

I got back late from seeing Mom last night.....she was much better physically and mentally. We actually talked politics which she was fired up to do....old school conservative republicans they are.....

I will be moving them to another facility in town when their new rooms are ready. Got all the evaluations done and the place and people checked out to my satisfaction and asked some tuff questions and they had the right answers......it will be half what they are spending now which is around 12K per month.......which is ridiculous........I like the new place....very sunny and bright and the workers are all easy to talk to and get along with.......makes me feel better that we are on a new track and heading in a good direction...

Uboys roomy was awake today and does have hand movement and he said he can move his toes but that has not been official yet......still waiting and praying for his complete recovery......him and his twin brother are the good kids of today.....love their country and are not screw ups......more as it develops........

Good night Guru's.....
Posted on: 2016/4/29 23:36

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 04.29.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! I tried to check in several times earlier, but the casters were always pointing skyward. Glad it is Friday.

Big day indeed for your young'n, Matt! And that sounds like some good news, Marcus.

Enjoy the weekend, Gurus!
Posted on: 2016/4/30 0:56

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 04.29.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2016/4/30 0:58

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Friday Chat 04.29.16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

It is good to see the site back up, tried off and on all day. It's been raining here all day. We've had over two inches today. Perfect weather as far as I am concerned. Finally we are not so dry.

Rosie and I helped out with the fifth grade "Pioneer Day" at the local museum. Rosie helped with the "tin punch" and I gave a little demonstration on old time woodworking, read that hand tools. I even let each student bore a hole in their own little piece of wood with a brace and bit. I made it educational....you know, the teacher in me hasn't left yet.

Yup, first communions are a big deal. Good to hear Marcus. Are you bringing them up there, or is this a different place in Kansas? Hope the good news continues for Uboys' friend. Gris, that is some big time hail.
Posted on: 2016/4/30 3:06

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 04.29.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I was MIA due to technical difficulties.
Posted on: 2016/4/30 14:23

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.