Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
267 user(s) are online (204 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L80E
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 2.43
2nd Gear: 1.49
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.75

Reverse: 2.07

- Used in production GM models...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman thumping Thursday......
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14755 Posts

My head is thumping anyway......got early truck runs yesterday and today and tomorrow......trying to get to Lincoln by 5:30 to avoid the lines.....then on to Nebraska City to load Potash back to a small village in the middle of the State.......this is starting to feel like real work......The old Pete is running real fine though.....getting almost 5 mpg......niiiiice!

Have a safe day Guru's.....

Posted on: 2016/10/27 9:41

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: thumping Thursday......
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Thump thump!

Posted on: 2016/10/27 12:54

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Rise and shine. I don't know too much about the shine part but I got the rise part taken care of for today. Gonna do some stuff. Hundreds of hours of work to choose from. Seeing that the agriculture inspector is inspecting the nurseries tomorrow I think I should do something about the nursery behind the house. Off we go ...........
Posted on: 2016/10/27 13:00

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
then on to Nebraska City to load Potash back to a small village in the middle of the State.......

I didn't know Nebraska was so big on pot smoking that they saved all the ash. By truckloads no less. I could see Seattle, Denver or parts of California, but Nebraska? What's the number one cash crop in Nebraska now?

Attach file:

jpg  marijuana_field.jpg (288.50 KB)
852_5811fc61ab7bc.jpg 468X289 px
Posted on: 2016/10/27 13:04

istter1 Re: thumping Thursday......
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Yesterday sucked today has to be better
Posted on: 2016/10/27 13:23

GRIS Re: thumping Thursday......
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7675 Posts

Quote:

istter1 wrote:
Yesterday sucked today has to be better

OPTIMIST---

SUNNY AND COOL THIS MORNING, PREDICTED HIGH OF 77, ANOTHER NICE DAY. THE ADVERTISED RAIN DIDN'T AMOUNT TO A FART IN A GALE OF WIND.

TOM, I'M RUNNING WIN 7 ULTIMATE.

MADE A DENT IN THE BARN PURGE YESTERDAY, THE DUMPSTER IS FILLING RAPIDLY AND MY BACK IS NOT HOLDING UP WELL. TRYING TO GET #3 GRANDSON OVER HERE TO HELP, I WON'T HOLD MY BREATH:-)

All societies in decline fixate on impossible postmodern dreams as a way of disguising their inability to address premodern problems.
VICTOR DAVIS HANSON
Posted on: 2016/10/27 13:37

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Matatk Re: thumping Thursday......
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Overcast here and cool but it is not supposed to rain anymore. We had some torrential downpours yesterday during the evening drive home so that made things interesting. The train tracks that put my car near sideways doing only 20 mph sure woke me up in case I was asleep at the wheel.

Gris, good luck with the purge. I figured a young boy would like doing that. I always found cool stuff when I was a kid and we helped someone clean out a house or garage. Also, the land/tax issue sounds like a real PIA. Hope the computer issue gets worked out.

Looking forward to the weekend. Kids are looking forward to Halloween. They went to Boo at the Zoo the other day and already started their candy conquering.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2016/10/27 13:51

vetteblondie Re: thumping Thursday......
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4657 Posts

Good afternoon ya'll..
beautiful again here today, a 2nd shift job might be nice to enjoy some of it. We do have the back door open so at least some fresh air gets in. Waiting on a approval for a school bus for Kennett, MO to wrap and tying up a few other loose ends before I leave for the day. Need to find a consignment shop for some mens and ladies coats. Body shop owner and his wife cleaned out closets this past weekend, they have nice things, too bad they don't wear them. One of her outfits is $142 with tag still attached. Who DOES that??? (Besides them?) Nuts. That would buy me a car part of some sort I just know it.
Just one more day and the weekend is here...
Posted on: 2016/10/27 19:27

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: thumping Thursday......
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7675 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Gris, good luck with the purge. I figured a young boy would like doing that. I always found cool stuff when I was a kid and we helped someone clean out a house or garage.

THE PROBLEM IS SCHEDULING, HE'S A HS SENIOR AND "INVOLVED"

MY TEXAS LAWYER IS ON THE ATTACK, SALVADORE IS SEWING UP THE SPLIT SEAM IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT CUSHION IN THE BUMBLEBEE, AND THE COUNTY IS WORKING ON THE ROAD BY OUR HOUSE. AND A VERY SLOPPY JOB THEY'RE DOING. IT WOULD HAVE NEVER PASSED INSPECTION BACK IN MY ROAD-HAND DAYS.
Posted on: 2016/10/27 19:53

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

istter1 Re: thumping Thursday......
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
then on to Nebraska City to load Potash back to a small village in the middle of the State.......

I didn't know Nebraska was so big on pot smoking that they saved all the ash. By truckloads no less. I could see Seattle, Denver or parts of California, but Nebraska? What's the number one cash crop in Nebraska now?

Tommy is that Maui wow ie part of your nursery?
Posted on: 2016/10/27 23:53

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Quote:

istter1 wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Tommy is that Maui wow ie part of your nursery?

Ah, hell no ........
Posted on: 2016/10/28 0:23

teebee Re: thumping Thursday......
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12372 Posts

Evening guys...it has been a busy day. Got up early and we got the kids off to school. Once that was done, we got to loading up the trailer, cars and my pickup and went out to the Kansas Speedway where the big BBQ deal is going on. And I do mean BIG! The entire infield is setup with over 900 different teams. SIL and I brought the smokers and the grills out last night, that saved us a real headache today. Took about an hour and a half, then SIL and I took the pickup and drove half way to downtown to pickup the meat....$1000 worth of brisket, pork butts, ribs and chicken. Two big coolers and a small one filled. Back to the speedway where we spent another hour preparing five of the briskets to start smoking.

The sponsors, where #3 works, use the American Royal to throw a party for the employees. That happens tomorrow night. And about 90% of the 900+ teams throw parties too. Ours has a big area, a live band during the party tomorrow and the big feed. We heard today that one of the teams is having Sawyer Brown playing their party.....it is just freaking unbelievable.

Anyway, shortly after noon, Rosie and I decided we had done everything we could and had earrands to run before the grands got out of school, which we needed to be home for. Some went to HF for some things (Rosie went to Joann Fabrics, next door to HF). Then we stalled at the tool repair place to drop off a broken tool, Rosie wanted to stop at Kohl's and then another tool store, Walmart, to pick some stuff up for the BBQers that they figured out they needed and Lowes, to get another piece for the new garage door opener I was going to put on while here. Then back out to the Speedway to deliver those goods, pick up their second vehicle (they can only have one in the area.

We didn't even get back to the house and the grands were calling me "Grandpa, where are you guys?" Almost there girls....shheesh. At that point we had about two hours to get some things done before we had to go watch one of #1s' daughters sing. She made a special choir and they had a performance tonight. So I decide to see how far I can get with the opener.

I carefully take the old one apart and start putting the new one together. Meanwhile, Rosie and one of the GDs go get some burgers to eat for supper. I have the pickup backed up to the garage, using the tailgate as a workbench, and listening to the 60s on 6, when all of the sudden, the music starts to get really garbled, I think to myself, WTF? And open the door to find the battery is almost dead.....well dead enough it just clicks.....crap! So,when Rosie gets back I already have the jumpers out and have her pull up to where I can start it and let it run. I actually get the opener up in place, when I have to go in and eat my burger, change and we load the girls up and head out to watch the other GD sing. The place where she is doing this is about a 40 minute drive, so we get there a few minutes late, but don't miss her part, but this place is packed as it includes students from 10 different elementary schools in the area, over 300 6th graders singing. Also some middle schooler and the high school choir that is hosting the performance. Quite impressive really and enjoyable, but it explained why we had to park a looooong way from the place. Surprisingly, we found #1, SIL and the two other grands and were able to sit with them.

Now, back at the house, we have the girls in bed and trying to unwind. I'm hoping tomorrow isn't quite this busy.
Posted on: 2016/10/28 2:54

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

teebee Re: thumping Thursday......
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12372 Posts

Gris, I'll almost bet $100, the problem lies with drivers.....you might go out to the manufacturers site and see if there are any updated drivers. I'm betting there are, and that if you get them updated, things will be better.
Posted on: 2016/10/28 2:57

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Evening guys...it has been a busy day. Got up early and we got the kids off to school. Once that was done, we got to loading up the trailer, cars and my pickup and went out to the Kansas Speedway where the big BBQ deal is going on. And I do mean BIG! The entire infield is setup with over 900 different teams. SIL and I brought the smokers and the grills out last night, that saved us a real headache today. Took about an hour and a half, then SIL and I took the pickup and drove half way to downtown to pickup the meat....$1000 worth of brisket, pork butts, ribs and chicken. Two big coolers and a small one filled. Back to the speedway where we spent another hour preparing five of the briskets to start smoking.

The sponsors, where #3 works, use the American Royal to throw a party for the employees. That happens tomorrow night. And about 90% of the 900+ teams throw parties too. Ours has a big area, a live band during the party tomorrow and the big feed. We heard today that one of the teams is having Sawyer Brown playing their party.....it is just freaking unbelievable.

Anyway, shortly after noon, Rosie and I decided we had done everything we could and had earrands to run before the grands got out of school, which we needed to be home for. Some went to HF for some things (Rosie went to Joann Fabrics, next door to HF). Then we stalled at the tool repair place to drop off a broken tool, Rosie wanted to stop at Kohl's and then another tool store, Walmart, to pick some stuff up for the BBQers that they figured out they needed and Lowes, to get another piece for the new garage door opener I was going to put on while here. Then back out to the Speedway to deliver those goods, pick up their second vehicle (they can only have one in the area.

We didn't even get back to the house and the grands were calling me "Grandpa, where are you guys?" Almost there girls....shheesh. At that point we had about two hours to get some things done before we had to go watch one of #1s' daughters sing. She made a special choir and they had a performance tonight. So I decide to see how far I can get with the opener.

I carefully take the old one apart and start putting the new one together. Meanwhile, Rosie and one of the GDs go get some burgers to eat for supper. I have the pickup backed up to the garage, using the tailgate as a workbench, and listening to the 60s on 6, when all of the sudden, the music starts to get really garbled, I think to myself, WTF? And open the door to find the battery is almost dead.....well dead enough it just clicks.....crap! So,when Rosie gets back I already have the jumpers out and have her pull up to where I can start it and let it run. I actually get the opener up in place, when I have to go in and eat my burger, change and we load the girls up and head out to watch the other GD sing. The place where she is doing this is about a 40 minute drive, so we get there a few minutes late, but don't miss her part, but this place is packed as it includes students from 10 different elementary schools in the area, over 300 6th graders singing. Also some middle schooler and the high school choir that is hosting the performance. Quite impressive really and enjoyable, but it explained why we had to park a looooong way from the place. Surprisingly, we found #1, SIL and the two other grands and were able to sit with them.

Now, back at the house, we have the girls in bed and trying to unwind. I'm hoping tomorrow isn't quite this busy.

Thanks Tom. Now tomorrow I won't complain about any little thing that messes up my day. lol Sleep well ..........
Posted on: 2016/10/28 3:53

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.