Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
264 user(s) are online (223 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Backspacing
A wheel dimension measured from the hub mounting surface to the inner sidewall of the tire, usually measured in Inches. It determines how much tire ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Throttled Thursday Chat 12.01.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

DECEMBER HAS ARRIVED!
Posted on: 2016/12/1 13:14
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2016/12/1 17:45:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Throttled thursday Chat 12.01.1
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys...Yes, it has Tommy. Up and around, but it's cold out there, 17 a few minutes ago, and not looking for any big warm up.

I'm meeting a gal this morning to look at a job for my CNC. Maybe I'll get this machine paid for in short time. Not that I owe money on it, just to recoup what I've put into it.

I'll catch you guys on the flip side.
Posted on: 2016/12/1 13:23

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Throttled thursday Chat 12.01.1
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

One of my observations is that this times of year flies by. Could be because we get busier than ever with having to do our routine $#!+ plus doing a little more. Gris ... I tried to get Sue to go to IHOP for dinner last night. lol Chicken fried steak and eggs were on my mind. Spent most of the day at the nursery yesterday. Sue had an AM doctors appointment. The worst part of being on call to assist my wife is being on call. Sue said to me "You bitch about everything." and I replied "That's what I do." I've always heard don't hold in your anger and let it fester, so I don't. Many, many moons ago I was too polite. I more than make up for it now. If I don't like something I don't like it and I'm not gonna pretend do. ........... So there .......

Attach file:

jpg  im-sorry-if-you-dont-like-my-honesty-but-to-be-fair-i-dont-like-your-lies-inspirational-quote.jpg (46.31 KB)
852_584025d749fb5.jpg 800X500 px
Posted on: 2016/12/1 13:24

pianoguy Re: Throttled thursday Chat 12.01.1
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Another cloud-filled day here, it's getting old. But the days will start getting longer soon, and I have made a pretty good dent in Christmas shopping, so it ain't all bad. Meanwhile, in addition to Vikings players dropping like flies, the coach may not be available tonight as he had emergency eye surgery last night.

Have a good one, Gurus!
Posted on: 2016/12/1 13:26

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

istter1 Re: Throttled thursday Chat 12.01.1
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Not much going on today. Meeting this morning and meeting this afternoon.
Posted on: 2016/12/1 13:42

Ultraman Re: Throttled thursday Chat 12.01.1
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14737 Posts

I'm very polite.......it throws people off, they don't know how to react to someone being nice to them....they are used to grumpy old white dudes and I try not to fall into that..........except when I'm dealing with Carrier Enforcement that just wrote us up for $550 big ones because of we were .74% off on the pusher axle weight on the KW. So if you are off they throw out the whole axle and then we are way over of course......I'm going to fight this one, that's bullshit........end of the month quotas.......

The pusher axle is an axle that mounts between the front steer's and the tandom drive axle's on the tractor. It is supposed to carry 8% of the load. we were carrying only around 7.25% of the load. This is determined by down pressure that is set by a gauge and valve outside the tractor. (can't be in the tractor because then we could turn up the pressure if we get stopped) The are called cheater axles but that sounds like we are cheating which we are not..........much.........anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it......

Sun is shining but its cold out.......damn must be winter.......the tree is here and I need to get it in a bucket of water today........wow its all happening so fast.......

Keep the shiny side up today Guru's........
Posted on: 2016/12/1 14:50

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Regulations are in place for a reason. Not sure I know what the reason is .... but they are there for a reason .......

Posted on: 2016/12/1 15:10

GRIS Re: Throttled thursday Chat 12.01.1
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
I'm very polite.......it throws people off, they don't know how to react to someone being nice to them....

BACK IN MY WORKING DAYS I USED TO HAVE TO GO TO DC PERIODICALLY. MISERABLE PLACE. I WOULD INDULGE MY CRUEL STREAK BY SMILING AT PEOPLE ON THE STREET. AS MARCUS SAID, THEY JUST DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. SOME WOULD ACTUALLY CROSS TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET TO ESCAPE. :-)

SUNNY AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, 25 WHEN I GOT UP. THE CHEROKEES ARE THINKING SWEATERS. I'M THINKING BREAKFAST; THINK I'LL MOSEY ON DOWN TO THE BOOMERANG.

DARLING WIFE DUE BACK FROM DALLAS THIS EVENING, AT WHICH TIME I'LL GET A BLOW-BY-BLOW ACCOUNT OF ALL THE SISTER'S ILLS AND WOES. SO GLAD THEY ARE IN DALLAS, THEY WOULD DRIVE DW CRAZY IF THEY WERE LOCAL.
Posted on: 2016/12/1 15:13

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Throttled thursday Chat 12.01.1
Huskerland
14737 Posts

......yeah that reason would be another form of tax and revenue production by the State of confusion...... We had one of these 6 months ago and I paid that one because we were only at about half of what the weight carrying capacity was supposed to be.......that was our bad and I chewed out the driver for being negligent in his duties and then smiled at him to confuse him even more......like this.....

But this time its a borderline call and there needs to be some grace involved from the guys at enforcement. Comon now......3/4 of a %.........I better take money so I can post my bail....... Naaah I will just call Chico's bail bonds and loans to get me out if that happens........ He will also bring you an enchilada dinner when he busts you out.......very popular guy.....
Posted on: 2016/12/1 15:37

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Comon now......3/4 of a %.........

It's like arguing with a woman. Even if you were 100% right you'd still be 3/4 of a % wrong.
Posted on: 2016/12/1 17:49

Ultraman Re: Throttled Thursday Chat 12.01.16
Huskerland
14737 Posts

You are right Tommy but I gotta try.......am set up to meet with the district attorney tomorrow after lunch.....I will bring my happy face......and be willing to make a donation to the charity of their choice of course.......
Posted on: 2016/12/1 18:26

GRIS Re: Throttled thursday Chat 12.01.1
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Gris ... I tried to get Sue to go to IHOP for dinner last night. lol Chicken fried steak and eggs were on my mind.

TOMMY, IF YOU'RE EVER IN TULSA GO TO "THE BROTHERS HOOLIGAN"; THEY MAKE THE BEST CHICKENFRY AROUND.
Posted on: 2016/12/1 19:18

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: Throttled Thursday Chat 12.01.16
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Yay day at the office but it was payday so that helped offset the mood kill of having to e there. Mammogram this morning prior so office seemed like a more hospitable environment. Boss also told me to take the fairly new $500 printer on my desk home as he got the office another one. Weird. Sitting at a store parking lot at the moment waiting on a lady for one of those shady online art sales swaps... 3x5 canvas gestured for $45 . Should work in the dining room...
Posted on: 2016/12/1 23:44

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Throttled Thursday Chat 12.01.16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Well, it was another busy day. I was commissioned to do 5 signs. The retirement home has read some information about how they should turn the home into small "communities". So I get to make "Community signs". My tour of the place led to the design of the four different signs (I make one twice). I spent a couple hours doing the designing and submitted the ideas to the three nurses who will give me the thumbs up or down. A nice job worth $600.

Tonight we went to school for #3 GS Christmas concert. Dang grands are growing up way too fast.

It did warm up more than expected today, 46 for the high.
Posted on: 2016/12/2 3:31

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.