Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
294 user(s) are online (257 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  D44
This references the rear differential.

The D36 was the smaller unit. Used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes after that.

The ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CSS996 Monday Chat 02.04.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Well, not the most exciting Superbowl as far as I am concerned. I feel bad for the Patriots, but I was kinda hoping the Giants would pull it off. Belicheck was his usual charming self after the game.

I went to see Cloverfield on Sunday. Interesting movie. Not great, not awful. I would not recommend it if you have motion sickness, as the entire movie is shot with a hand-held video camera.

How was your weekend?

Have a Guru-ific day!
Posted on: 2008/2/4 14:59

bogus RE:Monday Chat 02.04.08
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

We are reorganizing our home office... so I spent the weeking lifting heavy things and assembling furnature from Ikea... I am a bit achy this morning.... and poor bastet is all sneazing - she is alergic to dust. And man, there is a lotta dust in there!

It rained is ass off Saturday night/Sunday morn. It flat out POURED.

We then watched the Super Bowl... I really wanted the Pats to make history... but the Giants were the better team... and they did exactly what they needed to do (and what I expected), which was to distrupt the Pats offense. It worked perfectly.
Posted on: 2008/2/4 15:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

runner140 RE:Monday Chat 02.04.08
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Quote:
We are reorganizing our home office... so I spent the weeking lifting heavy things and assembling furnature from Ikea... I am a bit achy this morning.... and poor bastet is all sneazing - she is alergic to dust. And man, there is a lotta dust in there!

It rained is ass off Saturday night/Sunday morn. It flat out POURED.

We then watched the Super Bowl... I really wanted the Pats to make history... but the Giants were the better team... and they did exactly what they needed to do (and what I expected), which was to distrupt the Pats offense. It worked perfectly.

Sports Illustrated headlines.."Can the Giants get to Brady? (the answer will decide the game)....SI printed that last Friday.
Posted on: 2008/2/4 15:47

cuisinartvette RE:Monday Chat 02.04.08
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Lots of running around to do today.....Moved a roomate in the extra room last night, finally...My God, what an ass. Dont know how Im NOT going to ## this one. More $$, nice scenery=life is good
Posted on: 2008/2/4 16:01

TommyT-Bone RE:Monday Chat 02.04.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Went to a really great car show Sat. night. Some guy built a Fiero GT with a transverse mounted LT1. and a custom made plaque under the rear cap that said Torque Monster. A showroom medium blue Shelby Cobra. A few nice custom rods, some oldies and lots of muscle cars. I was too lazy to bring my camera so you have to use your inner vision.
Sunday we played poker while we watched the game. I came in second place in the game.Do you know what they call the guy that comes in second place? ....... Loser!
South Florida weather for the past week has been gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. Low's in the high 60's, high's in the low 80's. We took out both verts Saturday night to the car show.
Just a word of warning to anyone who might be going to the South Florida beaches. Don't forget the sunscreen.
Posted on: 2008/2/4 17:44

RollaMo-LT4 RE:Monday Chat 02.04.08
Trivia Winner
Rolla, Missouri
422 Posts

Lets see if anybody else has weather extremes like this.
Thursday night, we had snow in South Central Missouri. Only around 4 - 5 inches here in Rolla. Friday morning, it was around 7 degrees.

By Friday afternoon, the sun was doing a pretty good job of getting rid of the snow on any south facing hillsides. If you didn't go sledding by noon on Friday, it was too late. Saturday we drive up to St. Louis (about 100 miles northeast of here on I-44). They have a lot more snow, around 10-12 inches. But it's a nice day around 48 for a high and sunny.

Did nothing yesterday, except watch the game. :thumbleft:

Wake up today and it is in the 50's already at 7:00 AM. At lunch time it 74 degrees. It's very windy though, and there is another cold front coming. Strong thunderstorms predicted tonight, with a predicted high tomorrow of 45.

Another day closer to spring.
Posted on: 2008/2/4 19:41

vetteblondie RE:Monday Chat 02.04.08
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Quote:
Lets see if anybody else has weather extremes like this.
Thursday night, we had snow in South Central Missouri. Only around 4 - 5 inches here in Rolla. Friday morning, it was around 7 degrees.

By Friday afternoon, the sun was doing a pretty good job of getting rid of the snow on any south facing hillsides. If you didn't go sledding by noon on Friday, it was too late. Saturday we drive up to St. Louis (about 100 miles northeast of here on I-44). They have a lot more snow, around 10-12 inches. But it's a nice day around 48 for a high and sunny.

Did nothing yesterday, except watch the game. :thumbleft:

Wake up today and it is in the 50's already at 7:00 AM. At lunch time it 74 degrees. It's very windy though, and there is another cold front coming. Strong thunderstorms predicted tonight, with a predicted high tomorrow of 45.

Another day closer to spring.

Weather? Oh yeah, freezing here the other day, now today was sunny and 76... crappy day to be in the office,...
Posted on: 2008/2/5 1:56

Oaklands RE:Monday Chat 02.04.08
Senior Guru
Morristown, TN
480 Posts

I had an exciting day. I was going to pay a friend's wife $10/hr to sit with my wife and babysit my son. She was supposed to show up at 9:00am. She calls and leaves a message at 9:00 on my cellphone. Says she forgot her purse and had to go back home.

I am in the bathroom getting ready and here her arrive at 9:20am. She comes in and say tells my in-laws she needs to go to her mothers and get some protonix for he stomach. I leave and get to work around 10:00am. The wife calls me at 11:30am and says she still isn't back. I get totally P*ssed and call her on her cellphone. She doesn't answer, so I leave a message, "There is no need to come back over, I have made other arrangements."

There is another message on my cellphone and another guy says his girlfriend is laid off and she will help out. She agrees to $40 per day. Saves me some money. I bring some paperwork home and work from the house the rest of the day. I think the girl must have a drug problem. My in-laws said she looked a bit doped up when she arrived.

I hope the new girl shows up tomorrow. I don't want to leave the wife after her back surgery and my 2 year old son with a doper.
Posted on: 2008/2/5 4:21

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.