Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
299 user(s) are online (281 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

GRIS AND NOW: TUESDAY!
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7643 Posts

HI EVERYBODY---
Posted on: 2022/2/15 14:14

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: AND NOW: TUESDAY!
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7643 Posts

SUNNY, BREEZY, AND 49 ON THE FRONT PORCH. GONNA BE A WINDY DAY, 7 THE HIGH. THAT'S JUST FINE WITH ME.

GOT A CARDIAC FOLLOW-UP APPOINTMENT IN TAHLEQUAH TODAY, OTHERWISE THE AGENDA IS OPEN.

AND IN THE NEWS:
SOUNDS LIKE THE PALIN JUDGE WAS AFRAID THE JURY VERDICT WOULDN’T BE THE ONE HE WANTED. CAN'T HAVE THE COMMONERS DECIDING THINGS.
AND IN CANADA THEY WILL FREEZE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT IF YOU DON'T TOE THE PARTY LINE.
THE NATIVES ARE RESTLESS.

THERE IS NO GIFT LIKE LIBERTY - WILLIAM WALLACE
Posted on: 2022/2/15 14:24

Ultraman Re: AND NOW: TUESDAY!
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

Freedom.... so taken for granted.... those truckers are getting everyone's attention that is a fact....

Well we got hacked yesterday..... It's my fault it was a very real looking email and by the time I got into it and finally figured out it was a scam I had to slam down the computer and called down to put a hold on our accounts. Eventually ended up cancelling all our accounts and got money transferred over into new accounts...... It was a Best Buy scam telling me they took out of my checking account for a service I had dropped a year ago. So I followed the instructions on how to get the money back and that is when things started to get weird.... eventually I could tell they were on my computer and since I had been on our online banking and had it minimized on the screen I did not want to take the chance they got into that. Mama never said I was the brightest bulb in the bunch...... I was so intent on getting that money back I did not even consider a scam..... it was pretty slick the way they set it up...... when I checked my bank account there had never been any money taken out for the Best Buy program...... I called Best Buy to verify that it was not them and they said it was not and I should report the scam to Abuse @ Best Buy . com there must be a lot of BB scams out there.......

today I will spend time getting all things switched over to our new checking account. I also did away with the online banking ...... I think it's time to go dark........ back to getting in a bill and writing a check for it..... instead of this autopay stuff........ it's a dangerous world out there Guru's........ don't take any wooden nickels.....
Posted on: 2022/2/15 14:54

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: AND NOW: TUESDAY!
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Marcus, your not stupid. A little dumb maybe. LOL No, seriously. We can all fall prey to the scams. After all, if people wouldn't fall for them why would they do them? I've been tempted a few times but say screw it. If they want to get a hold of me they can write a letter. You remember mail, right?

Cool day here. Nice.
Posted on: 2022/2/15 15:56

vetteblondie Re: AND NOW: TUESDAY!
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Marcus there are more scams out there than there are people I'm thinking. The way I am anymore if I don't know the number I don't answer. If I'm not expecting the email, I don't open it, etc. Fingers crossed. Supposed to be beautiful here today was yesterday too, would love to be home and rest. Oneta is still in the hospital and I don't really figure she'll go home from there I hate to think it but seems to be reality. And, it all could've been prevented if the nursing home had done their job. I will shoot myself before I subject myself to that. Her infections have started to affect her brain they say, she's starting to refuse meals and drinks. I can get her to eat and drink but yesterday not much. I've not heard today I'll call in a bit. Looking like there might be a call to the ombudsman and state offices over it before it's done. with. We got her house deeded to me, so there's one more headache on my plate. I don't handle stress well and this is overwhelming me. I feel like I'm at the hospital more than I am home.
Glad Sue's foot is doing better, keep an eye on your behind as when it's well I figure she'll use it to kick your rear end.
Hope everyone has a good day
Posted on: 2022/2/15 16:18

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: AND NOW: TUESDAY!
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Why is it people around here think I need my butt kicked? It may well be true.
Posted on: 2022/2/15 18:18

GRIS Re: AND NOW: TUESDAY!
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7643 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Why is it people around here think I need my butt kicked? It may well be true.

ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION DNTCHA :-)

SORRY ABOUT YOUR COUSIN, LETTY. DEALING WITH NURSING HOMES IS ALMOST A FULL TIME JOB.

WE DO NOT ANSWER UNKNOWN CALLS AND DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY BUSINESS ELATED E-MAILS, TRY TO DO EVERYTHING BY MAIL (THERE ARE PENALTIES FOR MAIL FRAUD) OR BY DIRECT CALL TO CONCERNED PARTY---IT'S NOT PARANOIA WHEN THEY'RE REALLY AFTER YOU.

CARDO FOLLOWUP WENT WELL EXCEPT THEY DID AN EKG AND THEIR LEADS WOULD NOT STICK TO ME. THE TEFLON GRIS, I AM I AM.
Posted on: 2022/2/15 18:59

Matatk Re: AND NOW: TUESDAY!
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

A little warmer today, mid 30s. We should see 50 tomorrow and then 3-6" snow Wednesday night and another 3-6" snow on Thursday. I guess I'll wait and see.

Gris, glad the visit went well

Marcus, there are a ton of scams out there. Some are quite elaborate. Glad you were able to back out of it.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Posted on: 2022/2/15 20:25

teebee Re: AND NOW: TUESDAY!
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Hey guys, busy day here. It was a cool start, but warmed into the low 70s here by late afternoon.

Rosie and I went over to the 'city' to pick up some supplies for a project I needed to get going on and didn't want to wait until my lumber truck comes again. I'm treading water in the shop waiting for stuff to get here, or clients ready for me to come work.

Worked in the shop until about 6 this evening.

We were going to KC on Thursday, but #1 called and said they were expecting some nasty weather on Thursday, so we decided to leave in the morning to get ahead of the storm. Will leave pretty early and stop by Manhattan to visit #2 GS then go on to KC.

Sorry about your woes with the Rest home/hospital Letty. Tommy, sounds like your investigation on the 91 saved you some bucks. Marc, been there. some of those scams are very convincing. I caught myself right before giving any info and felt pretty stupid for falling for that sh!t.

I'll check in tomorrow.
Posted on: 2022/2/16 4:32

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.