Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
301 user(s) are online (262 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Sting Ray
1963 through 1967 Corvette.

Not to be confused with the Stingray, 1969-1976....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 06.20.23
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Man this month is flying by. Been keeping busy with work and the kids.

Finally got a chance to tinker with the mustang. I got it up on the rack last night and got everything underneath disconnected with the transmission bell housing clutch and flywheel pulled off. I have to get a new bearing pressed on today for the input shaft I have to replace the rear main seal and the pilot bearing today and then maybe start putting stuff back together. Of course I found multiple problems with the previous install....no surprise.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2023/6/20 12:30

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 06.20.23
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Good morning Mathew.... another hot dry day out here in God's country.... we have had like maybe 1.5" of rain since March and it is ugly.... if the farmers did not have irrigation their crops would be toast... the dryland crops sure are.

Weather ... everyone complains but nobody does anything about it....

go go go today Guru's...
Posted on: 2023/6/20 12:52

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 06.20.23
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Morning guys.... Slept good in my own bed last night. Cloudy, low 70s now, headed to low 90s. Now you know how we felt for the last two years, Marc. Thankfully, (hopefully) we have broken out of our drought spell. I saw in the paper last week, that we've had over 7" in June already. Going back to late May, we've had close to 15". Had a half inch in the gauges when we got home yesterday and the weather people are saying we have more chances through the next week. I'm not complaining, but some farmers are bellyaching they need to get into the fields...they are never happy.....
Posted on: 2023/6/20 13:23

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Tuesday Chat 06.20.23
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7658 Posts

TODAY IS AUDIE MURPHY'S BIRTHDAY

FREEDOM:
Dusty old helmet, rusty old gun,
They sit in the corner and wait -
Two souvenirs of the Second World War
That have withstood the time, and the hate.

Mute witness to a time of much trouble.
Where kill or be killed was the law -
Were these implements used with high honor?
What was the glory they saw?

Many times I've wanted to ask them -
And now that we're here all alone,
Relics all three of a long ago war -
Where has freedom gone?

Freedom flies in your heart like an eagle.
Let it soar with the winds high above
Among the spirits of soldiers now sleeping,
Guard it with care and with love.

I salute my old friends in the corner,
I agree with all they have said -
And if the moment of truth comes tomorrow,
I'll be free, or By God, I'll be dead!

Audie Murphy (1925-1971)
Posted on: 2023/6/20 14:00

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 06.20.23
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I just had some thoughts to share on freedom. There sure are a lot of laws, regulations and rules in this Land of the Free. Fortunately within the confines of my fence, where I am the King, law enforcement, fire marshall, treasurer and a host of other administrators, I can enjoy the true freedoms this land has to offer. Special thanks to those that have defended her glory.

Attach file:

jpg  Book.jpg (79.49 KB)
852_6491b63658d49.jpg 527X768 px
Posted on: 2023/6/20 14:23

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Meanwhile back in Nebraska ..... I believe candidate DeSantis would approve.

https://www.1011now.com/2023/06/15/usi ... t-convicting-them-crimes/

You wouldn't need any Spanish speaking laborers in Nebraska, would you?
Posted on: 2023/6/20 14:33

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 06.20.23
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

Nothing like sleeping in your own bed.
Civil forfeiture is a crime, I'll never see it as anything other than flat out robbery. Period. I would love to see them go bankrupt having to repay all that was taken from innocent folks plus millions extra for hardships suffered.
Love the poem, Gris.
Been a busy morning so far, walked into a blizzard of stuff. Got stung yesterday cleaning hummingbird feeders, at the end of the day while trying to relax. Pissed me smoooth off. I have been taking a daily hydrocortisone pill anyway so I think that offset the swelling, plus I applied wet cigarette and cream. It's not near as bad as it would have been. Then trying to get ready for work, made a nice iced coffee in a tumbler, set it on the counter, then it spilled all over my clean clothes, and my new Birkenstock shoes and all the front of the cabinets and floor. I literally screamed my head off. Feels like the whole universe hates me sometimes. In here working trying to concentrate and some uncivilized inconsiderate dudes getting helped next door, come over here in my lobby to sit being loud AF. Just had to get up and go outside for a while till they left. What's wrong with folks? Hoping for a better rest of the day.
Posted on: 2023/6/20 15:46

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

bogus Re: Tuesday Chat 06.20.23
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I read that article yesterday... They should be locked up. Civil forfeiture my ass, modern highway robbery. They will, at some point, pick on the wrong sucker and will get seriously burned. Worst part? The Nebraska State Supreme Court backed it up!!! Damn.

If you didn't read it, do so. It's coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs.

As a side note, back in the 80s-90s, there was a stretch of interstate in Ohio that was seriously patrolled by a local PD. The Interstate ran through their town, but they didn't have any actual exits in their town, so they had to leave jurisdiction to get to their part of the Interstate. This was a small town that simply ran up huge traffic tickets. Always vague, things like weaving in lanes, no signal, tailgating, things like that. Well, they did this to an Ohio State Representative! That changed things. He got a serious fine, learned that this town of 1500 or so (don't remember the exact figure) had like 20 cops! All on the payroll created by these insane traffic violations. He had them shut down... basically, by changing the state law that restricted city police from patrolling the Interstates.

And my fave government gone rogue, even better than Führer Ron Desantis, do a google search on Bellflower, CA. They got shut down about 10 years ago now... city admin were getting paid $300k+, based on all sorts of graft and corruption. It was horrid.
Posted on: 2023/6/20 16:34

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

GRIS Re: Tuesday Chat 06.20.23
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7658 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Meanwhile back in Nebraska ..... I believe candidate DeSantis would approve.

HAD THIS CRAP GOING ON ON I-40 IN WESTERN OK A WHILE BACK.
THEY GOT SLAPPED DOWN GOOD AND PROPER.

LETTY, THAT'S CALLED THE REVERSE MIDIS TOUCH; EVERYTHING YOU DO TURNS TO CRAP.

MARCUS, TROUBLE THANKS YOU FOR YOUR CONCERN AND SAYS HE IS WELL STOCKED WITH DINOSAUR BONES, HAS ABOUT A QUARTER OF A TYRANNOSAUR AT PRESENT :-)

GOT BEHIND THE POWER CURVE THIS MORNING AND NEVER CAUGHT UP. IT'S CLOUDY, HUMID, AND 86 GOING FOR 92 AT 1148 HRS. SUMMER IN THE NATIONS.

HERE'S SOME MORE MURPHY:

In part, his Medal of Honor citation reads: "With the enemy tanks abreast of his position, 2d Lt. Murphy climbed on the burning tank destroyer, which was in danger of blowing up at any moment, and employed its .50 caliber machine gun against the enemy."

It goes on, "He was alone and exposed to German fire from three sides, but his deadly fire killed dozens of Germans and caused their infantry attack to waver. The enemy tanks, losing infantry support, began to fall back."

The citation continues, "For an hour the Germans tried every available weapon to eliminate 2d Lt. Murphy, but he continued to hold his position and wiped out a squad, which was trying to creep up unnoticed on his right flank."

It adds, ""Germans reached as close as 10 yards, only to be mowed down by his fire. He received a leg wound, but ignored it and continued the single-handed fight until his ammunition was exhausted."

After the war, Murphy was asked what had motivated him to take those heroic actions that day.

He replied simply, "They were killing my friends."

AND THAT'S WHY SOLDIERS FIGHT.
Posted on: 2023/6/20 16:42

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Huskerland
14746 Posts

Hmmm....well you know when corn prices are low ya gotta do something right? I wondered why the sheriff and deputies are all driving brand new rigs all the time... chrome plated Glocks.... they work their stuff real hard on their stretch of I80.... I 80 is the drug main street of America.... I really had never heard of civil forfeiture... I must live a pampered secluded life.... I never see them pull over anyone from Nebraska....

....I really like DeSantis..... it's him or Trump or Biden.... who ya gonna call? sure as F isn't Biden....
Posted on: 2023/6/20 18:50

Huskerland
14746 Posts

...here you go Teeb...

Posted on: 2023/6/20 19:07

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
....I really like DeSantis..... it's him or Trump or Biden.... who ya gonna call? sure as F isn't Biden....

I'm highly unlikely to vote for a Dem. I can't vote Trump. DeSantis has gone off the deep end. Looking for the cream of the Republican Party to rise to the top. There has to be someone. If not I'll have to dig up Pat Paulson and vote for him.

A MUST SEE vid.

Posted on: 2023/6/20 19:12

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2023/6/20 19:21

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 06.20.23
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

Gris, def reverse Midas day, and it's still continuing. Tried to sit down and rest and eat supper, dropped the same bite 3x, last time it landed in the floor. Im just done for tonight. If I get through this I"ll have a brownie and bourbon and call it a night.
Those small town little pecker cops are at it all the time around here. One town, Gilmore got shut down like that. Only a certain percentage of a city's revenue can come from traffic citations. They well exceeded it. And, it's also not against the law to flip them off. Back years ago we all took a trip and one of our crew flipped one off, pulled us over, and while they were hassling him, I called one of my editors at the paper. Next thing I know we're front page and all sorts of fit hit the shan. Tyronza here is another one. My ex used to work for them, those cops were widely known for pulling over 4 cars at a time. I remember the day he came home telling me he could now do that. I told him he better not tell anyone that he knows me. I can't stand small town crap like that.
Posted on: 2023/6/20 23:54

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.