Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
323 user(s) are online (272 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Cigarette Lighter
Does it work?

If not, the fuse is hidden… behind the Driver Information Center (DIC) on the 1984-1989, and under the right knee bolster on the ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 08.24.23
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Its pretty wild to think it's already the end of August. I was thinking about it last night and it feels like tomorrow will be 2024.

Going to be a hot one today around 100. The schools all cancelled any outdoor events or extra curricular activities.

I need to get the Vette over to the self car wash today to clean the engine bay and undercarriage.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Attach file:

jpg  Anna-Quindlen-days-go-slow-years-go-fast-quote.jpg (78.08 KB)
994_64e74753b51d7.jpg 1200X1200 px
Posted on: 2023/8/24 12:04

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 08.24.23
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Morning guys.... Boy is that meme right, Matt.

Pretty warm already, 71. Headed to the mid 90s, so it could be worse. Cold front moving through this weekend with a chance for some moisture...I certainly hope so.

Got to make a trip over to the city today to haul so left over pieces from the church garage sale. Other than that, not much on the agenda.
Posted on: 2023/8/24 12:50

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Thursday Chat 08.24.23
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7660 Posts

TODAY IS ST BARTHOLOMEW'S DAY, CLEAR, CALM, 84/76% AT 0850 HRS, GOING FOR 98.
"IF BARTLEMY'S BE FAIR AND CLEAR
HOPE FOR A PROSPEROUS AUTUMN THIS YEAR."

TRIP TO MUSKOGEE ON THE AGENDA, GET MY TOENAILS TRIMMED---HELL OF A NOTE WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN CUT YOUR OWN TOENAILS :-(
GUESS I'LL PICK UP SOME DOG FOOD WHILE I'M OVER THERE. IT'LL COST MORE, BUT SAVE A TRIP TO TAHLEQUAH. THAT SHOULD ABOUT EVEN IT OUT.

Attach file:

gif  FALL.gif (146.59 KB)
12496_64e763b69bacc.gif 480X480 px
Posted on: 2023/8/24 14:03

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat 08.24.23
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Hey now.... I fell awhile back got tangled up in something...my wife did run over but she could not help me up because she was laughing so hard.... real nice! said I....thanks a bunch.... then I blamed her for pushing me....

Back to 101 today..... yesterday it was warm in the office even with the AC on..... workers get here about very early so makes me get up way early.... got my Hardware pak in from the folks who make my Carport.... nothing stopping me now except 101 degrees..... cooler this weekend so will work on it then.

Have a day Guru's.....
Posted on: 2023/8/24 14:16

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14746 Posts

ok...forgot...Hey Tommy any words of Wisdom on a Cruise to Alaska.... I know you guys have done that several times... we are planning to go on one and wondered if you have any advice.... tell all here... thanks
Posted on: 2023/8/24 14:18

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 08.24.23
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Marcus, my cruise line suggestion would be Princess sailing from Whittier to Vancouver. I would book a package that includes the resorts Princess offers like the McKinley Lodge and Denali Lodge especially. There are a variety of packages available so you should find one to fit the bill. And it will be a hefty bill. But well worth it. I prefer off peak times. Early June or late September when the kids are back in school. But if you are traveling with kids late June or mid August would work well. Alaska is our favorite all around cruise value. Great scenery, wildlife and fresh air. Of course with us, the evenings are reserved for gambling.

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise- ... uises/cruisetour-options/

Carnival goes round trip out of Seattle and is good if you just want to spend a week in Alaska going to ports. Remember that Carnival is more of a party atmosphereand a younger crowd. Princess is more our age and on Holland America GRIS would be on the younger side.

The reason I say go from north to south is your primary spending will be in front of the cruise. Then you can board the ship and all your meals are taken care of. People that go from south to north are not too happy when they have to come out of their pocket for meals after they just ate for free all week on the cruise.
Posted on: 2023/8/24 16:11

Huskerland
14746 Posts

what about Norwegian.... the fam wants to do a 7 day cruise up and back from Seattle.... this is my wife's brothers and sisters....non of our kids are going..... so older is good...
Posted on: 2023/8/24 17:33

vetteblondie Re: Thursday Chat 08.24.23
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

good afternoon, hit triple digits here again today too but it don't feel as hot as it did yesterday. Humidity I suppose. Was out mid day getting my 3 month post kidney ct scans and doc visit. Got the all clear today so we do it all again in 6 months. She said he'd check me periodically, I was supposed to see him today she didn't know why they sent her in. Should see him next time. Do have a "non obstructive" stone on other kidney said they'd just keep an eye on it. elevated BP, high to me but didn't seem to be a concern to her. I see my PCP tomorrow. This getting old mess is bullcrap.
I've not cruised in several years, Hurricane Hugo to be exact. Too peopley for me. But would like to take a couple again, bang for the buck kinda thing. Is there one that don't have kids? I absolutely do not want to be anywhere near anybody's loud kids.
Posted on: 2023/8/24 20:55

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.