Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
224 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Transverse Leaf Spring
(TLS) A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it functions similarly to two ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 02.05.24
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Still not used to writing 2024 yet. I guess by the time I'm used to it we'll be writing 2025.

Should be sunny and I'm the lower 40s today. They are saying upper 50s by mid-week but I'll believe it when I see it.

The headlights on the accord were getting pretty bad with the crazing/frosting on the plastic. Took it to Dave's shop the other day and he polished them. Just about good as new. I recommend it if your lights are getting hazy.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2/5 10:59

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 02.05.24
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

My home fire alarm went of at 05:22 letting me know it had a low battery. Don't believe I changed the batteries on the last time change. First thing after a couple of sips of coffee I changed all three smoke detector batteries. I'll be good for awhile now with those. Hhhhmmm. I'm guessing it must be time to clean the fan filters on the stovetop, check for dust bunnies on the all refrigerator and freezer screens and find a few other maintenance tasks that I need to do every decade whether they need it or not. I'm sure it's close to time for the water filter and A/C blower filter to get changed. Never a shortage of tasks that need attention. Have you seen any of those houses that are spotlessly clean and everything organized and in it's place? Well, that would not be our house ...... I have have one of those "It's on the list" homes. My chore list is so long I stopped writing lists.

Attach file:

jpg  Tommy's list.jpg (120.09 KB)
852_65c0f1f81d059.jpg 636X640 px
Posted on: 2/5 14:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Monday Chat 02.05.24
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7655 Posts

HOLA, AMIGOS

49 DEGREES AND SUNNY, BIT OF A BREEZE, PREDICTED HIGH OF 56. SO GOOD TO SEE THE SUN.

DW COMPLAINING HER RIBS HURT, AS EXPECTED. I GET THE FEELING MY BARNCAT IS ABOUT TO BE SHANGHAIED BY THE GRANDDAUGHTER GANG :-) THERE MAY HAVE TO BE A RANSOM AGREEMENT.

AUTO ROTATION DAY, HARVEY UP. DOG IS FED, I'M NEXT.

KEEP UP THE FIRE---
Posted on: 2/5 15:04

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat 02.05.24
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14743 Posts

I was watching my fighting Yorkie take after a squirrel this morning walking across the deck and went to step down on the steps leading to the shop and they were like ice and I went down hard.... hit my elbow pretty good but avoided hitting my head... I was wearing my tinfoil helmet anyway so probably would not have been hurt...

I'm laying there and my phone rings and says its 911 and my watch indicated that I had fallen and the phone dialed 911...so I told them I was ok and not to send the unit... but I see now why Doc makes me wear this watch... damnation on falling.... me and old Joe, I wonder if he has an apple watch.... nah...he has secret servicemen to pick him up...

live large Guru's
Posted on: 2/5 16:03

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Monday Chat 02.05.24
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Hey guys, nice day here, mid 50s and no wind.

My damn watch thinks I fall all the time. Mostly when I'm using my hand/fist to 'persuade' something into place. If I don't catch it it has called 911.

Headed over to the 'city' to take GS his Caddy back... had to put a new battery in it for him.

Posted on: 2/5 22:32

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Monday Chat 02.05.24
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4650 Posts

My apple watch don't call 911 and I give it plenty of reasons to I think. Maybe it's cause I have an older one. Got home not too long ago from UAMS in Little Rock, got my SI joint injections and some on outer hip, now I hurt all over from it. Figure we'll see if it works next few days when it all kicks in. I hate going over there, it was 65 and sunny here today, figures when I have crap to do and can't sit and enjoy it. Arron is sick had high fever last night and still has fever today, said he has some sinus drainage so guessing he has some of the crud going around. He has a truck here to look at and one next town over that needs an O2 sensor to finish up. Figure he'll call off work again tomorrow. Gris, hope DW is feeling better.
Posted on: 2/5 23:16

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.