Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
287 user(s) are online (245 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Saw Blades
The wheel style used for most of the C4s existence.

The early saw blades face forward. This means they catch air from the outside and drag it insi...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Livin_the_dream My turn to vent
Senior Guru
robesonia , pa
516 Posts

Why is it that vette people are among some of the rudest people around? We're always bashing on one another. The newer gen's barely wave. And if you are 5 mins late your left out? I belong to other car clubs that allow any kind of cars and the people are not as uptight as some of us. For being among the few to own a Corvette we should be better than this.
I am looking forward to CorvetteGuru . Been a bad day here
Posted on: 2008/3/2 16:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

94whitevette Re: My turn to vent
Guru Newb
8 Posts

Welcome to the C4 world. But hey, don't let them get you down. Go out for a drive and you'll feel a whole lot better.
Posted on: 2008/3/3 2:03

CSS996 Re: My turn to vent
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

I seriously doubt that I would want to be part of a club that would have me as a member.

So I drive alone.....

Yeah, with nobody else.

You know when I drive alone,
I prefer to be by myself.

A little Thorogood for yaz!
Posted on: 2008/3/3 17:08

biggrizzly Re: My turn to vent
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

As a planner of many Corvette get togethers for my club, we usually have a specific location to meet prior to our cruise. It is usually a park & ride lot that we are all familiar with and use frequently. As a group leader we need to establish a time that is a drop-dead cutoff. So when we plan, we tell our folks that the caravan is leaving at a specific time and if they are not there, then meet us at the venue if it applies. We normally still wait about five to ten minutes for any stragglers, but if you wait any longer, the people that have been sitting there for 20 minutes or lnger begin to get restless.

I always suggest that if someone is lost or caught in traffic to call my cell phone or someone else. Most of us are pretty close and have each others phone numbers handy.

Just Another Perspective

I hope your day gets better... I'll wait for you!!
Posted on: 2008/3/3 18:12

CentralCoaster Re: My turn to vent
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Yeah, typically the organizer should prepare a sheet with the meetup location and time, general itinerary, and also provide a phone number people can call in case they're getting there late to figure out when they're leaving and they can play catch up or meet up at the next stopping point.

It always ends up starting later than planned but it's not fair to the guys who are on time and antsy to be waiting around for too long. Also the later the cruise starts, the more traffic there is.
Posted on: 2008/3/3 18:17

FLYINLOW90 Re: My turn to vent
Senior Guru
Windsor Ontario Canada
514 Posts

I was in a club the first year I had the Vette. I was really looking forward to the comradarie with fellow Vette owners but it was not to be.

It seemed that if you didn't have a new C5 at the time or live in a huge fancy house you just didn't fit in.

I just got very tired of all the BS really quick and told them so when it came time to renew my membership. (funny how they remembered me when it came time to dish out some money).

Now I jusy enjoy the Vette on my own. A buddy of mine bought an '89 so we go on cruises together and it works out great.

As far as clubs....Corvette-Guru is as close to a club as I'll be in again.

Gary
Posted on: 2008/3/3 18:59

Shadow Re: My turn to vent
Senior Guru
271 Posts

I belong to a BIG corvette club here in the area, but with the advent of the C6 and the prevelaence of the C5, I almost always feel left out

I've had a lot of waves from C5 owners, been snubbed by most C6's? No biggie for me. If you think you're better than me, then fine, be happy with yourself;)

It's no biggie since I'm not the one writing those $1000.00+ car payment checks each month

The groups I do hang with are very mixed. It's a small group that gathers at a local tune up shop here on saturday afternoons and a web based group (corvetteflorida.com) that share both a love of the vette and the state in which we reside. Most of us see each other several times a year and some, several times a month. We're a tight group with a smattering of all years and there's NO animosity or attitudes among us

I kind of feel a gathering of this group will result in much the same feelings.
Posted on: 2008/3/3 19:02

The CF Artist fka: STREETKNIGHT..R.I.P.

www.CorvetteFlorida.com

www.CorvetteInternational.com

TommyT-Bone Re: My turn to vent
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Welcome and a hearty wave to all the new guru vetters.
Posted on: 2008/3/8 21:48

bogus Re: My turn to vent
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

This is a sore subject with many people.

I agree that when there is an event, there has to be a schedule, because when you are cruising 20+ cars to a destination, you must make time. I can't image if Frank didn't have a schedule for the Crab Cruise!

However, I am seeing more and more cases where the new Corvette owners are living the dream, but have no idea what that dream really means. They have wanted a Vette since they can remember and that's great, but with a car of this nature, it comes with a culture. And that is what isn't being expressed to many of the new owners.

Infact, I suspect many are trying to ignore that aspect. If only they knew how genuinely rich that culture can be, they would not ignore it.

I used to belong to a Corvette club when I live in Delaware, and the only reason I would not rejoin one again is that they spent entirely too much time doing business meetings than anything else. The best event we had as a club was a presentation by Gordon Killebrew. He was GREAT! The thing that got me was that other Corvette clubs in the area were not willing to partner with us... morons.

It was all political... and if I want politics, I would go to work...

So I prefer the social networking world. We get to chat and get our tech questions answered. If I had a tech question, there was no one in my club that either knew or cared. Infact, there were times that they mocked my knowledge. I got the message. If I hadn't moved, I was going to leave the club anyway.
Posted on: 2008/3/9 19:04

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

patsfan05488 Re: My turn to vent
Guru
229 Posts

I'm sorry about your day. I live in Vermont and I haven't found a Corvette club here. I have Brian a Guru member who lives about 30 miles south from me. he has been a great help and I'm very fortunate he's so close.

I hope your day gets better,

Rob
Posted on: 2008/3/9 19:36

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.