Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
198 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Coil over
The term coil over means having a coil spring coaxial with the shock absorber. In terms of a Corvette, it replaces the leaf spring.

[IMG]http:/...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

NC Kid Dog passed away at age 18
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

We had her since she was four. She came across the street from the church when they had a BBQ. Apparently a stray. She had cancer and kidney failure. It was pretty odd though. She looked up at me when I went to check on her and laid her head down adn stopped breathing. I got my dad about a minute later and he didnt feel her heart beating and wouldnt move. Then suddenly she looked up at us one last time and then died. over 100 in dog yeaars, I feel kinda greedy for wanting her to stay longer. She stopped eating for the past four days. My dad broke down and cried which is weird...He only did that at a funeral once before. But yea, I hope shes happy.

R.I.P. Noopy!
Posted on: 2008/5/28 18:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Dog passed away at age 18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Sorry to hear that - it's always hard to lose a pet. But that's a good long life for a dog.
Posted on: 2008/5/28 18:37

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

brut Re: Dog passed away at age 18
Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

We had to put our Great Dane "Zeus" down about a year and a half ago because he had bone cancer that spread to his lungs. He was only 6.

I know the pain well, he was our child since we don't and won't have kids. I am not the crying type, but it got to me so bad I had to pull over on the way to the vet.

I am sure your dad felt similar as they truly are family members. Godspeed puppy!
Posted on: 2008/5/28 18:54
'02 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic
'07 Hummer H3

CSS996 Re: Dog passed away at age 18
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Always a sad day when a pet dies.

Had a nice long life though, thanks to you guys taking it in!
Posted on: 2008/5/28 18:55

TommyT-Bone Re: Dog passed away at age 18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I'm glad you had the chance to enjoy her for so many years. She lived a long and hopefully good life. What more can we ask? Ruff....... My sympathies
Posted on: 2008/5/28 21:15

Touringmike Re: Dog passed away at age 18
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

Ah, Bummer.

It's never easy letting them go when they were around that long.

We went thru the same thing during the christmas holidays.

You have our sympathy.
Posted on: 2008/5/28 21:24

Notorious Re: Dog passed away at age 18
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

My heart goes out to you and your family. I lost a great one just about two years ago to this day. She was almost 16 and I'd had her since she was 4 weeks old. Dogs are just something special and I always try to remember that I should be thankful for having been entrusted with them while they were here. I know how you feel, man. It's tough to give up such a good friend. My current little buddy is sitting on my lap as I type this. She's just a little past seven years and I hoped I'm blessed with her for a long time yet.
Posted on: 2008/5/29 0:24

bogus Re: Dog passed away at age 18
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

That's sad... that hurts as much as the death of any loved one. I hate it... I really do... our kitty is 12, and it is something I am not looking forward to.
Posted on: 2008/5/29 5:56

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

runner140 Re: Dog passed away at age 18
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Its difficult when you lose a good friend. Dogs are mans best friend. I know you loss.
Posted on: 2008/5/29 11:29

aapple Re: Dog passed away at age 18
Guru Newb
Duncanville, Texas
17 Posts

Sorry for your loss...been there, done that. It sux. She's in a happy place now.
I'm a big-time animal lover, and it is one of the hardest things to go thru...

I remember bringing you home. You were so small and cuddly with your tiny paws and soft fur.

You bounced around the room with eyes flashing and ears flopping. Once in awhile, you'd let out a little yelp just to let me know that this was your territory.

Making a mess of the house and chewing on everything in sight became a passion, and when I scolded you, you just put your head down and looked up at me with those innocent eyes, as if to say, "I'm sorry, but I'll do it again as soon as you're not watching."

As you got older, you protected me by looking out the window and barking at everyone who walked by. When I had a tough day at work, you would be waiting for me with your tail wagging, just to say, "Welcome home. I missed you." You never had a bad day and I could always count on you to be there for me.

When I sat down to read the paper and watch TV, you would hop on my lap, looking for attention. You never asked for anything more than to have me pat your head so you could go to sleep with your head over my leg.

As you got older, you moved around more slowly. Then, one day, old age finally took its toll and you couldn't stand on those wobbly legs anymore. I knelt down and patted you lying there, trying to make you young again. You just looked up at me as if to say that you were old and tired and that after all these years of not asking for anything, you had to ask me for one favor.

With tears in my eyes, I drove you one last time to the vet. One last time you were lying next to me. For some strange reason, you were able to stand up in the animal hospital; perhaps it was your sense of pride.

As the vet led you away, you stopped for an instant, turned your head and looked at me as if to say,
"Thank you for taking care of me."

I thought, "No.... thank you for taking care of me."
Posted on: 2008/5/29 12:18
C3VR

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.