Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
274 user(s) are online (223 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 06.02.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CG's!

Welcome to the first June chat! How is everyone doing so far? I am looking forward to this month...since I have it off from work...haha. Be jealous all you want. Get to spend a little time with the wife, my baby, that kid that poops a lot (oh,wait, you thought...no, baby=corvette). Gonna try to open up the pool this week. I still have to talk to magnaflow about why my new exhaust doesn't fit. Other than that, not much is gonna bring me down. I'm about to eat a little breakfast and hit the weights. I'm also ordering that P90X...have you seen it on tv? It's a workout DVD by Tony Horton. I have a couple of his old ones and man does he kick butt. I'm almost a little nervous to get it and start. It's a tough program, but I'd like to give it a shot.

What else is new in the land of gurus? I know it's back to work hum drum Monday.

Post up and hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

"Looks like someone has a case of the Mondays"
Resized Image
Posted on: 2008/6/2 13:31

bastet44 Re: Monday Chat 06.02.08
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Good Morning Matthew and Gurus!

Another Monday, and it'll be another crazy week. Things at work won't settle down til the end of June at the earliest. But I like being busy!
Posted on: 2008/6/2 14:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: Monday Chat 06.02.08
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Off to work I go...

I think we could all use another weekend right about now.
Posted on: 2008/6/2 14:48

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 06.02.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I could use my massage chair about now - yesterday I dug out 8 shrubs, planted 6 new ones, mowed the lawn, did some seeding and polished the Vette. My back is registering complaints.
Posted on: 2008/6/2 18:40

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 06.02.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Lucky for me I was able to wangle through the month of May. With the help of the stimulus check, June should be a little better. It's time to concentrate on debt relief and on driving the toys of course.
Posted on: 2008/6/2 21:25

red_johnny Re: Monday Chat 06.02.08
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Welp, I was going to hold this back but I am 99% sure that it is official. My corvette has a new owner waiting for pick up this Saturday! I got my price and he got approved for his loan. Now I got to find a good RC51!
Posted on: 2008/6/2 21:46

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 06.02.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

red_johnny wrote:
Welp, I was going to hold this back but I am 99% sure that it is official. My corvette has a new owner waiting for pick up this Saturday! I got my price and he got approved for his loan. Now I got to find a good RC51!

Awesome you got that sold! I'm sure the new owner will enjoy it. Make sure there is a CG static cling on the window so he knows where to find us!

On another note, I got my exhaust on, as is posted in c4 technical. I'm excited to have a corvette I can drive again! It sucks not being able to drive it for several weeks.

Hope everyone's day went well!

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/6/2 23:10

bastet44 Re: Monday Chat 06.02.08
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Ahh, home for the evening.

On Saturday, my sorority alumnae chapter held a recognition ceremony for ladies who have been members for 50 years. It was such a fun event! I received a thank you note today - the postal service amazes me.

These ladies are probably about 68 years old, and it fabulous how young 68 years old is today. The baby boomers really have something figured out.
Posted on: 2008/6/3 1:02

CentralCoaster Re: Monday Chat 06.02.08
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

red_johnny wrote:

Congrats!

They say the best two days of car ownership are the day you buy it, and the day you sell it. I can attest to that at least...
Posted on: 2008/6/3 2:34

red_johnny Re: Monday Chat 06.02.08
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

I still dont really want to give it up but I know its for the best right now. I can tell you that one day I will own another vette. Not any time too soon though, but possibly in the next 5-6 years.
Posted on: 2008/6/3 6:25

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.