Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
307 user(s) are online (260 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4+3
This is the manual transmission from 1984-1988.

It’s a Borg-Warner Super T-10 with a planetary overdrive attached to the tail shaft housing.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 07.29.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good morning CGs!

Wow, I miss one day and the place falls apart! Where were Chris and Johnny to pick up the pieces?

It's ok, I'm back today to start chat and the stars are realigned, the planets are in order.

So how is the day so far? I am home and ready for my weekend. It's supposed to be a hot one today. I might vacuum the pool and go for a dip. Maybe I'll attempt to toy with the vette. Not sure yet. Tomorrow I'm supposed to go out to dinner with my buddy for his birthday. Sounds like fun.

That's it for me. What's new with everyone else?

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/7/29 13:50

red_johnny Re: Tuesday Chat 07.29.08
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Seems like a busy week thus far. Hopefully things will chill out a bit latter. Got some cock nuggests in my office who think they are funny by calling my phone all day and hanging up. They will get theirs soon. I have my arcade hard drive I have been trying to get working and I almost had it last night but turns out my file was currupt so it did not work. I am going to try again tonight and hopefully it will work!
Posted on: 2008/7/29 15:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 07.29.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I'm off for the next two weeks.........That's the good news. The bad news is my wife had major surgery and I'm at home playing nurse. She is recovering well and we go for the follow up tomorrow. I can't go out getting all dirty and stuff then come in and and change the gauze. So I'm cooking and cleaning and fixing stuff around the house. That way I can also hear her call......Honey !!!
Posted on: 2008/7/29 15:39

runner140 Re: Tuesday Chat 07.29.08
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I'm off for the next two weeks.........That's the good news. The bad news is my wife had major surgery and I'm at home playing nurse. She is recovering well and we go for the follow up tomorrow. I can't go out getting all dirty and stuff then come in and and change the gauze. So I'm cooking and cleaning and fixing stuff around the house. That way I can also hear her call......Honey !!!

You've got a lot on your plate, buddy. Good luck with everything.
Posted on: 2008/7/29 16:04

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Well here is to her for a speedy recovery
Posted on: 2008/7/29 16:21

CSS996 Re: Tuesday Chat 07.29.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Speedy recovery to the wife, Tommy. Hope everything improves quickly.

Mostly I am just trying to maintain my sanity over my job situation. I don't know what the decision will be, or when it will be made. I guess I just have to believe everything will work out for the best.

I found out my severance package would be about ten grand, after taxes. And the Denver position would only be about an extra six grand a year. Probably not enough for me to rent an apartment up there and maintain my current home in Pueblo West for my family. Boy, I sure do hope I get the local position, that's all I can say about that!

Other than occupational BS, life is groovy. Things are steadily improving with the wife, and the kids are all doing great. I've lost about 8 lbs on my walking routine. I still look like a hippo, but I feel better. I have noticed some small physical changes. Enough to keep me going, anyway.

I hope to add the weight training in soon. I just need the extra motivation to figure out the best way to do all of the exercises.

I was showing off in the Vette last week for my son. We were experimenting with accelleration. For some reason, I screwed up a shift. I don't even know exactly what happened, but I went into a lower gear than I was shooting for. 2nd to first, or 3rd to 2nd. I had it wound out pretty good when I made the error.

The car took a nose dive, chirped the tires and lurched sideways just for a second, until I got the clutch back in. I felt pretty stupid. My son is questioning my driving ability now... He's not the only one!

I hope I didn't destroy anything! I've driven it since, with no sign of ill effects. What a moron...

Enjoy your day!
Posted on: 2008/7/29 16:47

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

I did that before when I was 17. Me and my dad riding around in a 84 H.0. 305 camaro. Riding down the highway coming up on a turn my dads says down shift into 3 from 5th as you slow down to slow you down faster. I said..ok, no problem...then I tried and could not get it into gear until finally it went in so I let out the clutch...well long story short it was 1st I went into and not 3rd. No dammage happened just scared both me and my dad since the rear end was dancing to the boogy of the beat.
Posted on: 2008/7/29 17:36

biggrizzly Re: Tuesday Chat 07.29.08
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

I can top the moron move if that is what we are talking about this afternoon!!!

Back when I was about 17 I owned a 77 Z28 Camaro and I put a fancy chrome air cleaner on it. I also used a piece of heater hose attached from the valve cover breather to the base of the air cleaner. That's the way they had them at that time. Anyhow to make a long story short. The heater hose I jury rigged, got caught in the accelerator linkage when I floored it coming off a light. The gas pedal was stuck to the floor. don't ask me why I panicked or how the car wound up in nuetral or why I didn't turn the key off immediately, but I jumped out of the car and popped the hood open trying to figure out how to get the linkage unstuck. It then dawned on me to turn the key off.

That car was screaming wide open for at least a minute or so while my brain engaged. It seemed to be ok later after I got it home and it cooled off.

That was a moron move!!
Posted on: 2008/7/29 18:50

CSS996 Re: Tuesday Chat 07.29.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Well, at least I'm in good company!

Except I'd feel a little better if you did something stupid a little more recently. I did plenty of dumbshit stuff when I was 17.
Posted on: 2008/7/29 19:01

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
Well, at least I'm in good company!

Except I'd feel a little better if you did something stupid a little more recently. I did plenty of dumbshit stuff when I was 17.
Posted on: 2008/7/29 23:38

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 07.29.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Tommy - best wishes for the wife. I found something for to wear you while you're caring for her:

Resized Image

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/7/29 23:58

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 07.29.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I prefer pink.

Matt.

Attach file:

jpg  Kiss This.jpg (3.77 KB)
852_488fbe9f094d3.jpg 128X100 px
Posted on: 2008/7/30 1:06

JDSWHITE93 Re: Tuesday Chat 07.29.08
Senior Guru
Ohio
334 Posts

Dammit Tommy now I am blind
Posted on: 2008/7/30 1:39

CentralCoaster Re: Tuesday Chat 07.29.08
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I was racing on the freeway against a forum member and started by trying to go from 6th to 4th.

I hit 2nd by accident and basically went backwards. Car sounded like a grizzly bear getting eaten by a T-rex.

I calculated the RPMs later that day, spun it up to 7,200 rpm. I guess no one on here will buy my car now...
Posted on: 2008/7/30 6:00

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.