Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
317 user(s) are online (277 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Stingray
1969 through 1976 Corvette.

Not to be confused with the Sting Ray, 1963 - 1967....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Oaklands Hey Red_Johnny. You'll understand this
Senior Guru
Morristown, TN
480 Posts

We have been w/out a kitchen for the last 10 weeks. It seems a brand new dishwasher (Kenmore) that we bought from Sears decided to piss all over the place. The installer they contracted did a fine job installing it.

Apparently it did not fit properly, the motor was on the floor (fire hazard) and he left a handy dandy Craftsman flat head screw driver under it propping it up. The door was not closing properly and apparently water had been leaking back under it for a while unnoticed. Also, I think there was a problem with the cutoff valve.

So now we have our insurance company, Sears insurance company and the installers insurance company fighting over whose fault it is.

This left me with sub floor that had to be replaced, new tile to be installed, the cabinets fell apart when taking them out, so new cabinets as well. Not all of the cabinets are covered by my insurance.

It gets better. The contractor did not have Armstrong's cabinet man come out and measure, so we were ending up with less space than we had before. I thought we had it all worked out yesterday and today the contractor says he wants me to use fillers not bigger cabinets to fill the space. Man is he full of shit.

This thing is going to be the death of me yet. I know Johnny's lack of a kitchen was due to remodeling but you still have the same issues. Only mine, I have no sink, no stove and ton of bills to turn in for eating out!!
Posted on: 2008/8/1 1:08

Matatk Re: Hey Red_Johnny. You'll understand this
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

That sucks big time. Getting a new kitchen under those circumstances isn't even worth it. Just tell your insurance company to get it done, and they can fight over who pays for it later. That's their job and that's what you pay premiums for.

Matthew

PS - post some pics when it's done! Ha!
Posted on: 2008/8/1 2:39

pianoguy Re: Hey Red_Johnny. You'll understand this
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Man, that sucks! Make sure somebody's insurance company is buying you dinner, too!
Posted on: 2008/8/1 3:19

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Hey Red_Johnny. You'll understand this
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I feel your pain. It is so difficult to find trained craftsmen today to do a good job. It's not that I don't want to pay a premium. When I do, I expect quality. Unfortunately, the lowest bidder mentality in this country has given us a generation of untrained buffoons impersonating craftsmen. What we get is a big disappointment. It will all work out in the end but at what cost. Maybe I'm a little over critical but that's been my experience here in South Florida. You can also hire an independent claims adjuster to act on your behalf in negotiating damages from the insurance companies. Of course they get a cut of the final settlement but no stone will be left unturned. Rarely does anything go smoothly for me. And when it does, I'm totally shocked.
Posted on: 2008/8/1 3:28

CentralCoaster Re: Hey Red_Johnny. You'll understand this
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
That sucks big time. Getting a new kitchen under those circumstances isn't even worth it. Just tell your insurance company to get it done, and they can fight over who pays for it later. That's their job and that's what you pay premiums for.

My thoughts exactly. Don't let them muscle you around. You tell them what to do. They'll weasel out of anything if you let them.

It's their job to be nice, and your job to be the asshole, not the other way around.

I have nothing good to say about Sears installers. They are bottom of the barrel, they will hire anyone.
Posted on: 2008/8/1 3:53

red_johnny Re: Hey Red_Johnny. You'll understand this
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Wow, I can surly feel your pain. Just stick with it and make them pay for as much as you can. Even if nothing else you should be able to get a new kitchen for a little bit of nothing out of pocket besides eating out. Put as much pressure on them to speed things up though cause eating out gets addictive fast.
Posted on: 2008/8/1 13:21

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.