Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
270 user(s) are online (230 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Ultraman, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Horn
A rather boring honk, but it should be loud and clear.

It should work with key on or off....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 11.25.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Another day to sleep in and man was it nice. Wifey is at work and baby is with grandma today, so I get to bum. Love it. Might tinker with the vette a little today, have to clean up the house a bit, but not much else on the agenda.

What's everyone else up to?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

TUESDAY MUSIC TRIVIA:

Who was the big winner at the AMAs this year?
Posted on: 2008/11/25 14:11

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 11.25.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Last day of work this week for me, hoping the day goes by quickly. No idea on the AMA - I didn't watch.
Posted on: 2008/11/25 14:21

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

skirlin Re: Tuesday Chat 11.25.08
Senior Guru
Caledonia Michigan
277 Posts

OH man, I still got today and tomorrow working for the bos man. Cold and snowy here, lookin' alot like Christmas.

My wife and I decided to wait to fill our 500 gallon propane tank until prices came down to what they are now. Seemed like a good plan, called the gas company and found out the going rate is 3.29 gal!!!!! Since you only fill the tank to 80% that comes to about $1,316 plus delivery fee, HASmat fee, and fuel surcharge. Aaaahhhhhhh ....need to get some nitro pills and a defibulator quick. I wassss going to get my new wheels for the 92 but that will have to wait until February. :sad3:

Sorry, don't have an answer to today's trivia question since I did not watch the AMAs, come to think about it I've never watched them. I'm not much of a TV guy, except for HorsepowerTV or TopGear.

Have a good one, Dave.
Posted on: 2008/11/25 18:43

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 11.25.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Got my $19.99 synthethic blend oil change coupon and went to Firestone to get an oil change and get a screw taken out of one of my Bridgestone tires. Lifetime rotation / balance /alignment etc. Of course, the service advisor informed me it was time for a fuel filter, injector cleaning, air filter and transmission flush. Thanks, but the only screw we're going to see here is the one they pulled from the tire. Went to discount auto to get the air filter. They had fram catalogues but no filters and purolator filters with no look up guide. Counter help was busy so I picked up the air filter from the dealer on the way home. Seemed expensive. When I got my receipt I realized they charged me full retail. Guess I have to start putting everything on the company if I want the discount. Chevy dealer must have told the parts guys to whack them for retail unless they're on account. Heads up. It was only a few bucks differance. If it had been a lot I would returned it and started over.
I brought the 91 to the shop today so they could do the tongue test on the coil. They should be safe because I ain't gettin no riggin friggin spark.
Posted on: 2008/11/25 20:48

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 11.25.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

skirlin wrote:
My wife and I decided to wait to fill our 500 gallon propane tank until prices came down to what they are now. Seemed like a good plan, called the gas company and found out the going rate is 3.29 gal!!!!! Since you only fill the tank to 80% that comes to about $1,316 plus delivery fee, HASmat fee, and fuel surcharge. Aaaahhhhhhh ....need to get some nitro pills and a defibulator quick. I wassss going to get my new wheels for the 92 but that will have to wait until February. :sad3:

How long will a full tank last you in Mmeeeechigan?
Posted on: 2008/11/25 20:53

biggrizzly Re: Tuesday Chat 11.25.08
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Damn, seems like a month since I been here. Its been very busy at the office and at home the past week or so. I guess that is good. I just wanted to drop by and say hi!

Holidays are coming and I'm beginning to panic a bit. I think everyone is getting more quality and less quantity this year.
Posted on: 2008/11/25 22:27

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 11.25.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Well, my lazy day turned into work. Ugh. Started cleaning the house and ended up vacuuming upstairs and down, moping all the tile floors, cleaning the kitchen, bedroom, upstairs bathroom...did a load of laundry too, which I need to fold, still. After that I'll pick up Sammy from Grandma's house since wifey is out doing some errands after work. Didn't get to play with the vette today, oh well. Maybe tomorrow.

Did get an intense, killer back and shoulder workout in. Ouch! I'm gonna be payin for it tomorrow, but it was worth it Resized Image

How was everyone else's day?

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/11/25 22:58

CentralCoaster Re: Tuesday Chat 11.25.08
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Sounds like just another day in the life of a manwife!

Can you stop by here later and do windows?
Posted on: 2008/11/26 3:16

skirlin Re: Tuesday Chat 11.25.08
Senior Guru
Caledonia Michigan
277 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

skirlin wrote:

How long will a full tank last you in Mmeeeechigan?

It will last until middle of next summer, when we saw the petrol prices dropping towards September we thought the gas would too. Not.

Central....Rosie O'donnell???
Posted on: 2008/11/26 5:59

BrianCunningham Re: Tuesday Chat 11.25.08
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Quote:

skirlin wrote:
Central....Rosie O'donnell???

Photobucket
Posted on: 2008/11/26 22:32

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.