Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
157 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Danspeed1 "The Factory Warranty on Your Vehicle
Elite Guru
Mooresville, North Carolina
1121 Posts

is about to expire."

How may of you receive that phone call every day. I can't even use the bathroom without the mother f*ing phone ringing. These bastards even have my cell phone. Tell me, which warranty they are referring to? Is it on the 71 Chevelle with no motor or transmission, or the 96 Impala SS? Maybe its the 2005 Corvette, with the 100,000 mile warranty of which I have used 14K.

One day I waited 20 minutes on the phone just to talk to these guys. Gave them the Vin for my Chevelle. When the guy found out the car was 40 years old, he hung up on me. But that doesn't stop them from calling me 10X a day.

Anyone else get this call?

just venting..

DG
Posted on: 2009/1/27 19:42
1996 Ford Explorer
2009 Cadillac CTS-v
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Epimax Re: "The Factory Warranty on Your Vehicle
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Yes....For a while there it was every day....Even after we told them we no longer owned that particular vehicle....They kept calling, and calling, and .. ....
If it wasn't for the home security system, I'd disconnect the home line. It's unlisted; but somehow they find a way....
Morons....
Posted on: 2009/1/27 19:55

CentralCoaster Re: "The Factory Warranty on Your Vehicle
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

It's a very common phone scam. I researched this after getting pissed about it.

The phone number is masked and actually shows up as a legitimate business.

Anyone stupid enough to fall for it half deserves what they get. I've seen their job listings. They hire people off college bulletin boards and other places with that "make $100K a year with no experience" lie. Many of the workers don't even know they're working for a scam until they get ripped off themselves.

The one I checked out originated from Irvine, CA. I was never able to figure out if it was the actual company, or the one running the scam.

I tried cancelling myself from the list a dozen times and gave up. Eventually they quit calling. Stick the number on your caller ID so you know not to answer it.
Posted on: 2009/1/27 19:57

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

If you have caller ID, put the number in here:

http://whocallsme.com
Posted on: 2009/1/27 20:01

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:
This is an auto-dialer service based in Irvine. They will not remove your number. Choosing menu options will not remove it.

But you can at least harass them. Here is some contact info. Can someone please fax a 100 or so full pages of black to their fax numbers below?

(888) 978-7709
(714) 352-7907
(714) 352-7909

Also please flag their craigslist ad for removal, see link below.

suet@autoonewarranty.com
Sue Tischler
Susan Tischler
Irvine office number: 949-740-5910

nathanjellis@hotmail.com
Nathan's Phone: 866-573-7411
Nathan's Fax: 714-352-7909

They are hiring on craiglist:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/sls/834114821.html

Here's the text in case ad is removed:
=========================
Inbound Sales (Irvine)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: suet@autoonewarranty.com [?]
Date: 2008-09-09, 11:41AM PDT

ARE YOU TIRED OF CONSTANTLY LOOKING FOR WORK ON CRAIGS LIST?? Dish Network phone rooms are a dime a dozen. They all have pretty much the same things in common: they are looking for highly motivated, skilled sales people to make a "boatload" of money...but at the end of the day, they end up promising more than they can actually deliver. We provide the following:
-Nothing but the highest quality INBOUND calls
-No Cold Calling
-Cash bonuses and incentives
-Full benefits available for full time employees: HMO/PPO Medical, Dental/Vision
-Experienced sales people preferred/however paid training is provided
-Must have basic computer and internet skills.
Bottom line, we are only looking for the best men and women that are prepared for the fast paced, positive, high energy work environment that sets us apart from everyone else in the industry. Candidates must have at least 2 yrs previous sales/customer service experience to be considered. If you believe that you are qualified, contact Nathan at 866-573-7411 or email nathanjellis@hotmail.com or fax to 714-352-7909.

Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Phone calls about this job are ok.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
PostingID: 834114821

=========================
Posted on: 2009/1/27 20:11

BillH Re: "The Factory Warranty on Your Vehicle
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Thanks CC.

BTW hear's the numbers from the last 3 I got. I've saved them to put on the Na.Do Not Call List but haven't got around to it. And don't know if it helps anyway.

From Florida:

386-427-6893
305-836-7371
561-784-9844

HEY Tommy, This isn't you doing this to us Gurus is it?
Posted on: 2009/1/27 20:14

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Don't bother with the do not call list. These people don't follow the rules.
Posted on: 2009/1/27 20:20

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

It's actually these guys. Caller ID number is probably fake.

They also solicit refinancing scams.

Quote:
Pacific Guard Warranty
Phone: 888-282-3524
Fax:
2151 Salvio Street, Ste. 270
Concord, California, 94518
U.S.A.

It's simple, the owners are Doug, Christian (Lives in Antioch and drives a Chevy Tahoe) and Mark. This is at least their third company in the last 4 years. The company's address is 2151 Salvio Street, Ste. 270, Concord, CA 94520. 888-282-3524. The lead guy there is named Jim and he lives in an apartment in Martinez. He prowls the aisles there acting like a sales guru and a motivator.

If you buy a warrant from these people and you live in California it is a waste of money. Your car has to be undriveable in order for it to get repaired, and even then the part still may not be covered. You will be told that if you buy one of the warranties you will receive a $1,500 rebate if you don't file a claim. That is a lie. You will be eligible for the rebate only if you show paperwork to prove you got the oil changes and manufacturer's recommended maintenance on your car. No paperwork, no rebate.

After you get on the phone you will absolutely told this is your last opportunity to buy a car warranty, but before they give you a price you have to speak to the authorization's department; These are 'wannabe thugs' that on the phone sound more like '50 Cent' then a real corporate executive and I understand most of them still live at home or go to school. Their real job is to find out if you have a credit card number that can be charged.

There is also a 'finance department'.........Same wannabe thugs........their job is to make it seem great that you are being offered interest free financing for 12 or 18 months. But how is it interest free financing if I'm still using my own Visa or Mastercard? I'm still paying interest on that.

Most of the plans these people sell are not bumber to bumper coverage, but you will be told it's bumper to bumper coverage over the phone. The way you know it's not is when you take your car to get it serviced and you're told it's not covered.

You can't even review paperwork before you buy a warranty from these people because they won't send you anything to review. If you want to review paperwork before you give out your credit card number then you will be directed to a website. Not the Pacific Guard Warranty Website but to Summit Dealer Services , Warrantech , Royal Alliance , and one or two others. If you as a customer can't make up your mind that you want to buy the warranty right then and there, you will be told your file will be red flagged and you will never have that opportunity again. Needless to say this is not true because you will probably receive the same phone call the next month.

They sell mainly to Florida, South Carolina, New York, California, Hawaii, Maryland, Virginia and Georgia.

If you try to cancel after you sign up you will pay $100 or $200 to cancel, and you will basically lose any money you've paid in advance to these people.

Anyone working for this company should try to find out the owners last names. It may be hard doing this though because a lot of people that work there don't use their real names on the phone.
Posted on: 2009/1/27 20:25

bogus Re: "The Factory Warranty on Your Vehicle
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

and the numbers that appear on my caller ID are dummy... they go no where.

report them... that's all you can do. if the FTC gets enough complaints, they will go after them.
Posted on: 2009/1/27 20:28

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

BrianCunningham Re: "The Factory Warranty on Your Vehicle
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

I get those too, enough already!
Posted on: 2009/1/27 21:11

tjpreul Re: "The Factory Warranty on Your Vehicle
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
1103 Posts

I bet the owners of the companies are on a no call list.
Posted on: 2009/1/27 21:15

'92 auto, MSD, Banski, Taylor wires, SS lines, C5 rims, 3.07 gears, white gauges, seats from a '96.

Motor: Forged rotating assy, Probe pistons, CC valvetrain, AFR heads, Procharger P1SC

Trae1976 Re: "The Factory Warranty on Your Vehicle
2012 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Johnson City, TN
832 Posts

Appartently they don't have my phone number yet, but I do get their junk mail frequently.

Quote:

Epimax1 wrote:
If it wasn't for the home security system, I'd disconnect the home line.

Do what I did:

1. Give cell # to home security company and tell them to call that number instead of your land line.

2. Remove all land line phones except one (for emergencies). Turn off ringer on that one.

No more annoying calls.
Posted on: 2009/1/27 21:38

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I get these junk calls on my work cell phone.

I'm off most of the junkmail lists though, that's a big plus.
Posted on: 2009/1/27 23:51

Schrade Re: "The Factory Warranty on Your Vehicle
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

They made a mistake once a year or so ago in their dialing computer.

Press '1' to talk to a rep. I did it all the time, just to see how long I could string 'em along, and break from readin' (or postin').

Pretty soon, I was gettin' the same reps twice and 3 times. They were knowin' me, and hangin' up. I thought that was it. It wasn't

The next day or so, they called, I didn't answer (I knew the caller ID). So I called THEM. That number was the same as pressin' '1'. I said stop callin' me. I called about 25 times in a row, back to back, and finally, a super gets on the line, and asks me why I'm callin' them.

HUH? Why I'm callin' YOU??? I been home since my head on in '06, listening to them call for about 6 weeks in a row, 3 times on some weeks, sometimes TWICE A DAY, and YOU want to know why I'm callin' YOU???

He said he was gonna' report me for harassment. That's NO BULL. If I'd gotten that on tape, it would have been worth thousand$ to post on the web. Someone harassing a telemarketer.

They called the next day. I put their number in my fax that's integral with the computer, and faxed them a movie - 3.4G movie file in MPEG2 format, converted to text, which is about 200,000 pages or more. I set the fax to transmit it 99 times.

They went away.

PS:
Before you convert any graphic file format to text format, make sure you have lots of ramsticks in your box!!!!!!!
Posted on: 2009/1/28 0:18

Resized Image

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

If you send a fax to a phone number, will it keep trying to redial after they hang up? It seems like that would only block 1 line.
Posted on: 2009/1/28 0:36

Danspeed1 Re: "The Factory Warranty on Your Vehicle
Elite Guru
1121 Posts

Quote:

They called the next day. I put their number in my fax that's integral with the computer, and faxed them a movie - 3.4G movie file in MPEG2 format, converted to text, which is about 200,000 pages or more. I set the fax to transmit it 99 times.

They went away.

I could not stop laughing after reading this. Your a badass!

I think I am going to screw with them tomorrow...

I like the fax idea. After I am done playing with them I will fax them.

DG
Posted on: 2009/1/28 1:50
1996 Ford Explorer
2009 Cadillac CTS-v

Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

Danspeed1 wrote:
Quote:

They went away.

I could not stop laughing after reading this. Your a badass!

I think I am going to screw with them tomorrow...

I like the fax idea. After I am done playing with them I will fax them.

DG

Excellent Idea!!! Love it!
Posted on: 2009/1/28 11:40

Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

Trae1976 wrote:
Appartently they don't have my phone number yet, but I do get their junk mail frequently.

Quote:

Epimax1 wrote:

Do what I did:

1. Give cell # to home security company and tell them to call that number instead of your land line.

2. Remove all land line phones except one (for emergencies). Turn off ringer on that one.

No more annoying calls.

That's a great idea. We recently switched cell phone service, so now we have a good signal in the house. Before, nada...
Come to think of it, since the alarm people communicate through the keypad device, I could just turn the damn ringer on the phone off.....Why didn't I think of that before?!
Thanks!!
Posted on: 2009/1/28 11:42

Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

Trae1976 wrote:

Quote:

Epimax1 wrote:

Do what I did:

No more annoying calls.

Howdy!
I just noticed that you're from Bristol! A friend of mine lives in Bristol and we've been there about 6 times or so the past few years. We absolutely love the area, and have thought about moving at times!
Posted on: 2009/1/28 12:13

Johnson City, TN
832 Posts

Quote:

Epimax1 wrote:

Howdy!
I just noticed that you're from Bristol! A friend of mine lives in Bristol and we've been there about 6 times or so the past few years. We absolutely love the area, and have thought about moving at times!

Come on up. Its great for 50 weeks of the year, and 52 if you're a NASCAR fan.

Let me know the next time you're up. If you bring the Vette, I'll show you the best roads. :thumbleft:
Posted on: 2009/1/28 12:41

Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

Trae1976 wrote:
Quote:

Epimax1 wrote:

Howdy!

Come on up. Its great for 50 weeks of the year, and 52 if you're a NASCAR fan.

Let me know the next time you're up. If you bring the Vette, I'll show you the best roads. :thumbleft:

Will do!! I may be headed that way before long to visit my buddy, and if I go solo I'll definitely bring the Vette!
My friends live in Belle Brook, near the top of Cloudland Drive, and I've heard the horror stories about traffic when the race is in town!!
BTW, That is a sweet vette you've got there! I just looked at the photos on your site! Awesome!
Posted on: 2009/1/28 12:49

Johnson City, TN
832 Posts

Quote:

Epimax1 wrote:
Will do!! I may be headed that way before long to visit my buddy, and if I go solo I'll definitely bring the Vette!

Great! But don't come real soon, my car's still "in the shop".

Quote:

Epimax1 wrote:
My friends live in Belle Brook, near the top of Cloudland Drive, and I've heard the horror stories about traffic when the race is in town!!

Can't say that I've ever been on Cloudland in the 8 years I've lived in Bristol. We live in the Hunter Hills area, just off Old Jonesboro Road.

And yes, all the traffic stories are true.

Quote:

Epimax1 wrote:
BTW, That is a sweet vette you've got there! I just looked at the photos on your site! Awesome!

Just a driver, but we try to baby it.
Posted on: 2009/1/28 17:58

Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

Trae1976 wrote:
Quote:

Epimax1 wrote:

Great! But don't come real soon, my car's still "in the shop".

Quote:

Epimax1 wrote:

Can't say that I've ever been on Cloudland in the 8 years I've lived in Bristol. We live in the Hunter Hills area, just off Old Jonesboro Road.

And yes, all the traffic stories are true.

Quote:

Epimax1 wrote:

Just a driver, but we try to baby it.

Ha!! Mine's about to be in the 'shop' too! Lowering is next on my 'to-do-list'! It'll probably be late Feb or early March before I can get away! I'll keep you posted!
Posted on: 2009/1/29 11:46

Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

They just called me up again. I pressed '1'.

"Year, make and model of your vehicle?"

I told 'em it's an '01 Conestoga.

He said, "Excuse me."

"C-O-N-E-S-T-O-G-A. 1901, Covered Wagon."

Click. I guess that means no warranty available?

Here we go...
Posted on: 2009/2/3 15:49

Resized Image

Johnson City, TN
832 Posts

Posted on: 2009/2/3 16:32

Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Maybe I shoulda' just said convertible pimpmobile with 28" rims?

Attach file:

jpg  '01Conestoga_ragtop.jpg (52.79 KB)
1687_498909c61cf77.jpg 503X462 px
Posted on: 2009/2/4 3:21

Resized Image

Danspeed1 Re: "The Factory Warranty on Your Vehicle
Elite Guru
1121 Posts

That's what they did to me, a couple months ago.

What year sir? 1971, click

Believe it or not since I posted this thread they have not called since. For a while there it was happening a couple of times a day.

DG
Posted on: 2009/2/4 3:27
1996 Ford Explorer
2009 Cadillac CTS-v

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.