Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
227 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C6
Abbreviation for the 6th generation of Corvettes built starting in 2005 and are still in production....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 05.23.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22810 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Welcome to Saturday. I slept in a bit this morning, I was beat. I don't know why. Guess I just needed to catch up on a bit of sleep.

We are taking the baby to the doctor at 9:30 for her check up. We changed the dressing last night and the red parts of her hand seem to have healed well but the blisters were *huge*. The cream seems to be helping, though. We'll see what the doctor says.

I've also gotta run to HD today and pick up a few odds and ends for around the house. I might also stop at the pool store and pick up chemicals. After that, it'll be time to bbq, a couple of our cousins are coming over to hang out. Should be a fun time.

What's everyone else got planned?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/5/23 12:20

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 05.23.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! I'm supposed to play golf at 10AM, so it would be nice if it quits raining sometime before then. We uncovered all the patio stuff yesterday, since the forecast didn't include any rain - the cushions should dry out by July.
Posted on: 2009/5/23 12:29

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 05.23.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33798 Posts

I just got back from a whirlwind 700 mile round trip in 2 days to Jacksonville and back. Whoo Hoo! This is a kinda Chris type saga. Looks like the economy has finally had a major impact on me directly. My son called me Wednesday to ask a favor of me. Could I loan him some money. It appears he was facing eviction and was having difficulty in finding employment (like prozac) in Jacksonville. After discusing his financial situation, I told him that in my opinion it was best to just stop the financial bleeding and move back to Homestead where he can work in our family business and pull a decent wage while he recovers financially from the messy state of his finances. Although not thrilled at the prospect, he saw the logic in our thoughts and moved back here. We are trying to find him an affordable place to live now. Until we do, he stays at home with us and we'll help get him straightened out financially. He is rather indepentdent, so it's more of a hand up than a hand out. Shit!! In the end , he's gonna get it all anyway. LOL.
Posted on: 2009/5/23 13:08

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 05.23.09
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Good luck, Tommy, sounds like your son made the right decision for now.

I'm haded to the racetrack to catch the start of the 24 Hours of Lemons race, I know some guys who are running.
I have to e back this afternoon to pick up 370 sq ft of hardwood flooring.

This was yesterday. Note the patiented circular saw dust reducer.

Attach file:

jpg  IMGP0463.JPG (0.00 KB)

jpg  IMGP0465.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2009/5/23 13:36

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

It's great that you have that option for your son, Tommy - many are not so fortunate.
Posted on: 2009/5/23 13:51

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

CSS996 Re: Saturday Chat 05.23.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

I hope the Dr. visit goes well, Matt.

Tommy, I hope your son gets back on his feet soon. It is great that you can help him out that way. I don't think my parents could help me much if I needed it. And I hope I don't have to find out.

I replaced the Amigo yesterday. Not with the vehicle I mentioned yesterday though.

I probably made a big mistake, but I stopped at the Ford dealership and was looking for a small Honda or Toyota. The ones they had there were out of my price range. I told the guy who came to bug me that I had $9,000 to spend. I said I wanted something with plenty of cargo room that was fun to drive.

Well, he showed me a 2004 Lincoln LS V8...

I went online to read reviews on it, because honestly, American cars other than Vettes aren't normally my thing. I read a bunch of glowing reviews on performance, features and reliability. So I am hoping it is an OK car. Coz it is in my driveway now. Was almost $11k OTD. I got $800 for my busted-ass Amigo... Gonna miss that little turd. I am as sad to see it go as I am excited to have something new.

The car is a cranberry red, and has 49k miles. Goes pretty well! Awesome stereo.
It has a 3.9L 280hp V8 and rear wheel drive, which I love!
It has all kinds of toys in it, like heated and air conditioned seats. Crazy.
I found out after I got it home that it shares some components with the Jaguar S Type, so that scares me...

Fingers crossed that I didn't make a big mistake. It sure runs great, and everything works for now.

Pix later. I am preparing to take my mom back to the airport. I'll celebrate tonite!
Posted on: 2009/5/23 15:39

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 05.23.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33798 Posts

There is always a fine line when it comes to helping your kids. I don't want to spoil him and make him my dependant again. Just try to get him out of a jam. My wife and him are known to have differences of opinion but she loves him dearly. He's a little stubborn and head strong ........like me. I wonder where he got that from.
Posted on: 2009/5/23 17:58

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 05.23.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22810 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
He's a little stubborn and head strong ........like me. I wonder where he got that from.

Probably got those traits from his real father. It's just a coincidence you two share them. (that's for calling DCFS!)

Chris - I always liked those cars since they came out. Nice looking. Hope it works out well for you in the winter months, I know the snow can be crap out there.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/5/23 18:09

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Advanced Track Traction Control... I'm invincible!!!
Posted on: 2009/5/23 19:34

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

What's the new floor gonna look like, Bill?

With all you've done to your place, you could make some nice profit when you're ready to sell. Assuming the housing market adjusts in the next couple years...
Posted on: 2009/5/23 23:13

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 05.23.09
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
What's the new floor gonna look like, Bill?

With all you've done to your place, you could make some nice profit when you're ready to sell. Assuming the housing market adjusts in the next couple years...

Chris, the new stuff is read oak (engineered), the color is called straw. I just picked it up, 370 sq ft.
It should go well with the new door molding and baseboard that's Colonial Maple.

I'll do OK when I sell even now I have $200 to $250k equity, but I don't want to wait too long. I want a shop, like a 6 car. I'm sick of wood butchering and want to play with cars.
Posted on: 2009/5/24 0:03

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Sounds like the new stuff will brighten things up a little. Can't wait to see the "after" pix!
Posted on: 2009/5/24 0:24

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 05.23.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12384 Posts

Well guys, I nearly didn't make it here today. It's been one busy day for me. The in-laws came yesterday afternoon for a working visit (more later), I got checked out from school and headed over to the "city" to get the new tires on the Vette (I love the new Michelins), my oldest daughter and her family got here about 7pm last night for a long visit. I had planned on detailing the daughter minivan, so I got it washed and claybarred last night by 10pm.

This morning I got up pretty early and started the polishing of the black metallic Honda and worked about 4 hours on it. It looks pretty good too.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/toms94/detailing/Rosiesdresser009.jpg[/IMG]
Got it done just in time for her to take it out to her 15 year reunion get together.

So the father-in-law and I went out to the shop. I am building them all new kitchen cabinets for their house. I could do it without his help, but he wants to "help", so they are here for a week or so helping. I had started on them Thursday after school, getting many of the parts machined. So today FIL and I assembled the cabinets. Tomorrow I start building the face-frames, then the doors and drawers. That took me up to about 5pm. Cleaned up and went to church. Our minister was having problems with his laptop, so he asked me to see if I could take care of it. So I have been working on it for about three hours now. Having a hard time keeping my eyes open, so I think I'll call it a night.

I think I'm ready for school to start again....I work way too hard when I'm home.....
Posted on: 2009/5/24 3:31

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

bogus Re: Saturday Chat 05.23.09
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

whew... what a day!

My clutch parts only arrived late today... the FedEx lady is nuts... totally whacked.

I did a tire rotation and drum brake inspection on the Jeep. All is great. The Jeep has just over 130k on it... and the drums must have 50k left! Also, the tires are Goodrich A/Ts... they have a treadwear of 500!!! I suspect they will dry rot before wearing out. I do need to get an alignment, but not before I rebuild the front suspension. All the rubber is shit.

We got new phones today. Bastet44 got the latest HTC from at&t, it's call the fuze. Cool. Very cool. I succumed and got an iPhone, 8gig version. It's charging... I need to do the data swap thing next.

Tommy - glad to year your son is going to get things sorted out. That's what good parents are for - a helping hand!

Matt - kids at that age are like rubber... they are so damned resilient!

Chris - saw the new car! Looks nice.

Bill - I can't wait to see the after pics. That old floor has seen better days. we will be going with a bamboo floor whenever that day comes.

Brad - hope the golf game went well!!!
Posted on: 2009/5/24 4:20

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

CentralCoaster Re: Saturday Chat 05.23.09
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I did some landscaping and filled up 12 trashbags of lawn and weeds today. Beat that!

Renting some rooms out so I have to at least try to make the place look as good as it does in the photos.

Sheesh, and I only have 8500 sq ft of property. How do you guys with a 1/2 acre in weedville pull it off?
Posted on: 2009/5/24 5:18

bogus Re: Saturday Chat 05.23.09
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Power tool dude...lotsa power tools!

Ooh.... My first iPhone post!!!
Posted on: 2009/5/24 7:58

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 05.23.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22810 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
I filled up 12 trashbags of weed today. Beat that!

So that's how you're paying the rent now?

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/5/24 15:46

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Resized Image
Posted on: 2009/5/24 16:08

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.