Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
280 user(s) are online (240 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Rat Motor
GM production big block engines were known as Rat motors.

'W' Series:

5.7L 348ci - 1958 thru 1964
6.7L 409ci - 1961 thru 1965
7.0L 427ci (Z11...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Friday Chat 08.07.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, I'm tired this morning Couldn't fall asleep last night. Ugh. It happens intermittently. One day I sleep great, next day I sleep like crap. No rhyme or reason. Oh well.

Wifey is at work today, so her brother will be watching the rugrat. Supposed to be decent weather today, then 90-92 on Sat and 95-98 on Sun. Wow. Haven't seen temps like that in a while. Time to finally use the pool I've felt so guilty about not swimming in.

Anyone taking today off?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/8/7 11:26

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 08.07.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Let me pass on a funny story about our 25th Wedding Anniversary that just happened on Wednesday. It's funny in a sad kinda way. We woke up, got dressed and decided to start the day with breakfast at a restaurant. We were also going shopping on the last possible day to find her a similar white gold bracelet to the one she bought me and stored just for this occasion. On the way to breakfast she asked me what I did with the money. I was carrying cash so I could negotiate the best possible price at the jewelers. Money talks ya know. I had the money in a seprate black leather wallet in my left front pocket. A massive discussion evolved about how I was carrying the money and I should not have it all in one place. What if someone were to see it? blah, blah ,blah. She was so pissed off she pulled over twice before she got to the restaurant and wanted to take me back home and just cancel the whole idea. We sat through breakfast without speaking a word. By splitting the location of the funds I now had to go into the bathroom to pull out money to pay for breakfast so no one would see I was carrying money. She eventually settled down but , man ; It never ends....... Once you've said "I do" or "I will" believe me when I say that's all your spouse will ever want to hear for the rest of your natural or unnatural married life. We got the bracelet later that day and went out for dinner. Don't tell anybody, but I'm glad that day is over. I figure I'll be gone by the time the gold anniversary rolls around but if not ..................
Posted on: 2009/8/7 11:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Friday Chat 08.07.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12369 Posts

I think my wife knows better than to ask me those kind of things...maybe the additional 9 years...I don't know. She is not so into those kinds of things, thank God. But we will be headed to Colorado Sunday, in the Corvette, so we will spend our anniversary driving 6 hours to our vacation spot. I'll take her out to dinner Sunday evening. For our thirtieth our girls threw us a party, DJ, dance, the whole nine yards, that's more what my wife likes, family get togethers, friends, socializing. It was a great time.

Well I just got a phone call from my daughter and I get a reprieve today from the grandsons, hubby is off work today so they stayed home with their dad. Think I'll get the Corvette down and go over it for the trip and start packing.
Posted on: 2009/8/7 13:29

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

CSS996 Re: Friday Chat 08.07.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Sorry the anniversary was tarnished, Tommy. Sometimes my wife gets a bit like that. Control Freak... It is rather demeaning.

She is in a management position at Wal-Mart, and most of the time, I feel like one of her less than stellar employees. Not sure if I can stand it for the rest of my life.

Slowly I turned.... Step, by step....
Posted on: 2009/8/7 14:31

captmike13 Re: Friday Chat 08.07.09
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

I have today off. Benefits of a 9/80 work schedule every other Friday off. Speaking of anniversaries I spent it here in Fort Wayne and she was in Portland not one of the better times we had. Hope everyone has a great day.
Posted on: 2009/8/7 15:34

captmike13@yahoo.com

DreamRide Re: Friday Chat 08.07.09
Senior Guru
Springfield, TN
226 Posts

33 Years here Tommy. Been there done that. .... So you can't let people see the cash, but the flash of the bracelet won't attract attention?

Kinda been procrastinating but I think I might get some primer on the 79' this weekend. Getting awful close to really good cruising weather. Don't want to miss a minute of it.
Posted on: 2009/8/7 15:48

Sweet90 Re: Friday Chat 08.07.09
Elite Guru
Edmonton, Alberta
1143 Posts

That's too bad Tommy. My wife and I agreed years ago to
stop buying presents for each other. What we do when a special occasion is near is we both go out and buy something we both can actually can use like new stereos, TV's, furniture etc. If she wants jewelry or whatever, she just buys what she wants.
It's not very romantic I know, but we always go out for a really nice dinner to celebrate and the stress level is non-existent for both of us.

Jim
Posted on: 2009/8/7 15:48

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Don't get me wrong. We both get over stuff quickly and the rest of the day after breakfast went along OK. We are both head strong and dominant type people. I don't like anybody telling me what to do. She likes to tell everybody what to do. We knew this and I even mentioned it before we got married. After 26 years together the game remains the same except I had to let a couple of things go along the way. Giving them up was good for me and good for my health.. One of her positive traits is she knows how to get things done and done right. It better be done right or you won't hear the end of it till it is. She's no quitter.
Posted on: 2009/8/7 16:23

BrianCunningham Re: Friday Chat 08.07.09
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Work has a 'bring your classic car to work' day today

(sorry, no pics DoD site )

White Mid-year 'Vette, with the radio all the way in the back

Jaguar XKE roadster
'71 Buick Skylark 'vert
'64 GTO with tri-power
a Deuce coupe
to name a few

Looking forward to the barbeque Sunday with my Corvette club.
Posted on: 2009/8/7 16:59

bastet44 Re: Friday Chat 08.07.09
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Good morning, Gurus!

Gonna have brunch this morning with my mom (she's on vaca), and then a couple errands. And then Andy comes home this afternoon!

Tommy - having met your wife, I can totally see the whole scenario you described, but you guys are a great matched set!

Happy Friday!
Posted on: 2009/8/7 17:23

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Friday, August 7, 2009

insouciant
\in-SOO-see-uhnt\, adjective:

Marked by lighthearted unconcern or indifference; carefree; nonchalant.
Posted on: 2009/8/7 17:23

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I tried to peek through the keyhole but it was insouciant.

Posted on: 2009/8/7 17:29

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Mmm, we went to Corner Bakery, and I had a Tomato-Mozzarella-Roasted Red Pepper sandwich on ciabatta and a cup of Roasted Tomato-Basil soup. Yum! I also had a coupon for a free pastry, so I have a slice of Cinnamon Creme Cake waiting for me later.
Posted on: 2009/8/7 19:50

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I guess I'll have to settle for a Velveeta grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of tomato soup.
Posted on: 2009/8/7 20:50

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.