Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
292 user(s) are online (250 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 08.10.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Welcome back to reality folks, it's Monday morning. Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend.

Funny story as I'm sitting here looking at my desk. I always shred all of my junk mail and anything that has personal information on it. Sometimes I don't even open the envelope first if it's known junk mail. So I got a letter on Saturday from some weird address and company I've never heard of. I was getting ready to send it through the shredder, and I decided to open it just to make sure it was garbage. Turns out I have an overage on my mortgage escrow and they sent me a check for about $500. Ha! When's the last time your mortgage company sent *you* money? Granted, it was mine to begin with, but still. Would have been a big PIA if I had shredded it, though, because they would have already taken it off my escrow account and it would disappear into the world of accounting never never land. Oh well. All's well that ends well.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/8/10 11:32

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 08.10.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Key to sorting junk mail. Look in the upper right hand corner. Anything First Class might be worth looking at before you dump it. Non profit, Bulk Busines Mail, Presort Standard are all candidates for the recycle bin. Hopefully you squirrelled that $500 away Matt. You'll probably need it for the never ending rolling refurbishing project. If ever you give to a charitable organization you should do so anonomously or they'll spend $20 trying to get another $20 out of you. I had all that stuff cleaned up pretty well until I donated to the Humane Society of the United States. Now I have more mail stickers, a calender and some note pads that I could really have done without. I dropped them off my list because they obviously don't know how to use my donation. I worked a little yesterday. Cut some grass, washed my wifes truck, did a little painting and made dinner. The son was working and the wife was visiting Nana. Made for a quite and peaceful day yesterday. Off to work on the project house today. Screening, remove some bad wood, patching and maybe some painting. It's moving right along. The bathtub is being replaced and set so sonny boy is here for a few days while we get the place liveable.
Posted on: 2009/8/10 12:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

DreamRide Re: Monday Chat 08.10.09
Senior Guru
Springfield, TN
226 Posts

Morning ya'll. Well I didn't get the primer on. My wife had way more important things for me to do. (in her mind any way) So I spent the weekend weed eating and shampooing every rug and piece of cloth covered furniture in the house. Oh well, maybe I'll go fly fishing this afternoon. Have a good week ya'll.
Posted on: 2009/8/10 12:27

Epimax Re: Monday Chat 08.10.09
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Morning Y'all !

Well, last week was the week from hell here at work, so hopefully it'll be better this week...I can dream, right?

Got a phone call from a former lab director who wants me to come to work for him at a place in Columbia MO.
The only thing I know about Columbia MO is that they have one helluva hooters!

He asked me what it would take to get me out there, and I threw out a ridiculous number , and I'll be damned if he didn't meet it. This makes me a little uneasy for some reason...

Now, I'm not sure what to do. The offer is sweet, really sweet- and would more than make up for my wifes income (Stay at home Mom since baby was born)...but relocation....ughh..
I'm flying out to see the place at the end of August so I can have a better idea of what to do....

It could be a blessing, or it could be one of those 'the grass is not always greener' situations...

Anyway, sorry for the ramble...
Y'all have a good day!
Posted on: 2009/8/10 12:49

BrianCunningham Re: Monday Chat 08.10.09
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Good weekend

Club had a barbecue with lots of members in attendance.

I avoided all forums this weekend, since I DVR'ed a tape delay of the Corvette new GT2 cars @ Mid-Ohio
Posted on: 2009/8/10 13:19

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Epimax wrote:
Y'all have a good day!

That's something to ramble about. Big decisions take serious thought and evaluation. Only you can make the final decision but gather the facts, weigh the pros and cons and don't forget to listen to your gut. There's something to be said about new beginnings. How will it impact your retirement, healthcare, social network? Now look who's rambling.
Posted on: 2009/8/10 13:22

CSS996 Re: Monday Chat 08.10.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

That's exciting news, David! Hopefully the Big Guy can help you make the right decision.

Speaking of new beginnings, last night was my daughter's first night in her dorm room. Five hours there, six hours back and some moderate lifting has me pretty much worn out. Think I'll take it easy today.

I'll try and focus on the positive aspects of her being gone.
My older son gets her bedroom, so the boys don't have to share anymore. The driveway will be less congested, so the Vette will be easier to access.
Our "too small" house will get a little bigger.

She's a great kid. I'm super excited for her and what her future holds.
Posted on: 2009/8/10 14:53

joeld Re: Monday Chat 08.10.09
Guru
Lawrenceville Ga
718 Posts

Good morning! Spent the usual Fri. and Sat with the Grandaughter, really enjoy these early years with her.
I got lucky with the fan noise in the freezer section of my frig. Just had a build-up of ice around the inside of the fan cover. Used a hair dryer and melted it all, no more noise! But , it ticks me off some that ice would form there.

Went thru the same thing with my kids several years ago with the shipping off to school. It is a long, lonely ride back home.

After reading some of these of posts of all the work some of you guys get done in one day has shown me I've become a "slacker" lately. I like it!

Have a good day
Joel
Posted on: 2009/8/10 15:36

bastet44 Re: Monday Chat 08.10.09
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Good morning, Gurus!

I'm looking forwared to a relatively mild work week - so far only 1 scheduled off-site training and that's it!

Gabbycat was on my desk chair this morning - I can tell cuz she left a claw behind. Maybe that's why she was looking for me earlier.

Off to make some breakfast/lunch.

Happy Monday!
Posted on: 2009/8/10 17:36

teebee Re: Monday Chat 08.10.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

well I got up early and went out to pay golf, it was down right chilly...42 degrees. It warmed up pretty quickly though. I played reasonably well. Came back ate lunch and took a nap. I haven't done much of anything since then...isn't vacation great!
Posted on: 2009/8/10 22:31

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

bastet44 Re: Monday Chat 08.10.09
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day, Monday, August 10, 2009

peradventure
\puhr-uhd-VEN-chuhr; pehr-\ ,

adverb:
1.[Archaic] Possibly; perhaps.

noun:
1.Chance, uncertainty, or doubt.
Posted on: 2009/8/10 23:25

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Ahh! Whitewater rafting ..... It's worth every dime peradventure.
Posted on: 2009/8/10 23:34

Epimax Re: Monday Chat 08.10.09
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Epimax wrote:
Y'all have a good day!

That's something to ramble about. Big decisions take serious thought and evaluation. Only you can make the final decision but gather the facts, weigh the pros and cons and don't forget to listen to your gut. There's something to be said about new beginnings. How will it impact your retirement, healthcare, social network? Now look who's rambling.

Thanks Tommmy,
The retirement program is much better, healthcare is equilavent or maybe even a little better..Pay..well..50% increase...
Social Network? What da hell is that? THIS is my social network.
Hopefully I'll have a better grasp of the situation once I go out and see the place and iron out the details in person. Then I'l come back home and think on it a spell before I decide...
Posted on: 2009/8/11 9:59

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.