Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 11.14.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, I'm here, so it looks like we all made it past Friday the 13th....that was a huge relief.

Working a couple more days then I'm off for a few. Gotta watch the baby while my wife will be working, though, so no play time for daddy. I was with her all day yesterday and she's teething really bad. She just screams and wants to be carried around. Can't really blame her, huh? Teething gel helps a little bit, but it's not the end-all. Hopefully these couple she's got coming out now make it soon and end the misery.

Any big plans for the weekend?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/11/14 12:38

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 11.14.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33776 Posts

Wifey is working an agriculture show for today and tomorrow. I'm headed to the airport later today to pick someone up. Routine chores remain on the list. We'll see what gets done as the day progresses.

Matt, you have my sympathy. This could be the future Yoko Ono.

Posted on: 2009/11/14 13:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Durango_Boy Re: Saturday Chat 11.14.09
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

Sarah and I are going to Springfield Missouri today to visit a good friend. We'll be back tomorrow in time for football.
Posted on: 2009/11/14 14:25

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 11.14.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Gloomy day here - the Mrs. thinks I'm going to clean the carpet today. We bought one of those Keurig single-cup coffee machines yesterday, so maybe I'll get really wired up on caffeine before I start cleaning, zip through it in no time.
Posted on: 2009/11/14 14:30

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

1Fast04Vert Re: Saturday Chat 11.14.09
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

I leave to pick my son up at the Columbia, SC airport this afternoon. Shame they could not fly him into Atlanta, but after two years overseas I am just glad to see him re-assigned to a US airbase (Shaw AFB, Sumter, SC). He has two weeks leave so he will be home for Thanksgiving as well.
Since today is also my birthday it is like an extra and very nice birthday present.
Posted on: 2009/11/14 15:04

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

95vette wrote:
I leave to pick my son up at the Columbia, SC airport this afternoon. Shame they could not fly him into Atlanta, but after two years overseas I am just glad to see him re-assigned to a US airbase (Shaw AFB, Sumter, SC). He has two weeks leave so he will be home for Thanksgiving as well.
Since today is also my birthday it is like an extra and very nice birthday present.

An excellent birthday present, indeed - congrats!!
Posted on: 2009/11/14 16:29

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 11.14.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Quote:

95vette wrote:

Congrats and tell him thanks!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/11/14 23:16

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33776 Posts

Quote:

95vette wrote:

Speaking of birthday present ..... :occasion1:

Posted on: 2009/11/14 23:28

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 11.14.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12375 Posts

Hi guys! I got up early and went down to school to do a brake job on my pickup. It has been squeaking when I back up, she has over 100K on her, so I figured it was time. Pulled things apart and found that the fronts weren't too bad, Drivers side front rotor was worn a little funny but there was lots of pad left. Passenger side front rotor and pads were in pretty good shape. Passenger side rear inside pad was down to squeaker (there's where the noise was coming from) but the outside pad looked like it was only half used? Drivers side rear looked pretty good. I had already bought new rotors and pads so I proceeded to go ahead. I broke off the T-55 torx bit trying to get the caliper bolt loosened on the very first bolt, so had to stop and go buy another, finally got that done and then had a heck of a time removing the "halos" but did. Then when I pulled the dr side rear rotor off, the e-brake pad had ground a groove into the rotor about an 1/8" deep. Apparently some time when the e-brake had been applied, it didn't release. Anyway I got it all back together and then sucked out the master cylinder of all the old crappy looking fluid and replaced with new and then bled all. I've got really good brakes again, ready for another 100K...but it took most of the day.

Weather is supposed to move it tonight and we are under a winter storm watch until noon Monday.
Posted on: 2009/11/15 3:21

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Hi guys! I got up early and went down to school to do a brake job on my pickup. It has been squeaking when I back up, she has over 100K on her, so I figured it was time. Pulled things apart and found that the fronts weren't too bad, Drivers side front rotor was worn a little funny but there was lots of pad left. Passenger side front rotor and pads were in pretty good shape. Passenger side rear inside pad was down to squeaker (there's where the noise was coming from) but the outside pad looked like it was only half used? Drivers side rear looked pretty good. I had already bought new rotors and pads so I proceeded to go ahead. I broke off the T-55 torx bit trying to get the caliper bolt loosened on the very first bolt, so had to stop and go buy another, finally got that done and then had a heck of a time removing the "halos" but did. Then when I pulled the dr side rear rotor off, the e-brake pad had ground a groove into the rotor about an 1/8" deep. Apparently some time when the e-brake had been applied, it didn't release. Anyway I got it all back together and then sucked out the master cylinder of all the old crappy looking fluid and replaced with new and then bled all. I've got really good brakes again, ready for another 100K...but it took most of the day.

Weather is supposed to move it tonight and we are under a winter storm watch until noon Monday.

That seems like a lot of work. My wife's solution to your brake problem would've been to:

a). Don't back up, or
b). Turn up the radio
Posted on: 2009/11/15 5:08

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12375 Posts

Funny you say that Brad. I am also dealing with a problem with my youngest daughter (married and have daughter of their own). Here is the short version:

She calls me last Sunday and says that her car, an 06 Mercury Mariner, was having problems. Apparently, they went to WallyWorld, and everything was fine, when they came out they started it and started to back out, but the engine was running real rough, so she pulled back in and parked it. Her hubby pops the hood and checks oil and finds no oil on the dipstick. Goes back in and buys some oil and puts in three quarts to bring it up to the safe zone. But now the engine won't start. Have it hauled to a mechanic where they tell her that she needs a new engine. They don;t have the money for a new engine, so guess who is putting a new engine in their car? I found a used engine and she talked to her boss (kind of a gearhead about my age) and he said he'd do the swap for her.

During my initial talk with her I asked if they checked to the oil.."No since we changed it 5000 miles back." "You don't check the oil when you fill with gas?" "No, are we supposed to?" I guess I did too much for them as they grew up and didn't teach them enough....
Posted on: 2009/11/15 15:05

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33776 Posts

Well what's that light on the instrument panel for?
Posted on: 2009/11/15 18:48

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12375 Posts

She said no lights came on!
Posted on: 2009/11/15 19:23

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 11.14.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

That helps illuminate the mirror for applying eye shadow and blush.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/11/16 12:17

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12375 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

That helps illuminate the mirror for applying eye shadow and blush.

Matthew

There you go!
Posted on: 2009/11/17 2:04

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.