Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
184 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vertte
Shorthand notation for Corvette Convertible. See also vert and vette...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 11.23.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Welcome back to the work week. Hopefully everyone had a safe and enjoyable weekend.

Can you believe it's T-Giving week already!?! We've got family coming in to stay with us and then the whole clan is going to my wife's aunt's house for turkey day. Should be fun. Lots of people and lots of drinking (except for me, of course, I have to work the next day). No Black Friday shopping for me.

Baby is doing better, but now wifey is sick. Has a sore throat, tired, overall lethargic and feeling like crap. Hope she gets better soon. But I'm healthy! Ha.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/11/23 12:35

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 11.23.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Monday came way too fast again, has a tendency to do that. Another ho-hum victory for the Vikings - it has been a fun season so far. I had a strange, frustrating dream last night - I dreamed that I had a GTO but kept forgetting I had it because of the Vette. Not sure what that means, but I should probably search eBay just in case it's some kind of omen.

Hopw your Mrs. feels better, Matt!
Posted on: 2009/11/23 13:37

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Epimax Re: Monday Chat 11.23.09
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Good Morning!

Weekend came and went fast, but at least it's a short week!

Saints are 10-0 for the first time in history I never thought I'd live to see the day!!

Hope your wife gets better soon Matt!
Posted on: 2009/11/23 13:58

teebee Re: Monday Chat 11.23.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

I got all my spraying done this weekend and got the cabinets finished up ready to install. We are all packed up and ready to leave for KC as soon as I get out of school....with one minor delay.

I went to a Knights of Columbus meeting last night and thought of something that I needed at home. So I pulled out my phone and it is dead. What really hacks me off is, it was working not 2 hours before. I can't really complain as this phone is over 4 years old and had performed flawlessly until yesterday. The worst is, I lost all my phone numbers. so I'll have to get a new phone before we head out today.
Posted on: 2009/11/23 14:47

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 11.23.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Epimax wrote:
Good Morning!

Saints are 10-0 for the first time in history I never thought I'd live to see the day!!

Looking forward to a Vikes-Saints match-up in the playoffs ;-)
Posted on: 2009/11/23 15:33

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Epimax Re: Monday Chat 11.23.09
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Quote:

Epimax wrote:
Good Morning!

Looking forward to a Vikes-Saints match-up in the playoffs ;-)

That would be a great game!
Posted on: 2009/11/23 19:34

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 11.23.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

TB - Sucks about the phone! Try taking it to the store to see if the geeks can get the numbers off. And I still wanna see the pics of those cabinets.

As for me, the wife was feeling so ill this morning and was so worried about the baby that she called me at work and I left at 10:30. After she saw the pediatrician the other day with the fever, he said "don't worry about her unless she has diarrhea". Well, wife said the baby had it 4 times already by the time she called me, plus refused to eat anything and so she was flipping out. After we called to make an emergency appt, they told us don't worry about her unless she's not drinking liquids. So I took the baby out with me (so wifey could sleep), picked up some lunch for my wife, and came back and put the baby down. I got her to eat some solids and drank so milk before her nap so I'm happy about that. Wifey got to nap and have some tea, lunch, etc, to make her feel better. Overall looks like the household is on the mend. Whew. And the day is only half over! Maybe I can find some alone time later for daddy to work out.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/11/23 20:05

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 11.23.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
The worst is, I lost all my phone numbers. so I'll have to get a new phone before we head out today.

Sim card may still be good and your numbers will be saved. Also some phone companies can pull the numbers off the card and you can transfer them. If you get a replica of your phone you could transfer the card and be good to go.
Posted on: 2009/11/23 21:02

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

Back from a big family gathering. Lots of problems and I had to let them know I'm not the solution. Mom is doing great. 83 and going strong. We went to the Hungarian club in Venice for some music and dance. 2 of my sisters were there with my BILS. Dinner was Hungarian Gulash ..... MMMmmmm good ..... Spent 3 days hanging with Mom. She makes me eat 3 times a day plus snacks . LOL.
Posted on: 2009/11/23 21:10

vetteblondie Re: Monday Chat 11.23.09
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

All my fits from friday at work came back to bite me today, ended up in the publisher's office over all that crap. Just what I need two weeks before my permanent vacation. Trying to keep my nose clean but this one old hag purposefully pushes my buttons. Turns out wasn't just me she hacked off friday and three or four others were after her too. We'll see how that plays out. Applied for another open slot at the office today as well. Don't expect to get it but at least the unemployment office can't say I didn't try. Having a nice burbon and coke and settling in for the evening.
Posted on: 2009/11/23 23:58

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

CSS996 Re: Monday Chat 11.23.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Well, after the shortest chat ever on Sunday, I figured I could add one to the thread count if nothing else.

My daughter is coming for a visit for the break. Will be good to see her. I still don't feel like I'm old enough to have a kid in college.

At what age am I supposed to stop laughing when I fart?

Good luck with the next chapter, Blondie. Happened to me last December. Overall, it was the kick in the pants I needed to do what I really wanted to do with my life. I hope you find something that makes you happy and pays the bills. In that order.
Posted on: 2009/11/24 3:33

vetteblondie Re: Monday Chat 11.23.09
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

Thanks much. The paramedic thing is looking better all the time. If I could go back to chemistry/premed-general surgery I would, but it's been way too long. But wow the money would be nicer. Either way, paramedics don't do too bad for themselves here.
i could just go to the beach and sell seashells by the seashore....
Posted on: 2009/11/24 3:46

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:

At what age am I supposed to stop laughing when I fart?

Wait till you get a little older. Your gonna be laughing your ass off.
Posted on: 2009/11/24 12:09

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.