Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
194 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ZF6
A 6-speed manual transmission, standard from 1989 to 1996.

Very stout.

There are two distinct versions, the original “Black Tag,” 1989-E1...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 02.04.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Just a quick chat for me today, computer is running slow so I'm running behind. Not much new and exciting. Got the trim up in the family room last night. Still need to pick up the base shoe and stain the t-molding. Wife is getting antsy and wants to clean up the house. It's almost time. I'm getting sick of tripping over displaced furniture, too.

Last day of work for me before the weekend and I'm excited. Not sure what I'll be doing all weekend, maybe relax a bit.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/2/4 12:44

biggrizzly Re: Thursday Chat 02.04.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Crap... Snow is on the way again. This time we are supposed to get dumped on big time. I have heard predictions anywhere from 12" to 36". Of course it would do this on a weekend!! I'd rather a Monday and then I might be able to get off work for a day or two.

Matt, It will be nice to get all the furniture back in place and the area cleaned back up. A job well done! Make sure to get some final photos posted after its all trimmed and back together.

The family of our Corvette friend that passed away this week has asked all his Corvette buddies to drive thier cars for the funeral procession. I hope the weather holds out next week to make this a long line of Corvettes.
We also are planning to dedicate our summer drag races in memorial to him, and at the end of year awards dinner give an award in his name to the one member that most promotes Corvette Racing within the club.
Posted on: 2010/2/4 13:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 02.04.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hope the weather holds up for you, Don - that forecast sounds ominous! We're supposed to get some, too, but not anywhere near that much. I hope. I saw a C6 on the road yesterday, had to do a double-take.
Posted on: 2010/2/4 13:40

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 02.04.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

It's a pretty day down here today. Called my boat mechanic to figure out my fuel delivery problem, my pool/jacuzzi heater mechanic to get my heater repaired. It won't heat to full temp. Ahh, the trials and tribulations.
One of my wifes' clients told her to take a 9 month old lawnmower to the dump claiming it wouldn't start. She asked if she could have it and he said sure. His son said it wouldn't start so he bought a new one. (people with money).
Sue noticed the oil was low but no other real isues. She topped off the oil, gave it a pull and it started on the first pull. Looks like I have a new lawnmower for the house. My son will get my decade old Craftsman. Have a great day gang. "May the good news be yours."
Posted on: 2010/2/4 13:49

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 02.04.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

We are under another winter weather warning today. Ended up with a a couple inches over night and still coming down. Many area schools are running two hours late, some canceling school altogether. I finished up those cabinets last night and will deliver them this afternoon...after school. While at my church meeting last night, the education director asked me to work on/modify a cabinet for her, and like an idiot I said yes, so I have another cabinet in the shop to work on.

I got a call from the superintendent this morning asking me if I would consider teaching part time next year. As I expected, they are having a hard time finding a replacement. I told him I would be interested in a part time position (4 hours in the morning). This is the same schedule that my wife works, so it will be OK. And I can still do my cabinetry in the afternoons. Might work out for the best.
Posted on: 2010/2/4 15:23

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

Tom, will you still draw full pension?
Posted on: 2010/2/4 16:33

flyboy Re: Thursday Chat 02.04.10
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

I ran over a piece of road junk with the vette yesterday on my way to the cemetary. Second time in a year, sonofabitch. Looked like a truck fender brace. Scratched the frame, dented a header pipe and oil filter, then lodged in the X brace while it carved a hole in the floorpan. At least it didn't puncture the oil filter.
Posted on: 2010/2/4 17:01

vetteblondie Re: Thursday Chat 02.04.10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

We're due more icy rain and snow over the next few days. Who keeps sending me this mess? Thought I might wash/wax vette today but nooooo - it's ugly and raining and it's all I can do to not want to go back to bed
Posted on: 2010/2/4 17:14

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 02.04.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Tom, will you still draw full pension?

Tommy, yes I will receive my full pension. The penalty will be I will have to pay the full amount of KPERS (Kansas Public Employee Retirement System) on my salary. Currently that is about 9% matched by the school district. The plus is I can start receiving the pension and work part time. My pension is free from KS state income tax. This might be a very workable solution for me. This would put me in the same schedule as the wife's work schedule, and still allow me to work on my other cabinet jobs in the afternoon. I'm quite agreeable to this arraignment, if it can be worked out.
Posted on: 2010/2/5 0:43

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

As long as your happy with it that's all that matters.
Posted on: 2010/2/5 4:24

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 02.04.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

Quote:

flyboy wrote:
I ran over a piece of road junk with the vette yesterday on my way to the cemetary.

You have the worst luck with that! Hopefully not too much damage.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/2/5 13:20

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.