Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
298 user(s) are online (258 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 03.27.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, it' supposed to turn into a nice day of 55*. Looking forward to that.

Last night I met up with a group of friends from work and a few of their wives for dinner. A nice Italian place called Maggianos. Food there is very good. Got to BS a bit and relax, enjoyed a nice meal. I had a steak and gorgonzola salad that was excellent. I'm a big fan of anything with steak on it

Other than that I stopped by the Depot yesterday but couldn't find the sanding rolls I wanted, probably not looking in the right spot. They have an inexpensive CH air ratchet for $32, not too bad. I'm still gonna stop by HF later and see what they have. I did, however, make it to pep boys and picked up this:

Resized Image

Should make the upcoming engine pull a little easier.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/3/27 11:48

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 03.27.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Slept in this morning (for me, 8am). I have some work to do in the shop to finish up a set of upper cabinets for a kitchen. Not too much going on other than that. Weather is cloudy cool and raining today and we are under a wind advisory, looking for 50mph gusts. Tomorrow is supposed to be better,highs in the 60's. Everybody have a good day.
Posted on: 2010/3/27 13:21

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Vetron87 Re: Saturday Chat 03.27.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good Morning!!! Semi Sunny today high near 55. Yard work, thatch the yard, edge, and fertilize, clean out pond and start up pumps. I need to drop off softener salt at my daughters and if theres any time left drive the 55. Only 31 days left and retirement! Wood Shop will become 3 new classrooms. Last guy standing!!! Teebee, What will happen to your Shop??
Posted on: 2010/3/27 14:03

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 03.27.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Supposed to rain here today, so it's a good day to get the rest of the tile put up in the shower. I should've been done by now but haven't had time to get to it all week. The Vette needs a bath, so I hope I have time to get that done this weekend.

WTF, they're not going to teach wood shop anymore after you retire, Ron?
Posted on: 2010/3/27 15:37

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

vetteblondie Re: Saturday Chat 03.27.10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Hoping today will be the day I have the motivation and energy to clean the house. Ugh.
Got out late last night and got a tattoo of a dragon that I already had on my leg redone. It's almost 15 years old and needed refreshed.
Been sunny here today too. Another excuse not to clean the house, I wanna be outside....
Posted on: 2010/3/27 16:48

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Howdy! Supposed to rain here today, so it's a good day to get the rest of the tile put up in the shower. I should've been done by now but haven't had time to get to it all week. The Vette needs a bath, so I hope I have time to get that done this weekend.

WTF, they're not going to teach wood shop anymore after you retire, Ron?

Brad no industrial arts teachers left. Technology teachers can not teach woods, welding,machine processes, or vocational auto shop. It becomes a liability thing. Tech teachers can teach robotics, photography, video and radio/tv. Both degrees can teach CAD. Purdue is the last university with the ind.arts degree in 1980. So its adios to woods and hello english computer lab and reading labs.
Talking about having a conflict resolution course for freshmen..seems like the old fashion way has gotten way out hand!!!They didn't ask if I wanted to teach this class!!!
Posted on: 2010/3/27 17:06

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Hoping today will be the day I have the motivation and energy to clean the house. Ugh.
Got out late last night and got a tattoo of a dragon that I already had on my leg redone. It's almost 15 years old and needed refreshed.
Been sunny here today too. Another excuse not to clean the house, I wanna be outside....

VB just had my last laser treatment to removed a tatoo on my thigh.
Posted on: 2010/3/27 17:14

bastet44 Re: Saturday Chat 03.27.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Greetings, Gurus!

Looks to be another beautiful day, here - might even reach the 80s.

Mmm, Maggiano's! I first at one YEARS ago in Chicago, and we only just got them here in LA the last couple years or so.

I bought a new Sony Reader - so far, am loving it!
Posted on: 2010/3/27 18:47

bastet44 Re: Saturday Chat 03.27.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Saturday, March 27, 2010

sylvan
\SIL-vuhn\, adjective:

1. Of or pertaining to woods or forest regions.
2. Living or located in a wood or forest.
3. Abounding in forests or trees; wooded.

noun:
1. A fabled deity or spirit of the woods.
2. One that lives in or frequents the woods or forest; a rustic.
Posted on: 2010/3/27 18:47

vetteblondie Re: Saturday Chat 03.27.10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

I'd considered that but when I got the price for it and what my ankle would look like afterward, ewwww.. For only $100 it's brand new looking and besides, I have always like it. Means something special to me.
You will never, however, see me with a DST... (doggie style tattoo)
Posted on: 2010/3/27 19:24

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

I'd considered that but when I got the price for it and what my ankle would look like afterward, ewwww.. For only $100 it's brand new looking and besides, I have always like it. Means something special to me.
You will never, however, see me with a DST... (doggie style tattoo)

VB my tatoo was where to send the body home too. Vietnam type/got tried of trying to explain tatoo/interesting conversion piece. I like tatoos/I have a trident on my left shoulder.
Posted on: 2010/3/27 23:50

biggrizzly Re: Saturday Chat 03.27.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Hey all - I know its late, but I have been running all over today. I went out with one of my buddies last night and howled at the moon a little. I'm getting too old for that. Hilarious... though, my wife called the bar to see if I was ok! I caught a bunch of crap about that!!!

I'm going back to the garden center in the morning and picking up some more small shrubs to replace some that got damaged by the snow last month. Things are soon going to be blooming again!!

I can't wait!!!!
Posted on: 2010/3/28 0:16

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 03.27.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Ron and all, they are going to try and "find a teacher" to replace me, but I don't hold much hope for that, so we'll see what becomes of the shop...probably become a building for wrestling team eventually. Ron's right, there aren't any more of us 'industrial arts' teacher out there and the tech guys don't have a clue. The only way they'll find someone is if there is a guy somewhere else in the state who wants to leave where he is and move here....fat chance, as soon as they look on a map and see where we are, they decide NOT to apply or show for an interview.

Our daffodils have been blooming for over a week now, even right through the snow we had last week. The yard and garden are the wife's responsibility.

The wind didn't blow as hard as they were predicting...it didn't hurt my feelings at all, and it warmed up more than I figured...54 this afternoon.
Posted on: 2010/3/28 4:07

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.