Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
264 user(s) are online (226 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C5
Abbreviation for the 5th generation of Corvettes built from 1997-2004....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 05.05.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Happy Wednesday. After work yesterday I took the baby for a run and to the park yesterday where she played for about an hour. She started getting cranky so we went home. Just wasn't acting herself. She had been out all day with my wife and was cranky, too. Looks like she's cutting some new teeth and isn't pleased about it. That and from being outside with no sunscreen (we forgot) she got a little sunburn. So she ended up going to sleep about 1 1/2 hours earlier than normal and passed out. Guess she needed the rest. I was worried she'd wake up at 5 and be running around but she's still zonked out. Why can't I sleep like that?

Speed shop is supposed to call me today. They had to order me a flexplate but it is supposed to get there today. I don't think there is anything else to do other than pay the balance! Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/5/5 11:34

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 05.05.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

If needed, rub a little brandy on her gums and then toss back a couple of shots yourself.

Not much excitement here. The thermometer took a nosedive - it was about 80 here yesterday, gonna be 55 today. At least I have a dentist appointment to look forward to.
Posted on: 2010/5/5 12:27

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Vetron87 Re: Wednesday Chat 05.05.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Our nutrition and wellness class next to my wood shop is having a culinary exhibit. It was suppose to be an ethnic taste fest. You notice I said suppose to be! The Fire Dept just left! apparently the deep frier had some issues with being over filled. No one hurt. My fire protection system in the shop started to react by chirping and going from green to armed mode. 21 high volume water suppression heads were alarmed and ready to go. This system was put in when we had the Auto Shop and Weld shop. Over ride system worked like it should have but the system light has not returned to green yet!

God I should write a book!
Posted on: 2010/5/5 12:49

biggrizzly Re: Wednesday Chat 05.05.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

I'm still trying to recover from my mishap at the track on Sunday. At first it was no big deal, now its sinking in that I may be without the car for a while longer and I have a million other responsibilities that need to take priority like put a new roof on the house and finish up a half dozen other things that I have been meaning to do since moving into this house two years ago.

Matt -- I'm pretty excited that your getting your motor back so soon. That's great. I need to go back and re-read your posts when you were removing it, since I'll be doing that again soon too.

Brad -- I'd like to rub some of that booze on my gums and toss a couple back this morning too!

Have a good day guys!
Posted on: 2010/5/5 12:54

PeteK Re: Wednesday Chat 05.05.10
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Happy Wednesday. After work yesterday I took the baby for a run and to the park yesterday where she played for about an hour. She started getting cranky so we went home. Just wasn't acting herself. She had been out all day with my wife and was cranky, too. Looks like she's cutting some new teeth and isn't pleased about it. That and from being outside with no sunscreen (we forgot) she got a little sunburn. So she ended up going to sleep about 1 1/2 hours earlier than normal and passed out. Guess she needed the rest. I was worried she'd wake up at 5 and be running around but she's still zonked out. Why can't I sleep like that?

Speed shop is supposed to call me today. They had to order me a flexplate but it is supposed to get there today. I don't think there is anything else to do other than pay the balance! Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

Be sure to use new flexplate bolts. Be aware that arp bolts do not fit on a 1 piece rear main seal crank. I normally use the Mr. Gaskets brand. They work and fit well.
Posted on: 2010/5/5 13:35

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 05.05.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Ordered flowers for Mommy this morning. Looked through the charges and there was a delivery charge, $9.99 and a care and handling charge of $2.99. That's extortion. The first charge will get it there. The second one will get it there in one piece. Then, of course, the state has to get their cut. I have to relay this to my wife. Maybe she can apply that charge to her deivery charges. Delivery $150 Care and handling $50.
Posted on: 2010/5/5 14:44

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 05.05.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Morning gurus. Matt, I bet you're getting anxious...other than paying for it. Brad, we are cooler today as well, not quite down to what you're going to experience, but 15-20* cooler than yesterday. Don, I can sympathize with you, it's probably going to be a long summer. Ron, man you experience things there, that I have never experienced in 31 years here. Thank God.

We started sanding the bench tops today, and several kids are finishing up a few projects. We will be wrapping up the school year in due time. I had a kink in my back yesterday and I went to the Chiropractor for a treatment, still a bit sore today. One more day of school this week, Friday we are having a "Spring Fling" kind of a play day....a reward for the school because the classes passed the state assessments. Then we let them out early, because we are hosting the biggest track meet in this part of the state and all the teachers have to work it, so I guess in reality we (the teachers) don't get out early but have to work late.

Things could be worse.
Posted on: 2010/5/5 14:46

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Damn tee (and Ron too) I guess you might as well keep working. Between the teachers planning days, holidays, personal days and other special days, it works out you only have to teach about 2 days a week and for those you can call in sick.
Posted on: 2010/5/5 15:01

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Damn tee (and Ron too) I guess you might as well keep working. Between the teachers planning days, holidays, personal days and other special days, it works out you only have to teach about 2 days a week and for those you can call in sick.

Seems that way. I need a break from all this drama around here lately!
Posted on: 2010/5/5 15:07

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 05.05.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Heck yea, We're lucky to see the kids twice a week. But next year, I have to start over on the sick leave. They will pay me for the days I have built up....maybe $25/day....and I get to start over with 10 days next year, so it will be more difficult to take those two days off each week.

Actually, been thinking it over....double dipping isn't going to be a bad deal.
Posted on: 2010/5/5 16:34

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

I've decided to stay 1 more year. I can collect SS then and try to work down the honey do list. I just was not ready. Maybe I can find a replacement. This job is not that bad if we could just get rid of the drama and stupid people doing stupid things. Its hard to fix stupid!! Were not talking kids here, but adults, parents and teachers. Like I said I need to write a book. That little fire we had this morning was due to a first year teacher trying to do too much!! If that wasn't bad enough she poured the hot oil down the drain and turned on the cold water!! Nice touch!
Posted on: 2010/5/5 16:55

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
I've decided to stay 1 more year. I can collect SS then and try to work down the honey do list. I just was not ready. Maybe I can find a replacement. This job is not that bad if we could just get rid of the drama and stupid people doing stupid things. Its hard to fix stupid!! Were not talking kids here, but adults, parents and teachers. Like I said I need to write a book. That little fire we had this morning was due to a first year teacher trying to do too much!! If that wasn't bad enough she poured the hot oil down the drain and turned on the cold water!! Nice touch!

I told her she should be on the Food Channel.
Posted on: 2010/5/5 16:57

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 05.05.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Well, I'm a little disappointed. Good news is the motor is done and ready for pickup tomorrow. Bad news is I can't pick it up. My BIL needs his truck for work tomorrow and the engine shop is open til 5:30 only, and closed F-Su. I of course have the weekend off, and will be working next week. I might get the truck next Monday and get it after work. I don't know.

The other part is the bill is way higher than we originally talked about. Chalk that up to an unexpected cylinder head disassembly/inspection ($80), competition valve job ($225), flexplate ($63), tax ($181), unexpected block clearance ($100), parts wash for final assembly - not discussed ($100), and a couple other minor things that add up. Figure an extra grand over what we originally discussed!!! Ouch. Unfortunately, it's not really anyone's fault, just the way it is. On the other parts, I think he charged fair prices, but I don't have all the parts numbers to really see. I'm gonna talk to him tomorrow.

Hope everyone else's day was better than mine. I need a beer.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/5/6 0:28

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Matt. Rent a U-Haul for $19.95 plus fees. It might be worth it if you can pick up the engine for the weekend you have off. What's another $30.
Posted on: 2010/5/6 1:05

biggrizzly Re: Wednesday Chat 05.05.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

That's not a bad idea. If you got a buddy to help out the U-Haul idea would work.

I know the feeling about hidden and non-discussed costs too. They have a way of creeping up and biting you on the butt.
Posted on: 2010/5/6 1:15

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
I know the feeling about hidden and non-discussed costs too. They have a way of creeping up and biting you on the butt.

Now I have a funny feeling about my $2200 paint job. Taxes are another $155. Then there has to be the care and handling charge, tape disposal fee, communications surcharge, etc. We'll see ...
Posted on: 2010/5/6 10:45

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.