Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
293 user(s) are online (237 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 06.27.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable weekend so far. Yesterday I took the day off of work and got a chance to attend Bloomington Gold. I'll have to say it was an impressive site to see hundreds (thousands?) of corvettes lined up on the golf course. Did a lot of walking around and hit some vendors tents. I also got a chance to meet up with Ron (corvetteron), Jeff (-=Jeff=-), and Jason from V2V. What was weird is no one was near their cars on the course. I wanted to talk to a few people, but there was no one around! They were all at the auction, tents, food area, etc. So that was different than most car shows. I enjoyed the day, though, and would recommend going at least once.

When I came home I wanted to tinker with the car. I got the valve covers off. What a PIA. I couldn't believe it. The VCs on the 79 come off in about 3 minutes. The 89...an hour or so. Take off the a/c, remove the air pump pulley and lower bolt, etc. Geeze. I'll try to adjust the rockers later.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/6/27 11:41

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 06.27.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Let's get going Matt. Before you know it summer will be gone. 4th of July is right around the corner. What's really hard to believe is all my cars are roadworthy right now. I better enjoy the moment. Most of my car issues are cosmetic so I'm not overly concerned. Couple of minor things that could be done but that can wait till the cooler weather arrives. In the meantime I can try to build up my war chest.
US Soccer team did a good job considering the teams on the playing field. Tip of the hat for a good effort. Have a great Sunday. Make it one to remember.
Posted on: 2010/6/27 12:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 06.27.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Morning guys....not much happening here today. I finished up two computers yesterday...late last night. I have nothing on my agenda today.

Matt, I would truly love to go to Bloomington....at least once. It would be a fix for this addict. Wow, the L98 takes that long to get the VC off? My LT1 wasn't bad at all. Sure hope you can get all the little crap worked out do you can start driving it.
Posted on: 2010/6/27 14:11

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

PeteK Re: Sunday Chat 06.27.10
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

I have just begun a 12+ hour travel day.
NE Pa to Allentown, Pa
Allentown to Philly
Philly to Phoenix
Phoenix to Oakland, Ca

Waiting on flight #1 now. The good news is work will comp me this day, so I can enjoy an extra day off for the 4th of July weekend.

Enjoy the day.
Posted on: 2010/6/27 14:50

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 06.27.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Travel mojo, Pete! I was telling my boss yesterday that 3-4 hours strapped in the cattle section of a plane is uncomfortable, but 19 probably violates the Geneva Convention.

Sounds like a great day, Matt - I'll have to go there someday. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to the BHCC trip in a couple weeks.

Lazy day on tap, gonna have the family over for Father's Day since I was out of town last weekend.

Have a great one, all!
Posted on: 2010/6/27 15:00

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

RickAnthony Re: Sunday Chat 06.27.10
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Went to the Big Fish BBQ yesterday, but didn't goto the Show, Met up with CorvetteRon also at the BBQ. Had a good time there... waiting for the wife to show up so we can go out on her merchandising job together.. (She stocks Ink Cartidges 1 day every 2 weeks more driving then actual work)

-=Rick
Posted on: 2010/6/27 15:22
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 06.27.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I had trouble sleeping through the night, but was trying to force myself to sleep enough to get back on schedule. Just before I got up I had a vivid dream about owning a 67-72 Chevy pickup. It was 2-tone, candy blue with pearl white stripe around the belt. Just for grins, I looked on ebay, and found one without the white, but it is the same color as in my dream:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Found this one, too, very cool - the colors remind me of the '55 Olds we had when I was a toddler:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBa ... agename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Anyway, I'll bet one of those old pickups would be fun.
Posted on: 2010/6/27 19:43

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 06.27.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
I was telling my boss yesterday that 3-4 hours strapped in the cattle section of a plane is uncomfortable, but 19 probably violates the Geneva Convention.

I have been avoiding traveling to the Far East or Australia/New Zealand for the very reason stated. I would rather do one hour of waterboarding than spend that much time stuck on a plane in coach. I could probably deal with it in First Class. Even more so if I was still drinking.

Good thing you weren't dreaming of washing them pick-ups. That could have been a wet dream.
Posted on: 2010/6/27 22:27

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.