Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
301 user(s) are online (268 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ALDL
Assembly Line Diagnostic Link

The cable you use to connect to a TECH 1 or a laptop computer for diagnosis and data logging purposes....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Sunday Chat 10.31,10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Happy Halloween!

Another month has flown by. We are firmly embedded into the fall season. November is a heavy work month for my wife. She has about a 20 day straight run of work. The next two weekends she'll be at plant shows. Mom wants me to come vist her next weekend to go to the Hungarian club dance. I'll be there if I can. Last year my wife had major surgery in her throat on the right side. This year the left side has done the exact same thing only worse. She has an issue with the tonsil remains being entangled around her carotid arterey. In her surgery last year the Dr nicked the artery, pathched her up and stopped. This year he says this one is worse than the last one. Very dangerous. Let her know that this could actually be her last surgery ever. That's how dangerous this next proceedure could be. Of course, right now she is a little edgy. Tuesday we'll find out what's the best course of action. A couple of weeks ago we ended up in the ER in the middle of the night. They toatally misread the MRI and her surgeon ordered a new set of scans. He said the ER Dr had read everything backwards. We read the report. It's true. This will be her 53rd surgery. Unfuckinbelievable. Talk about having some lousy genes. Throw in a major car accident, a tainted blood transfusion, (hepatitus), double surgeries for the same problem, a few accidents at the job or at home and it all adds up. Well, that's about enough out of me. Chat with you later.
Posted on: 2010/10/31 12:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: Sunday Chat 10.31,10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Good Lick, Tommy.

I slept in compared to yesterday, it's 5:40 a.m.

I worked at the racetrack yesterday from 6:45 to 5:30 a tiring but enjoyable day.
I was in a Porsche Boxer most of the day, not impresssed, definately doesn't handle like a 911.
I'll put up some pics in the RR section.

Most other drivers view of a Vette:

Attach file:

jpg  2006-04-06 02-21-59_0001.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/10/31 12:44

biggrizzly Re: Sunday Chat 10.31,10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Tommy - I hope she gets some relief through this surgery. It being the most serious may give some finality to the problem. I don't mean like "the end" finality but getting rid of the problem in her throat once and for all. I hope they are successful at isolating the problem and don't screwing up again.

I'm sore in places this morning I never knew could get sore. lots of up and down and pulling and pushing yesterday to get the engine out. I needed the exercise! LOL

Both the motor and transmission are sitting on the garage floor ready for something... I'm taking the motor to shop near where I grew up, about 20 miles from here. The guy has built a few cars that show up at our autocross races and the owners are pretty happy with the results. His prices are pretty reasonalbe as well. I looked into two other shops but their prices seemed pretty high comparitively.

The transmission can be handled two ways. If Pete can take it soon, I'll drive it up his way. If that's not possible, the transmission guy at Sport Chevrolet does performance rebuilds on the side at his home garage also, and he tells me that he can do it for me as well. I trust PeteK more as he has a great following from the Corvette Community, but the local guy is a lot more convenient.

Decisions - I'll have to wait to hear from Pete.

Anyhow, that's my story today
I hope you all are well and have a great day!
Posted on: 2010/10/31 12:53

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 10.31,10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Good morning gurus....Tommy, I agree with Don, maybe this will be the fix your wife has been waiting for. We will pray for her. Don, isn't it amazing how we feel those little places?

Today is a nearly perfect fall day, upper 30's now looking for a high in the lower 60's. Sun is shining and no wind. I am planning on taking the Vette down and getting it out for a drive. Our local poor shelter is hosting a big car show this weekend , so I am planning on driving over to walk through. Other than that, not much else planned. If the wife goes with me, maybe we'll go see a movie afterward.

You guys (and gals) have a great day.
Posted on: 2010/10/31 13:40

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 10.31,10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Mojo to your Mrs., Tommy! That upside-down stuff is what gives me so much confidence in the medical industry. I hope she winds up in the capable hands of someone who actually knows and cares about what they are doing.

This getting up at the crack of 9 is tough, but I could get used to it. Did some shopping yesterday - when we were up north earlier this week we bought a lamp, so of course Mrs. Pianoguy decided she needed a new couch to go with it. Which will lead to a new rug. Ad nauseum. I bought a rickety 24-foot ladder so I can go up and fix a loose piece of siding today - should be fun.

Enjoy your Sunday, folks!
Posted on: 2010/10/31 14:15

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Vetron87 Re: Sunday Chat 10.31,10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Tommy I hope this will be the fix. My wife and I weekly visit the Grotto at Notre Dame and light a candle and some quiet time. We will light a candle for her Tommy. My wife was going to be a Nun at one point in her life, shes extrememly spiritual and believes in the power of prayer.

Another great day! high near 48, sunny. I'm going to order an electric water pump for my engine in the 89 Chevy Truck and watch Power Block TV.

Have a great day.
Posted on: 2010/10/31 14:18

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 10.31,10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I forgot to wish everyone a Happy Halloween. Hope the flow of trick-or-treaters is as slow as it was last year.

Meanwhile, this guy celebrates in an unusual manner:

http://www.asylum.com/2010/10/29/hand ... main|dl8|sec1_lnk3|181115
Posted on: 2010/10/31 14:30

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 10.31,10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Today is a nearly perfect fall day, upper 30's

In Florida that's below freezing. LOL. Thanks for the good wishes and prayers guys.

Brad, pumkin killing was excellent. Ron might like that one.
Posted on: 2010/10/31 14:31

Vetron87 Re: Sunday Chat 10.31,10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Our neighbors had a large Halloween party last night. We didn't go since my wife had her book club meeting and I had water pump issues with my truck.
Costume parties seem to be the rage for the last couple of years. A lot of Sue Sylverteries and Christine O Donnel for the guys and women was Gaga, and Danno from Haw/50.
I visited to get some food and beer. They wanted to know what I came dressed as, smelly greasy mechanic? or a human. Food was good along with some imported wines. One of our neighbor owns a beer and liquor distributor Quick buz and food and back at the water pump removal.
Ordered on line from Sumit Racing a new Edelbrock high output water pump. One ofm my projects a few summers ago was the shoe horn a GM Performance Division ZZ4 engine in my S10 4x4. Water pumps seem to be an issue. Not sure why,
Posted on: 2010/10/31 14:47

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 10.31,10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Tommy, hope all goes smoothly for your wife. To think, she has all those medical issues and still has to put up with you at home!

Wifey took the rugrats to her mom's/church for the morning so I could have some alone time working on the car. I'll get cleaned up and head over there later so I can take rugrat #1 for a little trick or treating. She's dressing up as a monkey this year. That kid loves the zoo so much it was pretty clear she wanted to dress up as an animal. We'll see what happens next year...might be the princess phase by then.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/10/31 15:08

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 10.31,10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Well, I'm back from the car show....must be the economy, there weren't as many cars as in the past. Some nice cars, but the numbers weren't there. It was nice to get the Corvette out, drove home with the window open...55*. Well I guess maybe I'll change the oil in the Corvette.
Posted on: 2010/10/31 17:40

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.